BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Want Sven

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know you lot are total depressives but what has been unrealistically rosy about my postings about Rovers?

Your fawning attitude toward JW and the board in general for a start ....

Your constant wildly over estimations of our players' worth for another . I won't go down the Barry Ferguson road ......

Your fawning attitude toward JW and the board in general for a start ....

Hey.....I noticed that too! <_<

Totally uncalled for that IMO - Philipl's analysis on football + business related matters is highly valued, and he's hardly alone if an admiration for JW and the board comes through in what he posts.

And looking on the bright side isn't one of the seven deadly sins. Those of us who have a half full glass are entitled to keep smiling whilst you half empty people wonder where the next refill is coming from.

Totally uncalled for that IMO

Maybe if he'd been plotting and jerking chains behind the scenes to get you banned over a throwaway remark about Williams, which he and one other obviously misinterpreted you'd view him in a different light Tris.

But enough of all that childish nonsense .... I've got a nice full glass of port to enjoy before turning in. :tu:

Maybe if he'd been plotting and jerking chains behind the scenes to get you banned over a throwaway remark about Williams, which he and one other obviously misinterpreted you'd view him in a different light Tris.

But enough of all that childish nonsense .... I've got a nice full glass of port to enjoy before turning in. :tu:

fantasist

Erikson has got a lot of bad press but I think he is going to do well at City. Infact it seems to be a vintage year in terms of good managers being appointed within the premiership. Sunderland, Newcastle, West Ham, Aston Villa, Fulham and Man City have all appointed people in the last 12 months or so who can take them forward. Whilst it will be the same top four next season outside those clubs it is looking extraordnarily tight, especially when you consider Everton, Spurs and Portsmouth all seem to have very good setups.

We are looking at an ultra competive race to be in the top half, let alone in the UEFA cup spots.

I think Sven will do a very good job at City. With England he had to work with what he was given, at City with a bit of cash he will build his own team.

With England he allowed the press to pick his squad and team.

Found this quote regarding Sven on the BBC website - from Robert Laul from Sportbladet

"...his profile has fallen a little bit in the last few years with the side stories outside of football - the womanising and everything.

"And now by joining Manchester City it has fallen a bit more.

:lol:

Heard the other night from a very good source that Sven was City's second choice and that they had originally offered Sparky a King's ransom to manage under the new regime but that he'd turned them down! Now only a fool would think that his newly decorated office actually swung his decision to stay so I guess he already has a new role in his sights as we speak. :( Sorry but at the moment I have absolutely no inkling what or where that might be.

At Ewood managing the UEFA Cup winners?

Of course City were throwing the cash but just like a young opera singer I know, Hughes is turning down seemingly glitzy and remunerative offers which in reality would be bad for his career.

Look at City- a graveyard for Managers whether they have had money or not

- huge risk round Thaksim no matter what anyone tries to say

- their track record in the transfer market is abysmal whether they have had money to spend (most seasons) or not

- no supportive structure worthy of the name

- no core of an existing football team

- the only + is a bunch of highly talented gabby youngsters at the Academy

Serious risk of relegation at City no matter how good the manager is.

In career terms, if he guides them to 9th say, it would be an enormous achievement given the steamy pile that is City today but the perception of City as a "big club" would mean that would go unnoticed.

Far better if he believes in what he is building at Rovers from top to bottom to see the project through. The risk factor for Sparky getting fired at Ewood is close to zero now. I think I am right in saying that Sven's odds of getting fired at Citeh are shorter than Sparky's at Ewood.

Heard the other night from a very good source that Sven was City's second choice and that they had originally offered Sparky a King's ransom to manage under the new regime but that he'd turned them down! Now only a fool would think that his newly decorated office actually swung his decision to stay so I guess he already has a new role in his sights as we speak. :( Sorry but at the moment I have absolutely no inkling what or where that might be.

Maybe he just likes working at Ewood? If he believes in his ability, which I am sure he does, he knows that opportunities at the big four will come in time.

Whilst I appreciate your money orientated outlook, it is a central part of life, many many people will have targets and desires beyond those purely materialistic boundaries.

You make it sound as if he's earning nothing here.

Well its all relative. He is earning loads but City could probably offer him double. If he wants to stay then fair play,money is important butinterms of quality of life for him having a team he knows and has developed and the respect of thefans and he board would mean a lot.

Archived