BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we are not the only ones who like our new kit. A source tells me that Sunderland have all but sold out of their kits and that Hull have sold three times the number of shirts they did in the last season before Umbro.

Hats off to the board for doing a very good deal with a proper football brand.

Going to order the away top today, what is the fit like?

Am a stocky 6"2, according to the chest size on the site I should be a medium bit that can't be right, usually get a large or extra large, any help??

I haven't gotten one of the new shirts... yet, but I had a M one last season, but needed a L in my Ireland Umbro shirt, so if you have an England shirt I'd get the same size as that, or if you had M last season, then you may need a L

Maybe even an extra large actually if you say that is what you sometimes get.

Just so you know, it seems as though all Sports World branches in major cities or in reasonably close proximity to Blackburn stock both kits. I reckon Newcastle would stock it. Find the Sports World website and phone up the free phone number and ask - they have a stock checking facility.

I'm usually a medium but have put on a fair bit of weight. A large fits just about right, but the extra large wasn't extra large at all!

OK. Just so that I've got this strait (and I want multiple confirmations on this :D ): If you normally wear a medium shirt in everyday life and a medium of last season's Lonsdale kit was what fit best, then you should order a large in this year's Umbro kits. Correct?

OK. Just so that I've got this strait (and I want multiple confirmations on this :D ): If you normally wear a medium shirt in everyday life and a medium of last season's Lonsdale kit was what fit best, then you should order a large in this year's Umbro kits. Correct?

I reckon a medium would fit a 'normal wearing medium' bod however, it would be a snug fit and a bit clingy.

Each to their own though

Jesus got both kits today went to get Derbyshire 27 on my shirt , priced it up and it came to 19quid , they really can ###### of for that price im gonna try and bribe JJB to do it for me when they have the kits in store say it was a present or something.

Good luck with that! JJB can be very arsey about lettering if you don't have a reciept and will try and charge you £6/number £1.50/letter, which is even more than SW

I reckon a medium would fit a 'normal wearing medium' bod however, it would be a snug fit and a bit clingy.

Each to their own though

I'd agree with that. The medium would probably fit, but it would be pretty snug.

Also, has anybody noticed how horribly uncomfortable the collar is on the umbro shirts, along with the general poor quality? Quite a few I looked at today had poor bits of stitching as well.

But they both look great, so I'm happy :)

Jesus got both kits today went to get Derbyshire 27 on my shirt , priced it up and it came to 19quid

It should be £18 from the club.

£1 per letter = £10

£4 per number = £8

Not that it still isn't a total rip off! Only a few years back it was 50p a letter and £2 a number. Oh god i'm starting to sound old! :rover:

Jesus got both kits today went to get Derbyshire 27 on my shirt , priced it up and it came to 19quid , they really can ###### of for that price im gonna try and bribe JJB to do it for me when they have the kits in store say it was a present or something.

Yeah JJB were having none of it last year with me, thats why I'm defo getting it from JJB this time!

Cheers for the replies, am heading into town to watch the live footy and do a bit of drinking/shopping so will have a mooch and see if the shirts are on the go!

If not the club shop will more than do a job, think large will be the way to go :tu:

I'm glad I ordered mine online. They came nicely packaged and from a distribution centre in Mansfield. So they never got to see the club shop and therefore couldn't be touched by the peasants that work there.

You obviously haven't seen the Mansfield locals then??

Archived