BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do the sizes compare to last season's? We porky larger fans need to know!

I ordered them via the club shop website. Size, well I got a larger one lets say and it fits well. I bought a bigger size than normal as footy shirts tend to be slim fitting now!!! :)

Well seen as I've beat Stuwilky home I'll be the first to say what a shambles that shop is.

Surely they knew it was going to be their biggest day of the year, but it seems as though the whole day was a surprise to them.

Before we left they had run out of the letter "A"s and probably more to follow. But they hadn't told any of the people who had already paid and waiting for printing. I reckon they'd be able to do about another 6-7 shirts after ours, before any names with A were out of the question.

Because they were rushing half of the shirts weren't being printed properly.... the positioning of letters on shirts was just wrong.

It could all have been avoided quite simply with just a few bits of common sense

- buy enough letters. A is not exactly an uncommon letter is it

- could they not have preprinted shirts with popular names last night or this morning. just a few in each size would help ease the load

- get the other SWI shop to print some too, cos they wouldn't be as busy and bring them down in a car

It might not be so bad if we weren't paying £1 per letter and £4 per number.

XXXL is your stock FAT B$%T$RD size

Well seen as I've beat Stuwilky home I'll be the first to say what a shambles that shop is.

I was in KFC :lol:

Sadly Im not shocked by this morning.

To be fair to them, they are getting another order of letter "A" tomorrow lunchtime. They also have some set up of some of the more popular names - Sana Cruz, McCarthy and a handful more (although no Tugay or Samba)

Printing needs carefully checking WHILE they are doing it - the rude manager and her even ruder sidekick seem to believe that I signed for them to put it anywhere on the shirt. The "V" from Orvil is way off centre!

lol, A is quite a major one for us. I'm guessing most people would be wanting Santa Cruz, Maccarthy, Samba, Savage, so they're all out of the question.

The clubshop is clueless, it's not rocket science is it.

Personally I blame Grooby, bet he didnt tell them ;)

Surely they knew it was going to be their biggest day of the year, but it seems as though the whole day was a surprise to them.

Before we left they had run out of the letter "A"s and probably more to follow. But they hadn't told any of the people who had already paid and waiting for printing. I reckon they'd be able to do about another 6-7 shirts after ours, before any names with A were out of the question.

Because they were rushing half of the shirts weren't being printed properly.... the positioning of letters on shirts was just wrong.

It could all have been avoided quite simply with just a few bits of common sense

- buy enough letters. A is not exactly an uncommon letter is it

- could they not have preprinted shirts with popular names last night or this morning. just a few in each size would help ease the load

- get the other SWI shop to print some too, cos they wouldn't be as busy and bring them down in a car

It might not be so bad if we weren't paying £1 per letter and £4 per number.

You would think they would be at least a little prepared :unsure:

Sounds as though different departments within the club are not communicating sufficiently.

I spent 10 mins picking the best of the shirts off the rail, there are subtle differences in the quality of the stiching/edging etc. I take it to the counter ( after waiting 20 mins in the queue ), the girl takes it off me, and gives me one in a plastic packet!!

If I hadn't to get back to work pretty sharpish OR the people behine me werent BRFC supporters, I would have insisted in checking th shirt there and then.

As it is, IF I feel the shirt in the as yet unopened bag, is not of the standard as the one I had carefully chosen. I shall be back there at a less frought time to exchange.

As someone already said, you would have thought that on what will be their busiest day of the year, more "trainined staff" would have been on with additional tills. The queues can only get longer come 2:30.

Commercial Director shoots wide of the mark yet again!!

Sounds as though different departments within the club are not communicating sufficiently.

I'm not having a go at you honest I'm not. BUT...

It's not owned by the club is it? It's owned by those cretins at SWI. Also - how hard can it be? "Different departments"?? I'd have thought it would be up to the Store Manager.

"Right, there's the new shirt launch on Thursday, we'd better be ready. No lateness, no sickness, we've got all that new stock to sell! Ah yes, nearly forgot (again) I'd better checks we've got plenty of letters in for the names on the back of the new shirts. We've plenty of X's and Z's in. We've covered for J's and B's. What's that?!? Vowels, vowels?!? Nah - I'm pretty sure we'll not be needing many of those. Besides if we get those ordered in it'll give the impression we actually give a sh...."

When someone has seen them in the club shop could they please let me know if they have long sleeved versions.

The online store 'aren't sure' if they will be doing them :angry:

no long-sleeved ones in sight, when i popped in this morning.

from previous experience the long-sleeve ones have been available around 3 wks after launch (apart from the light blue HSA one, which was available from day 1.)

i'm waiting on the long sleeved versions and optimistic they'll release them.

Printing needs carefully checking WHILE they are doing it - the rude manager and her even ruder sidekick seem to believe that I signed for them to put it anywhere on the shirt. The "V" from Orvil is way off centre!

did you pay for the top ??

I got my shirt from the club shop last year, but JJB is definitely the way forward this time, better staff and cheaper printing!

I wish all those people who are boycotting Holland's pies would boycott the club shop instead, as it is poorly run and in no way benefits the supports who go in!

Archived