BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Want Sven

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose it comes down to a large extent to the financial backing. If they have something extraordinary, say £25million transfer budget in place year on year then he might be tempted. However if they don't then Hughes should feel he has got a better do at Rovers. City are in a position where they need to essentially replace every player in their team bar Richards and Distin and a few of the other young lads. Perhaps a better manager could get more out of Samaras and Vassell but realy their squad is shot through.

I think we should be okay.

BBC are saying that the City chairman, Legend, is dead set on a European manager: Legend

Don't see Hughes going to Citeh, especially after all the rebuilding he's done at Rovers and next season will be one of promise as he'll be near enough be complete with shipping out Souey's dead wood remnants.

I think Hughes would see this season as unfinished due to the injuries to key players, and will probably stay for at least one more season when the likes of Savage, Reid etc. are all fit and ready to go. The only threat would be if Mourinho or Ferguson are sacked/die, or Real Madrid, Barca or some other big foreign club pick him as a leftfield choice if they get rid of their manager.

I suppose it comes down to a large extent to the financial backing. If they have something extraordinary, say £25million transfer budget in place year on year then he might be tempted. However if they don't then Hughes should feel he has got a better do at Rovers. City are in a position where they need to essentially replace every player in their team bar Richards and Distin and a few of the other young lads. Perhaps a better manager could get more out of Samaras and Vassell but realy their squad is shot through.

I think we should be okay.

BBC are saying that the City chairman, Legend, is dead set on a European manager: Legend

I thinkyou'll find that they will need a replacement for Distin and probably Richards as well before the new season starts.

City wait for their chosen man to become free

The prospective new owners of Manchester City are close to announcing the appointment of a successor to Stuart Pearce but the man in question first has to tell his current club. It is understood the foreign coach has not yet finished his own domestic season and wants to wait until his league is over before breaking the news.

Louis Van Gaal it will be it seems to The Independent.

I think Hughes would see this season as unfinished due to the injuries to key players, and will probably stay for at least one more season when the likes of Savage, Reid etc. are all fit and ready to go. The only threat would be if Mourinho or Ferguson are sacked/die, or Real Madrid, Barca or some other big foreign club pick him as a leftfield choice if they get rid of their manager.

Sparky is the bomb, but I don't think he is Madrid or Barca quality, might want to win 1 or 2 big trophies first.

I still think it will be Koeman for Citeh

I really think we're safe on this one. If our injured players (especially the 2 in midfield) come back as good as they were, we have the best squad in a decade.

Meanwhile City are shyte shyte shyte. No way would MH take such a massive step down. Not unless he'd punched John Williams or something.

Sparky is the bomb, but I don't think he is Madrid or Barca quality, might want to win 1 or 2 big trophies first.

I still think it will be Koeman for Citeh

thats why I said he'd be a leftfield choice. Souness moved to Newcastle at a time when we were poo. No-one expected that. no-one expected Ramon Diaz, and Argie coach to take over at Oxford, but he did. And then get deported. Things sometimes come out of the blue.Who'd have thought Germany would be the 3rd best team in the world cup, especially since Jurgen klinsmann had no coaching experience? Unless the Thai bloke says the next managr has a budget of £30m+, I really doubt Hughes would consider Citeh, especially with the career path he took when playing, as McClarky had mentioned.

Van Gaal, Koeman and Houllier have all said this morning that they are not interested in the City job.

Next option Hughes ?

Quit stirring Jim. You know fine well The Sun are the only paper to carry this half-arsed story.

Man City want a foreign coach. Claudio Ranieri wants a return to the Premiership. Wouldn't you say that's far more likely than Hughes?

Archived