BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Want Sven

Sven to take Man City job next week - according to BBC sport

Although it is virtually certain that he will be unveiled at Eastlands next week, when he will become the highest paid manager in the club's history, two other respected bosses, Blackburn's Mark Hughes and Sevilla's Juande Ramos, remain on the shortlist should there be any 11th hour hitches.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look at it this way:

We - pending injuries are a top 6/7 team imo. Assuming that Dunne and Richards would get in a combined side - that leaves 9 rovers standard players to get before getting a top 6/7 team. To me this would cost the following: (assuming that these players would be selected)

Friedel £1m, Nelsen £3m, Warnock £2.5m, Reid £3.5m, Savage £1m, Bentley £6m, Pedersen £6m, Benni £8m and Roberts £3m.

To get a team comparable with us that makes £30 million - and thats excluding the fact that it's a squad game these days. That's a heck of a transfer budget just to get City challenging in the top half of the table, let alone give them any sort of advantage. I realise it's not quite as simplistic and you can get players to perform better/worse but as a rough guide it shows how much work is needed to be done on City.

I agree entirely with your ideas Blueblood, just disagree with your valuation of some of our players. And even on your values that lot comes to £34m. I would say Warnock £5m, Bentley £12m, Pederson £12m+, Benni £15m and the rest as you said. About another £27m on top of your valuation.

Also you have only valued 9 of our entire !st team squad, so as I get my same 9 players to about £61m there is also the little matter of what are the rest of them worth?

Valid points all of them. Nothing he has done there that the Labour government hasn't. One man's tyrant is another man's glorious leader...

Too bad they can't handle the war on drugs here in America in a similar fashion.

Would Hughes really burn all his bridges to being ManUre supremo .... for what .... to manage a club that will always be second best in Manchester?

I'll second that.

In real terms, if he was shaky in charge of City for any given time then surely it wouldn't be long before some supporters were on his back due to his Red connection and who wants that?

Nowhere is there any indication that City have drawn up that shortlist from applicants. Wish list is more like it and we all know what you do when you make a wish list. You put down everything you'd like, if money, availability etc were no object. Then you look at reality. You always have to wish for more than you can ever hope to get, and i think tha's the case with City's board. Didn't a source come out last week and say Mark is looking forward and is excited about the next season here at Rovers. The title of this thread says a lot City want Hughes - whether he wants them is a whole different matter. He thought keeping Rovers in the Prem tht first season was a really hard task. Why would he want to start again just when things seem to be taking off at Ewood?

Lets take a bit of a reality check where Man City are concerned.

Firstly, if Frank wants to throw 50m at the club does anyone rally see City becoming a major force overnight? Even with SGE at the helm, it would take more than that to make them a top 4 challenger.

2 strikers, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and a goalkeeper is what they are looking at just to make the numbers up and to stop them becoming embroiled in an early season relegation battle.

For me City will still struggle.

I have many close friends who follow them and they are not exactly thrilled with this takeover, even less so when they find what is left of their team coming back to training next Monday week with still no manager at the helm.

Anyone who witnessed Rovers demolish City in the three games we played this season saw a broken club. 50m will not mend that broken back. Sven is not the type of manager that will shop in Tesco's he will be straight at Harrods looking at multi million pound superstars. It will take some serious bedding in and by that time City will find themselves adrift.

I can really see Owen and Svens other Englands favourites making their way to the COMS to play for what is the ultimate in YOYO clubs.

City are a laughing stock and for me Mark Hughes being linked is so funny it hurts the ribs. Why o why would he leave a well placed, well organised club with facilities that are second to none to head down to oblivion and the ficklety that is MCFC ?

:rolleyes:

Man-C...Their owner is Thaksin.

I feel so insecure. However, I am not surprised no matter what it happens.

'cause, "Their owner is Thaksin." !!!

Even if Thaksin uses what kind of means/gaud, I am not surprised.

Thaksin &Eriksson... It looks like perfect"evil empire of football"... absolutely It's only in my image. but really scary.

I really suprised that Man-C fans accepts Thaksin.

Yes, he's a very succeeds police officer/businessman (and former Thailand Prime Minister) ...

Why Man-C fans don' t care of the reason of which he is defecting in fact...

So strange for me.

add:

I heard most of his property was transferred by the wife and the family. (money skimming).

And, He is extremely questionable in view of humanitarian concerns, right? (2003 "Anti-drag" case ,Howmany people killed? ..google it or check at Wiki or something.)

The Thai government will investigate the funds that Thaksin is using to finance Man City. As a former PM, he was obligated to declare any overseas assets, something he didn't do. The Thai government will investigate those funds after the deal has gone through, via the asset examination commission.

Thaksin and Eriksson in charge eh? What a dodgy duo they are.

Investigating the source of foreign funds after the deal has gone through? That is going to give the FA fit and proper review a nice little catch 22.

I guess they will need rather more proof than normal that the stash being used to buy Citeh is clean or else they are going to face a big embarassment if the Thais look at the cash as it comes into public view and say "we believe that came from dodgy deal x- we would like it frozen because here is our evidence it is money laundered/ bribery proceeds/ misappropriated government funds/ product of sale under duress/ whatever."

The public presentation that all is well with the Citeh dosh is under way.

If SGE turns Citeh down, Gordon Strachan is now the reserve target.

sorry It's off topic...

Clean or Dirty....without mentioning the problem of money...

simple question, why Man-C fan don't care of their new owner?

they don't watch World news on TV? don't read news paper? No muslim in Man-C fan? or they has blinders on new orner's problem for huge money?

.... If I'm a Man-C fan, I completely refuses the owner who has the problem in view of humanitarian concerns....

sorry It's off topic...

Clean or Dirty....without mentioning the problem of money...

simple question, why Man-C fan don't care of their new owner?

they don't watch World news on TV? don't read news paper? No muslim in Man-C fan? or they has blinders on new orner's problem for huge money?

.... If I'm a Man-C fan, I completely refuses the owner who has the problem in view of humanitarian concerns....

Knowing the brightness of some Mancunians, they probably think Thailand is a bit like Chinatown and the curry mile in Rushohlme.

What I really don't understand is why a new owner of a Premiership club looking for a popular, high profile manager would go for Eriksson! The guy has to be the most unpopular man in the English football right now. He will cost an absolute fortune in wages, has had a somewhat coloured personal life shown to all in the tabloids, and he has just been hugely unsuccessful as England boss.

What I really don't understand is why a new owner of a Premiership club looking for a popular, high profile manager would go for Eriksson! The guy has to be the most unpopular man in the English football right now. He will cost an absolute fortune in wages, has had a somewhat coloured personal life shown to all in the tabloids, and he has just been hugely unsuccessful as England boss.

Yes but his record at club level, as we keep being told, is very impressive. Nobody seems to remember that it wasn't the premiership so nobody has any idea how he'll perform in our league. Some successful club managers have come here from Europe and failed.

because he has won trophies in every league since about 1982

Yeah right roversmum. Like he doesn't have an agent and a mobile phone! :rolleyes:

Ah, but there are surely some subjects that he has banned whilst on holiday - like an agent wanting him to consider Man Sh....- sorry, City as a forward career move... :unsure:;)

According to the Sunday Express Mark Hughes along with Ramos and Ranieri have each turned City down, though i must point out the Express also says that Andrew Murray will be fit for Wimbledon when hes declared himself unfit.

He was never going to leave Rovers for that shower anyway. If it was the other Mancunian pile come knocking on his door, then no doubt he would have given it some serious consideration, but like the rest of us I am sure Hughesy can see that City are still a club with a lot of problems on and off the field, so only a masochist of the highest order would take on the job... step forward Mr SGE..

Glad to know we will still have one of the brightest and most shrewd talents in the premier league working for us come August :rover:

Archived