[Archived] Santa Cruz

Best striker since Shearer?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Is he the best since Shearer?

• Yes.
    • No
    • Grooby is better than santa.
    • Yes, but he'll be gone by the end of the season
    • Yes, but he'll still be around for a few years yet.
    • No, he's nowhere near to the mighty Shearer

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two from the early 1960's- Fred Pickering got 2 against Arsenal ( 3-11-62 ) and 3 against West Brom the following game ( 10-11-62 ), he also scored 1 in the next game as well.

The following season Pickering did it again, 2 v Villa (21-12-63 ) and then 3 versus West Ham ( 26-12-63 ).

In 64/65 Andy McEvoy got 3 versus Sheff Utd ( 17-10-64 ) and 2 next time out against Everton ( 24-10-64 ).

This is the partnership that in less than two seasons scored 96 goals between them including 10 hat tricks ! We'll never see their like again, for me the best front two we have ever had, if we could have hung on to Pickering who knows what we could have done. If only Jack Walker had have got richer sooner !

if anyone can catch Barclays Premier League World on Sky Sports then you'll get to see a Santa interview whilst he's cooking :wacko:

Excuse me but what do you mean by that? :blink: There really is an interview where he's doing that? Is it on the net?

and he scored the near perfect hat-trick against Wigan.

Right foot

Right foot

Header

:D

if anyone can catch Barclays Premier League World on Sky Sports then you'll get to see a Santa interview whilst he's cooking :wacko:

Caught that this morning, he's class really. Kind of awkward watching him eat at the end of the segment though.

Does that really matter???

I don't know. You tell me. Ronaldo has only ever won the award twice in his career. Both times last season. This season, out of the four awards thusfar, two have gone to teams outside the Top 4 (Agbonlahor and Richards).

Roque has had a fantastic month and has to be one of the favourites this time, but the same can be said of Ronaldo too.

Let's not forget that in a month when Ferguson steered Utd to a record for consecutively scoring four goals in a game, Sparky won Manager of the Month. It's hardly Stalin handing out the awards.

Santa looked tired 2nd half against City, if we can get him through the Derby and Sunderland games we can rest him against Coventry.

Santa Cruz for me is carrying the whole bloody Rovers team at this moment in time, definitely agree about giving him a rest soon along with Bentley and then well see just how strong Hughes Rovers squad is.

Archived