BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Want Sven

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely that job wouldn't hold any appeal whatsoever for Sparky would it?

Seemingly a massive backwards step in terms of his playing personnel and probably wouldn't exactly be conducive to his chances of eventually taking over at Man Ure.

Not too worried by this one .........I think.............. :unsure:

I remember waking up one morning putting the radio on and hearing Howard Kendall had left City overnight to go back to Everton, not a murmur in the press and there he was , gone. Nothing surprises me in football! I was expecting it after the success he's had with Rovers. Having said that I listened to the phone in on GMR and not one caller mentioned Hughes, obviously the directors at City are smarter than the average City fan.

While City, especially under new ownership and with lots of money available, could be seen as a more attractive club to go to I think there's two reasons for Hughes not to take the job. One, because of his United connections I suspect he would only have a small honeymoon period and, if things didn't start well, he could find himself under pressure very early. And two, if he ever wants to manage Man U managing City first isn't the best way to go about it.

I'd be very surprised if Hughes went there but I can't blame City for wanting him.

Well Betfair - the best guage - currently has Hughes at 50-1 to become next City manager.

If youre worried this is the best place to get an accurate indication of the chances.

Incidentally Ranieri is the 9/4 fav at the moment.

It wouldn't suprise me to find every premiership club wants Hughes. However i can't see him leaving in the near future, we have a good setup and an exciting season ahead. Whereas Man City haven't, although it can't get much worse for them i guess.

Well Betfair - the best guage - currently has Hughes at 50-1 to become next City manager.

If youre worried this is the best place to get an accurate indication of the chances.

Incidentally Ranieri is the 9/4 fav at the moment.

Betfair were offered 35/1 on Hughes becoming Rovers manager the day before it happened.

Needless to say, I won a few quid the following morning

Betfair were offered 35/1 on Hughes becoming Rovers manager the day before it happened.

Needless to say, I won a few quid the following morning

Absolute nonsense.

I followed the betting by the hour and Hughes was never bigger than 4-1, even when Dowie and Strachan were being hammered. I ended up putting Nearly £300 on Hughes at about 2-1 after placing similarly large bets on Dowie and Strachan.

Ended up about £300 up after placing bets of about £600

Absolute nonsense.

I followed the betting by the hour and Hughes was never bigger than 4-1, even when Dowie and Strachan were being hammered. I ended up putting Nearly £300 on Hughes at about 2-1 after placing similarly large bets on Dowie and Strachan.

Ended up about £300 up after placing bets of about £600

I must have imagined it then.

The money came from somewhere though :unsure:

I must have imagined it then.

The money came from somewhere though :unsure:

Sorry mate, dont mean to question you but I became an obsessive with that market for two reasons and if it did reach those odds it must have been swift and taken up very quickly.

Hughes by the way has just gone from 50's to 3-1 and back out to 50's again !

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ May 14 2007, 23:23 ) 512918[/snapback]
I do remember some big bets being available on Betfair that day. Same goes for the day Souness went to Newcastle.

Now this one I'm certain of, on the monday Souness went I woke up to find him 4/5 to become manager whilst he was 80-1 when I'd gone to bed.

By the time I'd got to work I had a text from a friends wife who works at the LET saying they were printing a story about him leaving and managed to get £800 on at 4/7.

Definitely nothing odds against on that Monday

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ May 15 2007, 00:23 ) 512918[/snapback]
I do remember some big bets being available on Betfair that day. Same goes for the day Souness went to Newcastle.

Im fairly sure someone pointed me towards them as well, no idea if it was someone from on here or not. I missed out on goods odds sadly.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ May 15 2007, 00:07 ) 512913[/snapback]
Down to 7-1 now !!

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, anyone lucky enough to back him at 50-1 and lay him at 3/1 or even 7/1 will already have made a humongous profit and won't give two hoots who the next Citeh manager is!

Archived