BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we have to wait all this time and they turn out to be ######, I'm going to be more than a bit miffed.

Tell me about it! It'll be like mmmm because we have now changed to umbro we have decided to disregard any opinions the fans have and ar now producing an away kit which is purple and yellow hoops not the red and black halvess youve been waiting 20 years for!! cos its cheaper and we know youll buy it anyway! BA STAR DS!

Sports World had a long term deal with the club. Umbro cannot supply the kit to the Club without Sportsworld first agreeing to it and getting a contract in place. If you want to have a go at somebody, try Sportsworld. If they got their fingers out and started behaving like a listed plc rather than a bunch of barrow boy market traders then we would have had our kit weeks ago.

Do you think it would be OK if got MCCARTHY 10 on the back? :unsure: I don't want him to leave and me to look stupid in a former player's shirt.

Mind you, by the time it comes out we'll probably know if he's staying or not. :rolleyes:

Spoke to a man 'in the know' last night, who said the new shirts (home & away) look very good as he`d seen them in the flesh.....so to speak.

Are they confirmed as Umbro yet?

I think it is quite obvious that it will be Umbro. I remember the other year the club were unable to confirm anything until July 1st at that is when the contract with the previous kit manufacturer ran out.

I know nothing as been confirmed but if longsdale contract was up n we got umbro.....Would tht mean an end to the crappy shop! What ever they call it! Before it turned to this it was rather a good palce to go! but now you cnt alreadly get any decent rovers merchedise! if yu do you pay full price one week and the next its reduced by 70% lol!

I think it is quite obvious that it will be Umbro. I remember the other year the club were unable to confirm anything until July 1st at that is when the contract with the previous kit manufacturer ran out.

So a possible situation update on Sunday?

The kit is definitely <_<Umbro it has been produced & ok`d by the club. My 'man in the know' ;) says it has all the umbro trademarks (ie...fancy under arm bits like the England shirts) & looks very nice (both home & away)

All we are waiting for is Sportsworld or whatever they`re called (?) to pull their fingers out & sign whatever contracts that need to be signed. The shirts are waiting to be dispatched.

That could be true. I saw an episode of The Money Programme which follwed a bloke working for Umbro. His job was to go undercover and sting the manufacturers of dodgy kits by posing as someone who wants to supply British market stalls with these goods. It took him to places like Thailand, and Malaysia, where he leaked false designs of the England kit to factory owners.

Still, it could be worse for the Spuds, next seasons home kit could be red with white sleeves :lol:.

Ah, but being good yids they will have purchased Arsenal's unused stock from the season when they were wearing their retro shirts. At a knock-down price of course. :lol:

longsdale contract was up n we got umbro

Would tht mean an end to the crappy shop!

The lonsdale shirt deal was tied into the shop deal and i believe it was 4 or 5 years. However Lonsdale have now decided not to produce shirts anymore and as such have broken part of the agreement, therefore Rovers are trying to get out of the shop deal as well. Once completed then we can go back to the glory days of rover the moon.

Thanks cletus, hope these shirts are worth the wait!

Archived