BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i gotta say that im fed up with all this shoulder nonsense on footie shirts of recent years....whats worse is that the companies who make them come up with one design and then use it for 5 or 6 clubs......off the top of my head west ham, rangers, everton and birmingham city all have a nearly identical peace of rubbish on the shoulders of their shirts as we do..totally unorigional...i mean they look alright and id still wear this years rovers shirt and enjoy owning it...but i wish the kits could be plainer, i reckon the simpler the shirt the better....and i hate to say it but the best new shirt ive seen is man u's....coz its just red-no silly business.........blue and white halves is already the best design around and if we could just have a plain shirt id be a happy man.......well a bit happier

Love the red/black away strip and I'm tempted to get "Let's all do the Samba" on the back but it would probably cost more than the shirt!.

:)

Just get Samba and have some sign saying "Let's all do the Samba." ;)

i gotta say that im fed up with all this shoulder nonsense on footie shirts of recent years....whats worse is that the companies who make them come up with one design and then use it for 5 or 6 clubs......off the top of my head west ham, rangers, everton and birmingham city all have a nearly identical peace of rubbish on the shoulders of their shirts as we do..totally unorigional...i mean they look alright and id still wear this years rovers shirt and enjoy owning it...but i wish the kits could be plainer, i reckon the simpler the shirt the better....and i hate to say it but the best new shirt ive seen is man u's....coz its just red-no silly business.........blue and white halves is already the best design around and if we could just have a plain shirt id be a happy man.......well a bit happier

Agree entirely - a design based on the 1960 cup final shirt, albeit with a tighter/higher v-neck would be superb. :brfc:

Did you really fit it all on?! B)

How much did it cost you? ;)

can't remember, bought it at end of the season so the shirt was quite cheap..the letters was most likely more expensive than the shirt :P I'll post up a picture of it tomorrow or something

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered 2 home shirts - 1 for me and one for the baby. Was going to get the away but am going to wait and see if the home fits first and if it does I will get the away one ordered.

I suspect by the end of the season I may even pick up a 2nd away one to keep for when my one gets old. Yes Rovers take note, thats what having a decent shirt does to people

The shirts are both really, really nice this year. I will be getting a home and away as well as a goalkepper jersey, when it comes out. Well designed shirts really do increase sales and revenue. It's very simple really, but few clubs seem to release good looking kits on a regular basis.

I don't suppose anybody involved in the development of the kit, or who is in the know, has any idea of the fit? Are umbro and Lonsdale owned by the same company?

Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow when hundreds of you will have the shirts in front of you!

I popped in to the store today and they were making space for the large consignment of boxes that appeared to be waiting in the wings. Cheekily asked if I could purchase the shirts today as I am at work tomorrow very early doors until late and got a resounding cheeky NO from the girl.

Some good deals on training kits made by umbro.

Cant wait untiuol they rid the store of the crap they sell on behalf of sports soccer, it really is tosh.

When someone has seen them in the club shop could they please let me know if they have long sleeved versions.

The online store 'aren't sure' if they will be doing them :angry:

I want to know the answer to this question too. Although if worse comes to worse I'll just get a shirt sleeved one. :D

Ordered mine tuesday night, just home for the moment. £50 odd quid with personalisation, £4 per number is a bit pricey.

Derbyshire away shirt will have to wait a while for more funds, especially as he is number 27!

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 23 2007, 10:05 ) 540490[/snapback]
They seem remarkably similar to last years kits.

Got mine first thing this morning, even Beamos working in the shop (doing the display mind).

Best not go down today then <_<

Stu is picking mine up......hopefully will arrive in sunny Harrogate tomorrow.

Archived