BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Want Sven

City, with a far bigger fan base and profile than Blackburn and armed with the potential to launch a sustained European campaign, would be an obvious attraction for Hughes, 43, who is regarded as the top young manager in the country.

That's a hilarious line (from the MEN article)

:lol:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can think of no reason why Hughes would opt to leave Blackburn Rovers to join Manchester City. Not one. And I'm a Bolton Wanderers fan ffs! :tu:

That's a hilarious line (from the MEN article)

:lol:

And one fan's take on the subject:

To every City fan who things Hughes would be a good choice,you should all hang your heads in shame.!!What exactly has he won .Thats right the same as Pearce did,plenty of NOTHING.!!But that good enough for some of you judging by some of the blogs.Happy to aim mid table,maybe intertoto cup,eh?Happy to watch Hughes brand of physical manhandle them style of football eh??Ever heard or the word ambition.?Hughes as our new boss...a kick in the teeth to everyone,do me a favour !!dont you think its time we had,and indeed deserve a manager whos got "won this"and "won that" on his cv.

nick lawless,caterham,surrey,(Blackley born and bred), caterham

13/06/2007 at 16:36

The delusions persist :rolleyes:

No doubt that fan expects Ramos, who could win La Liga this weekend or Ancelotti to think "Hmmm, I need a new challenge with a club that wins things. I know, I'll apply for the Man City job. They have a tradition of winning stuff."

Citeh 'desereve' no-one in particular as they have been a joke club for years.

Fingers crossed its Hoddle or Joe Royle.

Rum do this job. The apparently highly dodgy Thaksin has had most of his assets frozen yet whilst the whiff of scandal / suspicion / fraud is strong in the air the Man City board still appear hell bent on offloading to him asap. <_<

Maybe Noel Gallagher's £10 bid will win the day after all. I guess Ranson and the other people who were interested have all decided it was a load of rubbish, and left Thaksin as the only bidder. Iwonder if their urgency to sell could be because the clubs debts could mean trouble unless a wealthy person takes over and pays them all off. Normally you'd say there could be a bargain or two if it all hit the fan, but as we're trying to sign a striker............................

To them he's still a dirty Red, I doubt he'd go.

In fact, anyone who's in a moderately comfortable job already should be loathed to go to City. A squad in a pitiful state with little to work with and until this takeover happens, there's no guarantee of any money to build anything resembling a solid side. Even if they do get someone half-decent in at the end of pre-season, by then it could well be too late.

In fact, anyone who's in a moderately comfortable job already should be loathed to go to City. A squad in a pitiful state with little to work with and until this takeover happens, there's no guarantee of any money to build anything resembling a solid side. Even if they do get someone half-decent in at the end of pre-season, by then it could well be too late.

Agree with that.

Assuming the takeover doesn't happen, the template City need to follow is Everton. It's a long-term project, there's no doubt that if they can get success they could sustain it, but getting there will be tough. They're highly unlikely to be able to attract manager from a big/successful club. Why would someone like Hughes (this applies to a lot of 'candidates') walk out on a team they've spent years building, only to have to do it again? Their best hope is a talented young manager who will be prepared to spend a while in the lower end of the league, slowly building a team to challenge at the top. It's what we did with Hughes, and it's what has happened at Everton. They had absolutely no money when Moyes took over, but he slowly built the team in the shape he wanted, and when success came it gave him the funds to add to his squad.

Without a takeover City have no quick fix, which is going to put off any established top-level manager. If Billy Davies hadn't gained promotion with Derby then he would have been a perfect candidate I feel, however as it stands it looks desperate for them...although thankfully not for us, as I don't imagine Sparky would consider the job even for a second.

I have heard Steve Cotterill is in the running, Citeh directors really high on him due to his experience running a club with fans who are delusional about the massiveness of their club and the fact that they have to go back almost half a century to talk about the good old days, which they will do at the drop of the hat. Experience with the proverbial sleeping giant and talk of the clubs History.

I have heard Steve Cotterill is in the running, Citeh directors really high on him due to his experience running a club with fans who are delusional about the massiveness of their club and the fact that they have to go back almost half a century to talk about the good old days, which they will do at the drop of the hat. Experience with the proverbial sleeping giant and talk of the clubs History.

Sort of know where you're coming from with that USAB but I'm sure the Dingles would love to be compared with Siddeh favourably or otherwise!

Like I said in another thread, he must have saved all his severance money from his sackings. Hope it's Manchester City he's after. It could be quite amusing. Whichever team he is after the 'I would be a better chairman than most' comment is probably a pre-cursor to making moves into such a role.

And the bloke who did that clip was the editor of the Sunday Sport, and is a Dingle!

Like I said in another thread, he must have saved all his severance money from his sackings. Hope it's Manchester City he's after. It could be quite amusing. Whichever team he is after the 'I would be a better chairman than most' comment is probably a pre-cursor to making moves into such a role.

And the bloke who did that clip was the editor of the Sunday Sport, and is a Dingle!

Is that Tony Livesey who works on Radio Lancs?

Quite a lot of speculation today on talksport that despite the ex Thai PM's trials and tribulations, his proposed takeover of Citeh is still very much on.

And Sven is his preferred choice of manager!

Don't know whether to :o or :lol:

I suspect the latter.

Archived