[Archived] Santa Cruz

Best striker since Shearer?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Is he the best since Shearer?

• Yes.
    • No
    • Grooby is better than santa.
    • Yes, but he'll be gone by the end of the season
    • Yes, but he'll still be around for a few years yet.
    • No, he's nowhere near to the mighty Shearer

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we have a player in every position in the top 5 bar midfield....bentley cant be too far off though.

A quick scan and I reckon Bentley is 16th in the midfielders. No club has got someone in the top 5 in every position - be great if Bentley could make us the first - though Ronaldo could mean United beat us to it.

A quick scan and I reckon Bentley is 16th in the midfielders. No club has got someone in the top 5 in every position - be great if Bentley could make us the first - though Ronaldo could mean United beat us to it.

those are the old stats in the PDF file last updated on the 23rd...you'll notice samba and friedels scores are significantly lower. theyve yet to update the full top 100 for this week.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Paraguay v Ecuador last night. Paraguay finished 5-1 winners, but the man of the match had to be Rocky. He was phenomenal. Everything Paraguay did went through him. He came off after 75 mins, but not before scoring a blinder.

Anyone else see it?

I watched Paraguay v Ecuador last night. Paraguay finished 5-1 winners, but the man of the match had to be Rocky. He was phenomenal. Everything Paraguay did went through him. He came off after 75 mins, but not before scoring a blinder.

Anyone else see it?

Yeah Paraguay looked a decent side and totally ripped Ecuador apart. Thought Rocky played brilliantly but their entire front three caused problems all game to be fair.

Nice run, well taken, but didn't think the goal was overly special. Hopefully he'll come back fully fit and we won't have to worry about his knees every time he steps onto the pitch.

You're hard to please Eddie. Superbly timed run, excellent through ball and a clinical finish, from a far from easy angle. Doesn't get much better, - does it?

You're hard to please Eddie. Superbly timed run, excellent through ball and a clinical finish, from a far from easy angle. Doesn't get much better, - does it?

He scored one very similar in Europe from the left hich proves that he can hit it well with both feet too.

Hope he can get back on the goal trail for us. Whilst his all round play has remained excellent he hasn't really been getting into as many goal scoring positions recently as he was doing at the start of the season.

Edit: Super goal, very unlucky with the header that went a fraction wide just before that on the highlights as well.

• 2 weeks later...
My daughter, who has seen very few Rovers games this season for various reasons, said yesterday she still has to be convinced by Roque. Needless to say we soon put her right.

Mmm? How old's your daughter and convinced about what exactly?

Archived