BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F K Vetra 0 Blackburn Rovers 2

Absolutely correct. Thank heavens for some common sense at last.

Already the usual knives are out further up the thread for the likes of McCarthy and Ooijer.

A team which has only played training games against Wrexham and Bielefeld, and which included two players who had broken legs not 6 months ago, has bagged a 2 zip away win in Europe against a team half way through a competitive season who had threatened to dump Legia Warsaw out even before the UEFA ban.

It's effectively a pre-season warm up ffs!!! Albeit one with a bonus prize at the end! Why on earth people are heralding doom and gloom in the Premiership "if we play like that" I just don't know. The PL doesn't even start for another 20 days!

I sometimes wonder what some people who post on here are looking for. Why not just enjoy the summer, watch some cricket, mow some lawns, have a bbq and pretend nothing's happening in blue and white circles - Rovers don't really play at all until 11th August.

Calm down Tris, you must remember some posters have never seen an actual live game. Their contributions are based on an education by tv pundits, whose only contribution is to be contravertial.

Whilst there are genuine supporters, who for no fault of their own, due to location and finance have never attended a Rovers game, there are some however whose greatest achievement is to find a free internet site streaming of the game. Heck they cant even be bothered to pay a subscription fee.

These are the same people who complain about the lack of transfer activety and suggest that Rovers should be spending millions on x,y and z.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did you all see ricky after the 2nd goal.

I take it that Ricky was one of the guys behind the wire fence that was jumping up and down. If so, for those that know Ricky I take it that he isnt a big spender? The commentary said that it was only £5 to get in and it looks like those blokes chose to keep their fiver and watch behind a fence :lol:

I thought match "expert" Sherwood was actually quite supportive of us, towards the end he supported The Admiral after a challenge!

He did, he mused how much of an offer it would take to pry him away from us as I recall

And he supported Bentley's decision to snub the U21s. I don't particularly like Sherwood, but can't find much wrong with his contributions tonight.

He wound me up no end!

But do you agree when he said Derbyshires goal was 'lucky'?, I didn't. I think it was a good strike, the placement was superb, keeper just couldn't get enough on it.

There was certainly a huge amount of luck in it. It was still a good strike, but without the bobble that it took before it got to the goalkeeper it would have been quite an easy save.

I sometimes wonder what some people who post on here are looking for. Why not just enjoy the summer, watch some cricket, mow some lawns, have a bbq

carlsberg dont do stupid statements but if they did tris has a job hahaha...............summer???mowing???bbq?????

its pished it down for 8 weeks :tu::lol::rolleyes:

I take it that Ricky was one of the guys behind the wire fence that was jumping up and down. If so, for those that know Ricky I take it that he isnt a big spender? The commentary said that it was only £5 to get in and it looks like those blokes chose to keep their fiver and watch behind a fence :lol:

That probably means that my ugly mug will be on there as well, as will Jordans. JPW and Stubs were also on.

Rovers don't really play at all until 11th August.

Er.... no Tris :wstu: , this was no friendly, they are actually really playing now to get into the UEFA Cup - don't play and get beat and we are out, although I think I know what you mean :D (just being pedantic)

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jul 23 2007, 10:55 ) 529971[/snapback]
That probably means that my ugly mug will be on there as well, as will Jordans. JPW and Stubs were also on.

I know what Jordon looks like and I didnt see him when the goal went in. There were about three lads jumping up and down - it didnt even look like a stand

i was behind nets with a lad with a bald head when derbs scored?

anyawy im knackered after the love bus, it was like being in a zoo :rolleyes:

But do you agree when he said Derbyshires goal was 'lucky'?, I didn't. I think it was a good strike, the placement was superb, keeper just couldn't get enough on it.

Clearly the wind up idiot of the MB is being allowed to stray from ICBINF to the football area, which is not a good thing.

If Roar is an idiot for thinking that about the goal then count me in the idiot club because I thought exactly the same thing

did you all see ricky after the 2nd goal.

Yep, spotted him twice i think. Only person i did see though.

I thought we grew into the game very well, after a poor start that has to be expected with so little football under our belts.

Good pics jordan and nice zoomage on the girls next to the corner flag :D

Is it confirmed its on setanta? They are showing 2 other games on Saturday afternoon (hearts and spuds games) and they only have 2 channels - unless they are going to show it on the golf or US channels. Guess we may be back to the favourite eurosport.........

Hmm, you could be right. I thought it was confirmed for both games but appears not. Still, I'm going so not too bothered.

If Roar is an idiot for thinking that about the goal then count me in the idiot club because I thought exactly the same thing

In the context of the rest of ROTRs post and clear wind up mission being perpetrated by the same poster over on ICBINF.

I shall be signing aurographs shortly.

I was behind the goal as me, jpw, steb and stubsy had wandered down to get a seat on the bus for our mamoth journey to Warsaw.

Just got back home from Durham, a 250 mile drive after about 2 hours sleep is not recommended at all.

To knackered to post anything now, going to try to get a bit of sleep before going back to work tomorrow. The love bus was an effort, 11 hours on the way down and about 7 on the way back.

the intertoto is all about qualification. we played on a pitch that was a cross between - a farmers field and a schoolyard (high bounce). we came through the game without any injuries, and we're practically through. cant really ask for much more.

on ooijer, i've been one of his biggest critics, but to slate him for yesterday's performance is extremely harsh.

he doesnt fill me with confidence at RB, i fear he could get roasted by the premierships speed merchants, but the time to judge him is 5-10 games into the the season, and not before.

I shall be signing aurographs shortly.

nevermind that, ricky. my plasma's got 'screen-burn', with your mug on it! we shall have to discuss compensation.

Does anyone know whether Benni playing on Sunday means that he is now cup tied for the rest of the season? I'm not sure if the Intertoto counts for this.

I thought it was a very confortable win against a poor team and a good workout for the season. I didn't realise until after the game that Llanelli had put 5 past that lot the other week so they aren't that good really.

As for the new kit.................oh my god!

In the context of the rest of ROTRs post and clear wind up mission being perpetrated by the same poster over on ICBINF.

My post on ICBINF has nothing to do with what i post on here, Tim gave his opinion on the goal and i gave mine, thats what Messageboards are for FFS, i still don't think it was lucky.

Just got back home from Durham, a 250 mile drive after about 2 hours sleep is not recommended at all.

Neither is going to work straight after.

Did anybody else spot Steve McClaren @ Durham Airport - he was getting on a BMI plane to London.

Archived