BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

Apparently Liverpool will pay £100,000 up front and then £900,000 in December and the rest of the £3m spread through the next 3 seasons. The other £2.5m arrives in the form of Mellor.

Mwahahahahahha

:o

What the hell? Where did you get that from? We'd be an absolute laughing stock if we agreed to this deal. They should pay it all upfront.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

icliverpool states that bellamy has passed a medical and agreed a fou-year-deal which he has returned to melwood (their training ground) to sign once formalities have been ironed out.

Unfortunatly for those who may be clinging on to the hope that Rovers may get more out of the deal, i.e. Pongolle, I don't see how this could happen, Liverpool are getting a bargain because of the clause, they are not just going to give us or drop a fee on pongolle just because they feel sorry for us!

Normally I would agree with you - but I think Rovers would be within their rights to insist that the transfer fee is paid in one lump sum - or they won't release Bellers. There may be some haggling going on in the background regarding how the payments are to be made - and Pingu may come into the equation as a sweetener for us to accept payment via installments.

If we get 6 million plus Pongo then we get our highest wage earner and most injury prone player off the books, acquire a young striker with potential on less salary, and money in the bank to buy a quality replacement who may - God forbid - actually be commited to the club who pays his wages! We all know that Bellamy was class when he turned out for us but lets not forget he missed a lot of games last season and we did very well without him. One astute signing with the Bellamy money and we will be back on course to repeat what we did last season, maybe even better.

Do you like how I've turned round the worst bit of close season transfer news possible into something positive?!

Yes I certainly do. Probably the most sensible post (mine included) so far in all this sad saga.

To be honest, I'm sick of the whole sorry story. He can't go soon enough now. It's been Liverpool and Bellamy (+ agent) manipulating everything to their advantage from start to finish and I feel sorry for Mark Hughes and John Williams who seem to have been honourable and as honest as anyone in football is nowadays. Other players are saying great things about Rovers and I just hope that some of the players who might be approached to come to us are listening to them and not looking at what Bellamy is doing.

To be honest, I'm sick of the whole sorry story. He can't go soon enough now. It's been Liverpool and Bellamy (+ agent) manipulating everything to their advantage from start to finish and I feel sorry for Mark Hughes and John Williams who seem to have been honourable and as honest as anyone in football is nowadays. Other players are saying great things about Rovers and I just hope that some of the players who might be approached to come to us are listening to them and not looking at what Bellamy is doing.

That's another very sensible post. I am feeling better already; any more?

Wonder if MGP or Reid would have had their decision to sign affected if they had known Bellers was off?

i think mgp is probably too laid back to fit in at the clubs mentioned as being interested in him (manure and spuds). and also reid was spot on in saying that "he'd had his best season here" etc... i'd prefer to keep reid and mgp over bellers anyway. shame as i feel we deserve nearer £10 mil for him though.

Was it a hard decision to leave Blackburn Rovers?

"The fact that it was Liverpool made it impossible for me to turn down the move. As I'm a fan, it doesn't matter what club I was at – I could never turn Liverpool down. You get the chance to play for Liverpool and it's a lifelong dream come true. I had a lot of friends at Blackburn - the players, the coaching staff, the chairman are all great people – and I owe them a lot – a hell of a lot to be honest. They helped me improve and they were there at an awkward time for me but I've spoken to a lot of the players and they know the situation. I've had no problem from any player at Blackburn and I'm sure if any of them got the chance to join the team they love with all their heart, they'd do exactly the same thing. It's sad in a way to leave Blackburn but this is too good a chance to turn down."

Archived