BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the fans should petition so that the club play in halved kits for both home & away each year - its unique in our league and it stands out!

I think the biggest "petition" we can make as fans is buying the kit and let them know how much we want it. I can see a lot more people buying the new away one than for a long time.

Is that split black and red away shirt the Euro shirt, and not for sale, or will it be available?

If so, there's one coming back to the States with me (along with a scarf, which seems to be impossible to buy over here). As you can see from below, red and black fit quite well in a DC United stadium. And with Ryan's name and number on the back, that will go quite well. We still miss him over here.

Look closely at the DC United player with the captain's arm band squatting closest to the ball. You may recognize him.

...To be fair I think that the steward was just picking on me because he also told me to sit down when Ped scored who was running over to where I was stood (the goal was scored with the last kick of the game against sheff utd - as if I am not going to jump up)...
This is sad...in the US we can, and do, stand the full 90.

web_095_mll.jpg

web_118_mll.jpg

Is that split black and red away shirt the Euro shirt, and not for sale, or will it be available?

The red and black halved shirt is the official Premiership away shirt of the coming season. It has always seemed logical to me, and probably many others to have the alternative strip halved like the traditional and instantly recognizable home shirt. Apart from all the petty quibbles over the small details, I think the red and black halved shirt is the best for some time, and will be buying my first shirt since about 1998. (Providing it is not £40). Hoping to have OZZ and 9 on the back!

I have always thought our away kit should be red and black but not really bothered how it is designed.... the red and black lonsdale/HSA away shirt is one of my all time fave rovers shirts (plus it was the only lonsdale my sponser stayed on), and the red and black striped shirts of 1995 and 2001 were class (I LIKE STRIPES!), so yeah dont care as long as its red and black!

The red and black halved shirt is the official Premiership away shirt of the coming season. It has always seemed logical to me, and probably many others to have the alternative strip halved like the traditional and instantly recognizable home shirt. Apart from all the petty quibbles over the small details, I think the red and black halved shirt is the best for some time, and will be buying my first shirt since about 1998. (Providing it is not £40). Hoping to have OZZ and 9 on the back!

Agree about the halved away kit.....looks good.Although its sadly unlikely to happen I would be more than happy to see red and black halves remain as our permanent away strip.

So here's another question from the great unwashed (me).

Will I be able to buy the red/black kit at Ewood Park? Is there a stadium shop, or something like that?

And if so, do they have the ability to put a name and number on it?

If not, then how do I get one while I'm in the area?

I'm looking forward to a win at the home opener.

I certainly need one. Our U20s lost to Austria today in the quarter finals and I just got back from watching my MLS team draw at home after being up 3-0.

This has not been a good day.

Will I be able to buy the red/black kit at Ewood Park? Is there a stadium shop, or something like that?

And if so, do they have the ability to put a name and number on it?

If not, then how do I get one while I'm in the area?

I'm looking forward to a win at the home opener.

I certainly need one. Our U20s lost to Austria today in the quarter finals and I just got back from watching my MLS team draw at home after being up 3-0.

Yes there is a stadium shop, and yes they will print name and number on your shirt.

Will I be able to buy the red/black kit at Ewood Park? Is there a stadium shop, or something like that? Yes to both questions there

And if so, do they have the ability to put a name and number on it? Yes they will - for a small fee

If not, then how do I get one while I'm in the area? see above

I'm looking forward to a win at the home opener. so are the rest of us (you do know that we are away for the first game dont you)

I certainly need one. Our U20s lost to Austria today in the quarter finals and I just got back from watching my MLS team draw at home after being up 3-0. I wont comment on this one :ph34r:

Seahawk, I cant seem to find the bit where you mention when you are over this way?
My wife and I arrive in Manchester on August 9th, then to a small B&B near Buxton and on to Nottingham where she has a writer's conference. Then up to York, which we'll use as a base to head north and west...so I'll be in the Blackburn area on the 15th, since I also want to visit Preston and Leyland where my maternal great-grandparents were born (Tattersall and Topping), raised and married.

Now, what to do with my wife on that evening is a question, since although she is a strong football fan, she doesn't fancy Blackburn (or any other EPL team). Strictly a DC United fan, and not a crazy like me, so when she wants to go to a match I don't get to stand with La Barra. In fact when I started joining in with the chants that were coming from the other side of the stadium last night she gave me a very funny look.

However, since I'll be driving, and it's a long walk to York, it might be she'll just have to come. I'll just tell her it's another chance to see Nelsen play.

And, in response to another question, yes I do know that the first match is against Boro, away. How could I not? My boss is from that area and a Boro fan, so I can't wait to give him a bit of grief after that one's over :lol:

And thanks, all, for the kind answers.

what about the amrket place and he old vehicle museum, worden park and tescos ?

All Classics... which can be seen on the Leyland Heritage walk at St Andrews Church... and the Lancashire Football Association of course how could we forget that!

lucky, skip, lucky. I wish that bloody horrible bet24 logo would fall off :( 40, 60, 80, 95 degrees, fabric softener and no fabric softener and machine dried. Not a bloody dent on it!

My bet 24 logo has started to crack, hey maybe you should send it to me, I could get the mrs to wash it for you, it'd soon drop off. Could make a business out of her as long as we have crap sponsors :lol:

does anyone happen to know when the official training gear goes on sale??

is it before or after or the same time as the new shirts??

as i want to invest in a rovers traksuit for the forthcoming season as i have just seen west hams,and it looks really nice and as we are both having our kits made by umbro,ours should be pretty much the same right??

does anyone happen to know when the official training gear goes on sale??

is it before or after or the same time as the new shirts??

as i want to invest in a rovers traksuit for the forthcoming season as i have just seen west hams,and it looks really nice and as we are both having our kits made by umbro,ours should be pretty much the same right??

Our training kit's nice - you can see it on SAS's pics on the VK Vetra thread.

Archived