[Archived] Santa Cruz

Best striker since Shearer?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Is he the best since Shearer?

• Yes.
    • No
    • Grooby is better than santa.
    • Yes, but he'll be gone by the end of the season
    • Yes, but he'll still be around for a few years yet.
    • No, he's nowhere near to the mighty Shearer

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having seen Macarthy, Roberts, Derbyshire, Righters and Santa Cruz over the past two games Roque Santa Cruz is by far and away our best attacker the rest really need to pull their finger out and try emulating Cruz because i feel he his carrying them.

Derbyshire the one i was really looking forwrd to this season seems to be in a" i've made it now mode" forget the fact that hes playing out wide he aint doing it to justify a start.

Roberts just doesnt cut the mustard.

Righters looks totally out of his depth ....but i'll give him time to settle .

Finally Benni hes got it, but does he really want to apply himself and showcase his talents only he knows

Thankfully Santa Cruz is doing the business to spare the rest.

Having seen Macarthy, Roberts, Derbyshire, Righters and Santa Cruz over the past two games Roque Santa Cruz is by far and away our best attacker the rest really need to pull their finger out and try emulating Cruz because i feel he his carrying them.

Derbyshire the one i was really looking forwrd to this season seems to be in a" i've made it now mode" forget the fact that hes playing out wide he aint doing it to justify a start.

Roberts just doesnt cut the mustard.

Righters looks totally out of his depth ....but i'll give him time to settle .

Finally Benni hes got it, but does he really want to apply himself and showcase his talents only he knows

Thankfully Santa Cruz is doing the business to spare the rest.

Not often I find myself in agreement with you Jal (no offence intended), but I almost do in this case. I just think you are being a bit hard on young Derbyshire (he is still young and learning) and ditto for Rigters. Otherwise spot on.

May I be the first one to say:

We're gonna have one hell of a job keeping him next season :lol::o

You probably can't be the first Den, no. I'm sure someone in the media copyrighted 'Unsettling Rovers players' a long long time ago, along with the rights to 'Slagging off Rovers'.

Guest fernhurstblue
May I be the first one to say:

We're gonna have one hell of a job keeping him next season :lol::o

from the rodney marsh school of obvious statements ..... ;)

That makes great reading. Genuine ambition and belief in the dressing changing room despite Thursday's defeat.

Agreed....

Let's not get too worried about being out of a tournament we didnt properly qualify for anyway. Instead, let's get behind one of the best Rovers sides for a good few years.

While it's nice for our players to have ambition and to have confidence in the team, some really are living in a dream world.

Oh, and I think Santa Cruz is both an excellent footballer and also a great person.

If only McCarthy shared his attitude...

Archived