BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
L is small, XL fit a good sized lad, XXL if you enjoy a few beers, XXXL is your stock FAT B$%T$RD size

Hmm, i have ordered XL with personalisation. Could be great fun if it doesn't fit, but i normally have XL in umbro shirts.

b12_Simon you better look at that XXXL :P I just feel sorry for the those slim people next to you in the BBE B)

b12_Simon you better look at that XXXL :P I just feel sorry for the those slim people next to you in the BBE B)

cheecky so and so ........our simon is picture of top physique...........like mickey quinn or jan molby ;)

Just back from The Roverstore and I think the response has taken The Club by surprise a bit.

Previous launch/signings have seen the place packed but the queue gone within 20 minutes or so and the players sat at the tables looking bored.

Players arrived at 14:30 and the queue was still snaking back to the ticket office an hour later (previously it had been alongside the store backing down Nuttall Street).

John Newsham was in discussion with Tom Finn and Ken Beamish and they stopped people joining the line for signatures after about 45 minutes. Chris Samba went for an interview at about 15:30, not sure if he ever came back, but he is a big lad when you stand next to him.

There was a bit of confusion regarding which was the correct queue (one for siggys and one for shirts) and some people were a little fed up to find themselves in front of the players without having a shirt to sign.

The signature queue went in through the out door (Led Zeppelin) and people in the store struggled to leave (the doors being automatic you had to wait for someone to enter before you could nip out. Would have been good to relocate the queue or wedge the door open).

One or two waiting in the store got a bit stroppy as it wasn't too clear where the queue for the tills actually was and inadvertent queue jumping went on as the sales assistants called people over who had just wandered up.

The lack of "A's" has already been mentioned, but a kept receipt means you can have the shirt printed at a later date.

By and large, though, The Club must be happy with the turnout and a fair amount of shirts must have been sold.

Maybe it's because the away shirt is more distinctive but that seemed to be the one that was selling best/most noticeable.

*Given that people were invited down to the event by The Club I think that Ken Beamish's treatment of some fans waiting for signatures was out of order. As 'Commercial Manager' he didn't represent a very good image of himself or of The Club*

I got there late on as I went to visit my mum in hospital. When I got there there were no kits left in my size, and they wouldn't let me get a pic of my son with any of the players.

Now I am late for work and feeling a little depressed :(

At least I got Jack a kit!

Went down to the store about 1.30p.m. to check out the price of the new away kit and it was absolutely mobbed out inside and outside the "Club shop". At that point there only seemed to be eight of the red and black away kits left on the rail in the size I wanted (L)

Went back down about 4.30p.m. not expecting to have any joy, but seemingly got the last one in that size! (unless they've loads more in the back etc.)

I have NEVER bought an away strip before, and would never normally dream of paying nearly 36 quid for any football shirt - I usually like paying about 8 quid for last season's shirts! :P - but i have to say the red and black shirt is absolutely awesome.

I would implore the powers that be to make the red and black halves the permanent colour for our away kit, in years to come as instantly recognisable as the blue and white halves at home.

We've always had the best home strip in the League, now for the first time we've got the best away strip as well imo. :rover::tu:

Well that's definitely a good sign! Was it the black GK top?

I remember two seasons back they put the grey GK top on sale, but not the much cooler looking green one. I desperately wanted that one but couldn't get it :(

Black, they didn't have any green ones

I would implore the powers that be to make the red and black halves the permanent colour for our away kit, in years to come as instantly recognisable as the blue and white halves at home.

That would good. Two iconic strips. Hope them upstairs make it so.

Well..., if we buy enough of them every year, then I'd say there's a chance that could happen.

Couldn't agree more....make the red and black permanent.

It won't be. This is going to be the most popular Rovers away kit ever, but manufacturers enjoy buggering around with away kits too much.

Plus we'd need a different one if (God forbid) we were ever to share a division with Crystal Palace again.

Sorry haven't read the whole discussion - does anyone know where in Manc City Centre they are on sale?

Sports World in the new bit of the arndale centre. JJB didn't have them

Archived