BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

I doubt that, MGP never wanted away, and if Reid would be affected, he'd wait until he knew the outcome of the Bellamy rumours, as they've been hot from before he signed

Don't think it would have made a difference to them. From a personal point of view I was always a little dubios of Bellers relationship with other members of the squad anyway. Great Great player, but an ego the size of Mount Everest.

I think the most important thing now is who we bring in to replace him. It MUST be a proven striker and a big name.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the betting Bellamy had his fingers crossed behind his back all the way through the interview with Benitez, so hen it all goes wrong he can say he didn't lie. Benitez must not have asked the right questions if Bellamy passed the interview with flying colours. I mean "Do you promise not to slag off Stevie G?" and Bellamy couldn't honestly answer yes!

I think that there is more to this deal that meets the eye. I believe Pongo or Mellor or Fowler or another player may be heading our way! Rovers wishing to keep this completely secret to avoid competition from other clubs. Otherwise this deal would have been done and dusted by now. Hughesy and Williams are no fools they'll get as much as possible out of this deal.

What's the betting Bellamy had his fingers crossed behind his back all the way through the interview with Benitez, so hen it all goes wrong he can say he didn't lie. Benitez must not have asked the right questions if Bellamy passed the interview with flying colours. I mean "Do you promise not to slag off Stevie G?" and Bellamy couldn't honestly answer yes!

Defo agree I has one big EGO but will it be as big at Annfield ? prob won't get on with the other players/stars :wstu:

They've prepared a profile for him on their official site by the look of it.

Type in Bellamy and it comes up "You don't have permission to access that resource"

Type in Finnan, Riise or whatever and their profile comes up.

Type in any other player like Ronaldinho, Kuqi or whatever and it says the page doesnt exist. Looks like they've got the profile ready for the go ahead from up above. :(

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/bellamy/

I think that there is more to this deal that meets the eye. I believe Pongo or Mellor or Fowler or another player may be heading our way! Rovers wishing to keep this completely secret to avoid competition from other clubs. Otherwise this deal would have been done and dusted by now. Hughesy and Williams are no fools they'll get as much as possible out of this deal.

:) Why does the phrase:- "clutching at straws"" come rushing to mind?

i thought the deal would be done and dusted by now?

maybe there is a problem in the works? medical results maybe?

Surely a joke? Have we no pride?

If the deal falls through for any reason other than Bellamy's desire to stay, then he should be transfer listed immediately, and we'd get less for him.

Best case scenario is that he turns them down. Second best is that the deal goes through without a hitch.

If we get 6 million plus Pongo then we get our highest wage earner and most injury prone player off the books, acquire a young striker with potential on less salary, and money in the bank to buy a quality replacement who may - God forbid - actually be commited to the club who pays his wages! We all know that Bellamy was class when he turned out for us but lets not forget he missed a lot of games last season and we did very well without him. One astute signing with the Bellamy money and we will be back on course to repeat what we did last season, maybe even better.

Do you like how I've turned round the worst bit of close season transfer news possible into something positive?!

Apparently Liverpool will pay £100,000 up front and then £900,000 in December and the rest of the £3m spread through the next 3 seasons. The other £2.5m arrives in the form of Mellor.

Mwahahahahahha

:o

I thought the deal was done and dusted yesterday

I'd hate to get my hopes up, but there is still a chance, beyond slim however, that he'd stay

I really don't want him back after this! And although I generally abhor wishing ill on anybody, I may just make an exception in this case.

Surely a joke? Have we no pride?

If the deal falls through for any reason other than Bellamy's desire to stay, then he should be transfer listed immediately, and we'd get less for him.

Best case scenario is that he turns them down. Second best is that the deal goes through without a hitch.

It's strange that something hasn't been announced. Surely it doesn't take this long, medicals and all.

I'm with you T4E, but even if he turns them down, there will always be a cloud over his fitness, it will always look like the scousers turned him down.

Best that he goes.

icliverpool states that bellamy has passed a medical and agreed a fou-year-deal which he has returned to melwood (their training ground) to sign once formalities have been ironed out.

Unfortunatly for those who may be clinging on to the hope that Rovers may get more out of the deal, i.e. Pongolle, I don't see how this could happen, Liverpool are getting a bargain because of the clause, they are not just going to give us or drop a fee on pongolle just because they feel sorry for us!

Are you sure you're a Rovers fan?! Don't sound like one! :lol:

Don't worry pal I'm as gutted as the next Rovers fan. Not quite as bad as the day Shearer signed for Newcastle but not far off. Probably more like Duff joining Chelsea, given the inevitability in the days leading up to the transfer. The difference is that Souness squandered the Duff money but Hughes is more likely to find a decent replacement in the weeks leading up to the new season. Please not Heskey! Nugent from Preston may be a better shout. It won't be a player of Bellamy's individual ability. We need someone who can fit into the way the team plays as a whole. And lets remember as a squad we are replacing 2 strikers now - no-neck & dickov. Kuqi & Gallagher arent good enough for the Premiership so in a sense Hughes has to start from scratch and build a new front line. If anyone can do it he can, but I dont envy him!

Archived