BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Want Sven

Todays MEN have a list of City targets, including two of our players.

McCarthy at £9M and Bentley at £6M.

Among others on the list is Bellamy at £6M.

This is from my paper copy, I'm sure Den will come up with a link.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link.

Do the papers seriously think we are going to roll over and let our best players leave to teams for these low prices. Not only that these are teams that we regularly finish ahead of. Why would Bentley choose to move to man citeh? Give the guy credit, he has taste! :rover:

Obviously living in the real world, they want Owen as well!

Means nowt! It's you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. The MEN will be under a comfy getlemans agreement (like BRFC/Burnley and the LET) to promote the sale of ST's in return for early notification of any stories / club statements throughout the year. Thaksin is hardly the choice of preference for those Mancs I would have thought is he? City ST holders are disappearing in droves and statements like this just come under the heading of 'advertising'.

Anyway Aggy think on it a bit..... I know Bellamy, Bent and Benni are attractive players who will sooner or later come into consideration for a predatory club but how on earth can City name targets when they hadnt even got a manager when the story was written? :lol:

I was at Ian Woolridge's memorial service yesterday with every sports writer on the planet including some people who'd been out with Sven the night before.

They promise that Bentley hasn't been discussed so far and McCarthy would only come into it if they can't buy Owen. Big Sam wants to sell Owen so that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway Aggy think on it a bit..... I know Bellamy, Bent and Benni are attractive players who will sooner or later come into consideration for a predatory club but how on earth can City name targets when they havent even got a manager? :lol:

I'm only passing on what's in the rag.

They are Erikssons targets for City apparently.

None of those valuations appear in the report!!!! :huh:

None of those valuations appear in the report!!!! :huh:

City are a big club with a large, loyal and vociferous following. Despite that and the impending investment they are not a big enough club to simply take our manager and top players just because they want to.

I do hope City aren't going to become a Northern Spurs.

Do you mean spend loads of money and win nothing, whilst the fans blab on about how big their club is?

Sort of. I dont mind the not winning bit but their ideas beyond their station and believing any decent player at clubs like ours are automatically their's p1sses me right off.

I dont want a club like that 20 miles down the road. Would be intolerable.

Are you ready for a laugh

Full list of Erikssons targets from the actual newspaper:-

Shaun Wright-Phillips - £11M

Anelka - £9M

Reo-Coker - £7M

McCarthy - £9M

Bellamy - £6M

Ljungberg - £1M

Michael Owen - £12M

Alan Smith - £6M

David Bentley - £6M

Cisse - £5M

Yeah, that p_sses me off as well Mike, especially the way the media go down on Spurs, making up stories about every decent player we have is going to sign for them as they have had enough of whippets and working down t'pit.

As it is Man City, I expect Thaksin to be in prison in Thailand for fraud etc, the takeover to collapse, but Sven to have actually signed up, be on £3m per year and have a transfer budget of £200,000.

Do you mean spend loads of money and win nothing, whilst the fans blab on about how big their club is?

City fans have been doing that for years already! And of course blaming Peter Swales and Franny Lee.

Are you ready for a laugh

Full list of Erikssons targets from the actual newspaper:-

Shaun Wright-Phillips - £11M

Anelka - £9M

Reo-Coker - £7M

McCarthy - £9M

Bellamy - £6M

Ljungberg - £1M

Michael Owen - £12M

Alan Smith - £6M

David Bentley - £6M

Cisse - £5M

That's only £69m. What's that to FRANK? Might be another £ 40 to 50 million a year for wages on top as well, but who cares? It's only money! Some silly prat or other will cough up for it. Won't be the hoy poloy workers though. Who needs them; their day is done. Let them go and watch Rochdale or Macclesfield if they want affordable football. :ph34r:

I just got back in from a trip away, does nobody else read The Grauniad? In todays paper ( Wed)- The article is headlined " Eriksson says yes to City and starts planning transfer raids ", but the sting is in the tail, " However City issued a statement last night reiterating that they were still talking to other "managerial candidates ", aware that there is a possibility that Eriksson may change his mind. Mark Hughes, the Blackburn Rovers and former Wales manager, is the fall-back option and his current employers at Ewood Park will be dismayed to learn that their manager is reportedly keen on the job "

THe Guardian has been on this story from the day that Peace left City and they don't do sensationalism, although they do get things wrong from time to time,

Still unconcerned ?

THe Guardian has been on this story from the day that Peace left City and they don't do sensationalism, although they do get things wrong from time to time,

Still unconcerned ?

Totally unconcerned. The Guardian = same stable as the MEN (used to be the Manchester Guardian - remember??)

As prone to stirring things up as the rest of the gutter press.

I just got back in from a trip away, does nobody else read The Grauniad? In todays paper ( Wed)- The article is headlined " Eriksson says yes to City and starts planning transfer raids ", but the sting is in the tail, " However City issued a statement last night reiterating that they were still talking to other "managerial candidates ", aware that there is a possibility that Eriksson may change his mind. Mark Hughes, the Blackburn Rovers and former Wales manager, is the fall-back option and his current employers at Ewood Park will be dismayed to learn that their manager is reportedly keen on the job "

Still unconcerned ?

Any quotes?

Sort of. I dont mind the not winning bit but their ideas beyond their station and believing any decent player at clubs like ours are automatically their's p1sses me right off.

I dont want a club like that 20 miles down the road. Would be intolerable.

Take out the spending bit and we've got one, 11 miles the other way

Archived