[Archived] Santa Cruz

Best striker since Shearer?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Is he the best since Shearer?

• Yes.
    • No
    • Grooby is better than santa.
    • Yes, but he'll be gone by the end of the season
    • Yes, but he'll still be around for a few years yet.
    • No, he's nowhere near to the mighty Shearer

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a massive blow. Bentley is the only player in the team that I feel we would miss more. Nelsen and Santa Cruz out is bad news. Thank God it came before the international break. Tendonitis can mean a month out.

I really hope that McCarthy has bucked his ideas up and will start performing regularly, because we really do need him now.

I'm really sad at hearing this.

This all very confusing: If he has not travelled, how do the Paraguayan medical people and their officials know what is wrong with him? This can only be because Rovers have advised them of the situation, but then I thought there had been a new rule issued recently that the National team's authorities were not going to take the word of clubs any more in regard to non-release of players through injury, and were insisting on examining players medically themselves.

Hopefully this is something the manager's picked up from Fergie and he'll be "recovered" after the internationals B)

Heres hoping

Even if the injury is bad I'm not totally worried as it may provide a chance for the partnership of JR and Benni that was working well towards the end of last season to flourish.

Fife, that may be the case in Europe, where travel concerns are less of an issue, but I have a feeling, when trans-atlantic or trans-continental flights are involved, there will still be a large amount of cooperation between the club and country staff.

Besides, with technology being what it is, who says the Paraguay docs weren't sent the scans/charts/etc elelctronically for their own review?

Very worrying news as Santa on his own admission has a long history of trouble with both knees. This particular knee condition can be very serious and surgery is usually the only possible cure. The lay-off is about 6 months. Bellamy had the op whilst at Newcastle.

That sort of does sound like he is excusing himself from International duty and will be back for the next game?

Bit dodgy really, but obviously better for Rovers. For us to stay on top of our game we need to have him playing, he is virtually the complete striker. I am salivating at the thought of him, Benni, Pedersen, Bentley and Dunn all playing on in good form with a refit and resurgent Reid tieing the midfield together.

Archived