BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F K Vetra 0 Blackburn Rovers 2

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erm, please could someone clear this up. Are we in the qualifying round if we win this then? I thought we had to win the cup to get in?

I don't think there is a "cup" as such. If we win this tie we go into the qualifying round, win that and we are in the UEFA proper.

Erm, please could someone clear this up. Are we in the qualifying round if we win this then? I thought we had to win the cup to get in?

we're through to the 2nd qualifying round of UEFA, which is one step away from the main competition.

I don't think there is a "cup" as such. If we win this tie we go into the qualifying round, win that and we are in the UEFA proper.

But there is because Newcastle won it last year. Really happy though that its only this game we have to win (well. the second leg to go but you know what I mean)

This is the "final", or to be precise one of several, of the Intertoto Cup. Beating Vetra over these two legs gets us into the UEFA Cup second qualifying round. After that is the first round proper (The stage in which we played Salzburg last year), and then after that the group stage.

But there is because Newcastle won it last year. Really happy though that its only this game we have to win (well. the second leg to go but you know what I mean)

The "winner" is the Intertoto qualifier that progress the furthest in the UEFA Cup. I don't see much point to having a winner of the Intertoto other than, well, a cup without a winner seems rather silly.

I thought they just won their ties (like we are currently doing) to progress to the UEFA. Ah, as said above, that's how you "Win". Great system!

And it's not the only game, we have to win the UEFA qualifying game too.

nelsen looked steadier than samba IMO...samba always pulls off a few brilliant tackles....but i think he will at some point make a big boo boo for us one of these days.......he still class tho.......lol......anyways........savage was good....j rob looked good n strong....mccarthy took his goal well.....brad was ever as reliable....reckon we should be good for another season in the UEFA Cup proper...depending on who meet after this lot... :rover:

After mant years watching BRFC I've learnt it's best not to count your chickens before they hatch.

i know i know......i was at ewood for the trelleborgs game...........but i feel optimistic that we'll get into the eufa cup proper..... :tu:

Samba had a really good game. Dissapointed with Ooijer, he didn'nt look confident at all, he wouldn't push up to help out Bentley and he nearly gifted Vetra a goal.

Come on Roar, when did confidence re: Ooijer, replace not good enough, it seems to be common football talk(confidence) to kid the unknowing forever paying football fan :rolleyes: ! :rolleyes:

Did what we had to do. Looked pretty much like a pre-season game without the subs and we shouldn't have any problems defending a 2 goal lead. They were a decent side and I think that will serve as a good warm-up for the season.

Come on Roar, when did confidence re: Ooijer, replace not good enough, it seems to be common football talk(confidence) to kid the unknowing forever paying football fan :rolleyes: ! :rolleyes:

I thought confidence replaced not good enough when it was someone coming back from injury, who was playing rather well before the injury. Ooijer had a poor start to his Rovers career but he did improve, and started to look like the real deal. However, since his injury he is looking like the player that first came to Rovers. With games, fitness and yes, confidence then I think he will do well again.

Archived