BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Want Sven

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last minute hitch in the Eriksson deal, leaving the way open to Hughes - "who would relish the opportunity of switching to a club with greater potential", according to the MEN?

MEN.

Greater Potential??? Ha ha thats funny! Is that paper biased by any chance?

Greater Potential??? Ha ha thats funny! Is that paper biased by any chance?

Today's Guardian .."failing to entice Eriksson would represent a serious blow for Thaksin...even though the club have been informed that the Blackburn Rovers manager , Mark Hughes, would subsequently accept a position that has now been vacant for 43 days"

Today's Guardian .."failing to entice Eriksson would represent a serious blow for Thaksin...even though the club have been informed that the Blackburn Rovers manager , Mark Hughes, would subsequently accept a position that has now been vacant for 43 days"

This story has been going around a bit too long for my liking, it makes me wonder just how long Mark Hughes is going to be at Ewood for ?

Hughes will be around until he gets a chance to do something at the next level. A job somewhere like City or Villa with a large fanbase and a new billionaire owner could fit into that category if he's sold the idea of building a legacy. All he can really do with us is repeat the last couple of seasons.

Thankfully the big four and the rest seem to be sorted for now.

According to all the city websites the deal is all but agreed that sven cashmad ericcson ahs now agreed to the job putting to bed all the rumours that MH is on the way out of Ewood to barren lands coms !

One rumour put out to dry.

All we need now is the now non existant rumours about MGP and Benni Mac to resurface just as the players gt ready to return to Brockhall for pre season.

Ok it has been just paper talk, but maybe there has been some truth in the Hughes to City stories. Hence why it has been so very, very quiet regarding BRFC and transfers. The takeover could be a factor as well but no takeover has ever been imminent, which is when transfer activity would usually stop.

Keith Harris said they (Man City) have been in talks with alternative targets to Sven and it seems almost 100% that Hughes was one of these. Harris also sounded confident that talks were progressive with these other managers, should Sven decide not to join.

Would not surprise me if Hughes decided to move on at this stage because at the moment we seem (or appear) to be in a bit of a mess, have little money to spend and all talk is that our key players could leave this summer.

Keith Harris said they (Man City) have been in talks with alternative targets to Sven and it seems almost 100% that Hughes was one of these.

Nah that can't be right roversmum says Sparky's on his holidays.

He's allegedly on holiday so he's probably oblivious of the whole thing.

btw anybody ever thought that Sparky and / or his agent might be using this supposed interest to negotiate a better deal here? :huh: New owners coming in will simply notallow BRFC to lose his services for at least 12 months. Like John Williams, Sparky and his staff will be being viewed as 'key personel' to be retained for the takeover bedding in period at virtually any cost. Nice position for Sparky to be in imo.

Assuming it all goes through, the introduction of Sven into the Premiership certainly adds spice to the forthcoming Premiership season.

And we'll finally have the answer to the 64m dollar question:

Is he the astute tactician with an excellent club record who sails through International qualifers and produces respectable results at tournaments?

Or an overpaid fraud who can't motivate his charges and failed dismally with the best set of English players for 35 years?

My money's firmly on the latter but we'll soon find out.

Or an overpaid fraud who can't motivate his charges and failed dismally with the best set of English players for 35 years?

If ever I wanted someone to fail , it's Sven - he didn't even keep his own agent informed of this latest move . The greed of the man is staggering .

It just leaves me with the feeling that Mark Hughes has used the City situation to make it clear to other interested parties that his time at Rovers is coming to an end, anybody else share my reservations ?

What - you mean he should have cancelled his holidays and instead issue denials all day long ? He can't be blamed for staying silent surely .

Ok it has been just paper talk, but maybe there has been some truth in the Hughes to City stories.

Keith Harris said they (Man City) have been in talks with alternative targets to Sven and it seems almost 100% that Hughes was one of these. Harris also sounded confident that talks were progressive with these other managers, should Sven decide not to join.

Would not surprise me if Hughes decided to move on at this stage because at the moment we seem (or appear) to be in a bit of a mess, have little money to spend and all talk is that our key players could leave this summer.

It just leaves me with the feeling that Mark Hughes has used the City situation to make it clear to other interested parties that his time at Rovers is coming to an end, anybody else share my reservations ?

I just cant believe where these two posts have come from !

Just where is written down that Rovers have given anyone permission to talk to Mark Hughes ?

Just where is written down that Mark Hughes and his staff are ready to move on a year after signing new contracts ?

Just where is it evidenced that Rovers are in a mess ?

Just where is said that Rover have no money to spend ?

Just where it is ever suggested that Hughes love affair with BRFC is over and where is there any quote from Hughes to quantify such utter dribble ?

Blackburn Rovers are a club that is well run, balanced and progressive. On the other hand, a club that is in a real muddle is that in coms ! City are so under managed and badly represented that it is NOT an attractive option for someone like Mark hughes who, as it rightly seems, will go onto manage Man U or even a bigger club.

I struggle to see what attraction City could give Mark Hughes over Blackburn. Granted they get 42000 per home game but thats all thats bigger than Rovers. They aren't a sleeping giant as some seem to think, the club is as dead as the dodo and thats been extinct for thousands of years.

SGE and his Thailandese chairman/owner will not wave a magic wand overnight. City needs a massive and progressive overhaul, the club needs dragging by its feet and it needs to shake the shackles of previous regimes just to have any semblence of success.

This just isnt my view, its the view of over 7000 season ticket holders that will NOT be going back to coms next season as they feel the backlash of pearce's regime.

City offer nowhere near as much as Rovers. Rovers offer European ambitions all city have to offer is a money mad despot with a reputation for playing hard when the going gets tough. the problem that FRANK has is that our laws, when used properly, are not open to manipulation like his was when he was Prime Minister in his home country.

It will be interesting to see just who was on the supposed list of fellow interviewees and to their reactions now it has been announced that SGE is taking the job ONCE Frank gets his 75%. It really would be a pi$$er for us all to see SGE decline the job should anything happen to stop the proposed takeover next week.

Remember Politicians are the scum of the scum, lower than the dingles of burnley and the worst of the worst. I am certain there is more to come out of franks previous history.

Spot on 1864

There was a pretty categorical denial of interest in Man City by Hughes in the Lancashire Telegraph a couple of weeks ago.

That was all that was need to be said.

Sparky was NEVER going to Citeh- end of

Spot on 1864

There was a pretty categorical denial of interest in Man City by Hughes in the Lancashire Telegraph a couple of weeks ago.

That was all that was need to be said.

Sparky was NEVER going to Citeh- end of

I don't believe there was a denial from Hughes. Just a story from "an insider".

Archived