[Archived] Santa Cruz

Best striker since Shearer?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Is he the best since Shearer?

• Yes.
    • No
    • Grooby is better than santa.
    • Yes, but he'll be gone by the end of the season
    • Yes, but he'll still be around for a few years yet.
    • No, he's nowhere near to the mighty Shearer

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give over! He was a right little gaylord....!!! Never a prem player....

Bang out of order.

Firstly, if he was a gaylord, so what?

Secondly, if someone looks good you stereotype them as gay?

Thirdly, I think your opinion on Matty is way off. Before his injury he was on the verges of the England team...he got picked but had to pull out due to injury.

Ok, now back to Santa Cruz. I think this has the potential to be a great signing. I'll trust Sparky's judgement for now and wait to judge him personally when I have seen him play in Blue and White of the Rovers!

Anyone reckon he will start the 1st game of the season? It'll be a bit harsh on Jason Roberts if Benni and Chicco are the 1st choice because he really has worked his socks off.

He probably will start as Roberts is suspended

I'm getting more and more excited by this signing. Everything I've heard from Roque and from Hughes has impressed me. It seems as though Roque actually chose to come here, rather than failing to secure a move elsewhere. I think that he knows what is important for his career - first team football - and I think that he has the sense and intelligence to know that moving to a bigger club might not be to the benefit of his career. From what I can tell, he will offer everything Roberts does and much more. He is young with many years ahead of him and I feel as though he has the quality, but has lost his way at Bayern, where he has been a sub for a long time, and will turn it round at Rovers. He has the technical quality that Roberts lacks and I think he and McCarthy will be great together, I reckon.

The club have done the right thing parading him as they have and getting the media involved. Maybe it's just the hype of a new big name signing that's getting me excited, but I have a hunch that this will be an excellent deal. For the first time ever, I am considering getting a players name on my shirt.

I'm getting more and more excited by this signing. Everything I've heard from Roque and from Hughes has impressed me. It seems as though Roque actually chose to come here, rather than failing to secure a move elsewhere. I think that he knows what is important for his career - first team football - and I think that he has the sense and intelligence to know that moving to a bigger club might not be to the benefit of his career. From what I can tell, he will offer everything Roberts does and much more. He is young with many years ahead of him and I feel as though he has the quality, but has lost his way at Bayern, where he has been a sub for a long time, and will turn it round at Rovers. He has the technical quality that Roberts lacks and I think he and McCarthy will be great together, I reckon.

The club have done the right thing parading him as they have and getting the media involved. Maybe it's just the hype of a new big name signing that's getting me excited, but I have a hunch that this will be an excellent deal. For the first time ever, I am considering getting a players name on my shirt.

I may get his name on my shirt because he looks like me :)

Either way, it's a bloody steal. Good bit of frugal business by Rovers.

Or 3.3 m down the pan if he performs like he has done for Bayern. Too early to say either way yet but hopefully Sparky will be able to extract performance levels out of him he hasn't shown before.

Yes, he was wearing it in the SSN interview from yesterday. Although in typical BRFC style, they could only rustle up a shirt with the old Premiership lettering and numbering.

What's our new letters/numbers going to be like? are they in a different font?

Interview: (if you understand Nazi talk)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zr_p4k66rY

that sort of comment doesnt help the world go round........ :(

Agree. I'm amazed by the ignorance some people often express. I also find it strange that this site don't let you get away with using bad language like (Please don't use that word again), ######, ####, but it's clearly ok to call every german speaking person talking like a Nazi. :blink:

Archived