BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit

Well here is the new Northern Ireland kit. Unfortunately Lucy doesn't come with it as our commercial department fecked up there.

newawaykit2nf7.jpg

newawaykit3wc5.jpg

Nonetheless, I think Rovers have done a fantastic job getting Umbro on board and I look forward to wearing good quality for at least 12 months.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a four year deal with Umbro, not 12 months. That said, the kits will change every year.

Most deals are done 12 months ahead of the change date, Umbro however were only tapped up in May, so think yourselves lucky that you are getting a new kit at all. It normally takes 9 months to design, source manufacture and ship new shirts. 12 weeks is a pretty good turnroung time, when you consider it takes 6-8 weeks to transport the things from China!

12 weeks is a pretty good turnroung time, when you consider it takes 6-8 weeks to transport the things from China!

I have worked on several projects in China, and if you use DHL it doesn't take more than 2-3 days.

Hopefully they will use air shipment of the first couple of loads of kit.

23rd August for the kits!!! Blimey!

ah well thats about 100 quid saved for me because ive always had a rule if i dont have the new kit for me hols then i dont get one...having said that the little un birthday ios 17th so he may mider for one but i wont be getting one this season now..i love wearing a new rovers shirt on me hols

I have worked on several projects in China, and if you use DHL it doesn't take more than 2-3 days.

Hopefully they will use air shipment of the first couple of loads of kit.

Air Freight adds a cost of $1 per shirt, which ends up adding about £4 to the retail price. Never going to happen. Especially as the punters will already be complaining about the price!

If you consider that it takes 6 weeks minimum to get them here by sea, then they are already on the water, so unless you want to airlift them off a container vessel somewhere between Suez and Sri Lanka, then I suspect we may be waiting a week or two.

Those kits look awesome! Was gonna get the away one but not sure now because the home kit is lookin class with the umbro things near the collar

And thats the reason i dont like it. I always think they look tacky (kind of like the man u one in the 90's with the zip on it)

Was looking forward to the new shirts (especially the away one) but now I am not sure

And thats the reason i dont like it. I always think they look tacky (kind of like the man u one in the 90's with the zip on it)

Was looking forward to the new shirts (especially the away one) but now I am not sure

I agree with you. Looks over designed in a way. Don't like the stripes on the arms. Can't recall seeing that on any other Umbro kits this year.

Air Freight adds a cost of $1 per shirt, which ends up adding about £4 to the retail price. Never going to happen. Especially as the punters will already be complaining about the price!

If you consider that it takes 6 weeks minimum to get them here by sea, then they are already on the water, so unless you want to airlift them off a container vessel somewhere between Suez and Sri Lanka, then I suspect we may be waiting a week or two.

You must be using the slow boat from China - normal transit time is between 3 and 4 weeks.

However as you say, airfreight is a ridiculous waste of money, when all that's at stake is a few impatient Rovers fans who are fussy about which kit they wear on holiday.

You've got to get it from the factory to the port in China, clear Chinese customs, buy the appropriate "quota" then get it into the EU, unload and get to the warehouse. It never takes less than 6 weeks. Believe me, I've tried it.

I agree with you. Looks over designed in a way. Don't like the stripes on the arms. Can't recall seeing that on any other Umbro kits this year.

I don't think they're stripes as such, more just a pattern in the material. Some features are probably emphasised in the drawing of them

You must be using the slow boat from China - normal transit time is between 3 and 4 weeks.

However as you say, airfreight is a ridiculous waste of money, when all that's at stake is a few impatient Rovers fans who are fussy about which kit they wear on holiday.

* * * BREAKING NEWS * * *

You heard it here first. Looks as though Tris is making the move into logistics for a reported £50k hike on his yearly salary! The first sign of this was locating 'van-hire' in Blackburn so he could send stuff to the far end of Blackburn. Now further development has led for his insight into importing from the Far East. Maybe he'll be buying us all a pint next season!!

On the kit front, those definitely look the dogs!

Very impressed and this four year deal should be something to look forward to. However the away kit should be kept for two seasons.

Maybe we should make a poll to see what people think of the new kits or a poll on which kit you are going to buy. Might be interesting to see how many buy the away kit now that we finally have the red & black, half/half design.

* * * BREAKING NEWS * * *

You heard it here first. Looks as though Tris is making the move into logistics for a reported £50k hike on his yearly salary! The first sign of this was locating 'van-hire' in Blackburn so he could send stuff to the far end of Blackburn. Now further development has led for his insight into importing from the Far East. Maybe he'll be buying us all a pint next season!!

God help us all ;)

He's now talking about coach hire in Warsaw. I fecking knew it.

Archived