[Archived] Santa Cruz

Best striker since Shearer?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Is he the best since Shearer?

• Yes.
    • No
    • Grooby is better than santa.
    • Yes, but he'll be gone by the end of the season
    • Yes, but he'll still be around for a few years yet.
    • No, he's nowhere near to the mighty Shearer

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else getting the feeling this is why no other team really went for him, Could take a year to cure completely, this injury doesn't just go away, he'll be playing through pain for a while, owen style surgery please

He will be fit for reading.

Reading between the lines: Roque's been carrying a bit of a knock for a while and the international break is an opportunity to do something about it while minimising the damage to the club.

Most definitely! Rovers and to be honest most PL clubs are very clever at doing this.

There doesn't seem to have been any timescale confirmed as the 6 weeks seems to come from roque saying if he had continued then he would be out for 1-3 months. "Reports have suggested that the 26-year-old hitman could be out for up to six weeks but they appear to be unfounded"

With Rovers getting this out of the way now, i would have thought he would be hoping to play a lot earlier than that.

Filling the car up this morning at my local garage and RSC pulls up alongside. Watching him play from up in the JW I wondered why centre halves struggle so much with him. Now I am able to reveal that it is cos he is effin huge! Now I am no midget but he towered above me. He is far taller and much stronger built than he appears on the pitch thats for sure. I guess the deception is cos his 'proportion' is right.

Oh and Jan..... I'm no expert in these matters but imho he makes Andy Todd look like Quasimodo. ;)

Filling the car up this morning at my local garage and RSC pulls up alongside. Watching him play from up in the JW I wondered why centre halves struggle so much with him. Now I am able to reveal that it is cos he is effin huge! Now I am no midget but he towered above me. He is far taller and much stronger built than he appears on the pitch thats for sure. I guess the deception is cos his 'proportion' is right.

Oh and Jan..... I'm no expert in these matters but imho he makes Andy Todd look like Quasimodo. ;)

Maybe Jan likes big, strong, ugly men. :lol:

I'll buy you a poster of him for Christmas to put on your bedroom wall Gordo. !!

:wub:

Killer Keeley had the same effect. Didn't look THAT tall on the pitch but seemed about seven foot two if you stood next to him in real life!.

Conversely didn't think Braveheart Colin Hendry looked as big stood next to him as he appeared on the pitch.

Oh and Jan..... I'm no expert in these matters but imho he makes Andy Todd look like Quasimodo

Funnily enough, I was talking to Cruz yesterday and he said he had seen a short-arsed ginger-haired chap at the garage and he remarked that he had never seen anyone quite so ugly.

Touch harsh but I know what he meant.

Killer Keeley had the same effect. Didn't look THAT tall on the pitch but seemed about seven foot two if you stood next to him in real life!.

Conversely didn't think Braveheart Colin Hendry looked as big stood next to him as he appeared on the pitch.

I actually feel qualified to comment on this as I've played football with the pair of them. Granted it was on the same team as Hendry and against Keeley. Keeley did knock me about 6 foot up in the air in one of our 50/50's, he played the whole match without any shin pads either... mad!!!!

I know what you mean about Hendry, first thing I said was that I thought he would have been taller.... obviously not to him!!

I actually feel qualified to comment on this as I've played football with the pair of them. Granted it was on the same team as Hendry and against Keeley. Keeley did knock me about 6 foot up in the air in one of our 50/50's, he played the whole match without any shin pads either... mad!!!!

I know what you mean about Hendry, first thing I said was that I thought he would have been taller.... obviously not to him!!

I played against Big Col too and he is nowhere near the physique or height of RSC. As for Keeley he's a bit deceiving......every time that I've been stood with him he was leaning on the bar!

Funnily enough, I was talking to Cruz yesterday and he said he had seen a short-arsed ginger-haired chap at the garage and he remarked that he had never seen anyone quite so ugly.

Touch harsh but I know what he meant.

OOOh 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' eh Doris? :rolleyes:

I can understand your ire a little. Maybe I have been a little harsh on you in the past picking out all the mistakes and errors in your posts ....... but on the other hand at least I don't reek of p1ss.

Archived