BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the new home kit is pants.

It looked ok initially. I liked the red near the top, but when I saw the players wearing the shirt which is virtually all white on the back, with white shorts and white socks... who are we? Bolton Wanderers? <_< Too much white for my taste.

Had been thinking of getting one but now I'm not too sure.

It looked ok initially. I liked the red near the top, but when I saw the players wearing the shirt which is virtually all white on the back, with white shorts and white socks... who are we? Bolton Wanderers? <_< Too much white for my taste.

Had been thinking of getting one but now I'm not too sure.

Read the thread mate. The white backed shirt is ONLY for the European games. Its something to do with the numbers and you cant have the halves. The white backed shirt will not be on sale to Joe Public though the shirts the players wear will be auctioned off for charity

...wearing the shirt which is virtually all white on the back, with white shorts and white socks... who are we? Bolton Wanderers?

I know what you mean. If only we had Nike. They'd have made it Blue and White halves on the back as well as the front and to hell with the UEFA regulations. Surely Umbro won't make our home Premier Shirts the same as Boltons will they? Does anyone know? I blame the club shop.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jul 27 2007, 11:51 ) 531353[/snapback]
Cutting it fine to get them out by 3pm tomorrow ;)

Its another 4 weeks before either are on sale.

According to the store site both kits are released on the 23rd of August so thats 5 games into the season! Everton Away 25/08 is the first chance to wear it and the first home game will be on the 1st of September!!! That is shocking!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Jul 27 2007, 11:51 ) 531353[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Cutting it fine to get them out by 3pm tomorrow ;)

Its another 4 weeks before either are on sale.

According to the store site both kits are released on the 23rd of August so thats 5 games into the season! Everton Away 25/08 is the first chance to wear it and the first home game will be on the 1st of September!!! That is shocking!

"Shocking" . in a disbief way. Surprising ?

It is shocking but not unlike rovers from past seasons. However the new kit deal was put in place very late, so we'll give them this season and see how next season goes.

Read the thread mate. The white backed shirt is ONLY for the European games. Its something to do with the numbers and you cant have the halves. The white backed shirt will not be on sale to Joe Public though the shirts the players wear will be auctioned off for charity

Aye fair 'nuff! (though can't be bovvered with all 20 pages) :unsure:

Relieved about that.

We're all about the blue and white :brfc: not "blue and white but only on the front"

I have been thinking about this and who the hell do UEFA think they are telling us that we have to change our kit to play in their competition?! The blue and white halves are a footballing institution and have been around a lot longer than the money grabbing out of touch with the fans organisation that is UEFA.

I know it is probably so that the players details can be seen more clearly by tv commentators, but who cares, it the little things like this that really make me feel that football has lost the plot, all tv and money now, grrrr.

In my mind making Rovers change their historic kit is the equivalent of wiping your arse on the Bayeux Tapestry, adding lemonade to lager or performing a rap version of a Beatles song, some things are just sacred... :angry:

Archived