BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England's Injury Crisis

Yep he has a cap now and nobody can take that away from him. The important thing now is to stay in the squad. If he impresses in training, eventually he will get his chance. He's young yet and being in the squad can only do him good. Just hope that he doesn't get tapped up for other teams by players in the squad.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rover6, you need to see the Guardian article, which is absolutely clear who's made the biggest contribution to their team's season.

SWP is a bit of a MOTD player - a bit like MGP. Bentley contributes in all areas of the pitch for the 90 minutes.

No choice in my book.

Have you got a link to this article? I'd like to read it.

Rover6, you need to see the Guardian article, which is absolutely clear who's made the biggest contribution to their team's season.

SWP is a bit of a MOTD player - a bit like MGP. Bentley contributes in all areas of the pitch for the 90 minutes.

No choice in my book.

thought SWP was everywhere all game, non stop running, so can't agree with that

confidence players, yes, but SWP was back tracking aswell

i dont think bentley was given the right time yesterday(i thought mclaren did everything correct, but i was a little disappointed he only got 10minutes), we had the game won. could have given him more time..

Bentley came onto a 'flat' situation. McLaren effectively ended our attacking intentions when he replaced Gerrard with Philip Neville. From then on the England team went on the back foot and were basically running the clock down. Strange decision imo to go with two defensive midfielders when we were so much on top.

Bentley came onto a 'flat' situation. McLaren effectively ended our attacking intentions when he replaced Gerrard with Philip Neville. From then on the England team went on the back foot and were basically running the clock down. Strange decision imo to go with two defensive midfielders when we were so much on top.

Not strange for McLaren who created the most dull Middlesbrough team, who were painful to watch under McLaren's management.

Not strange for McLaren who created the most dull Middlesbrough team, who were painful to watch under McLaren's management.

A Boro fan said to me before the rovers game, that McClaren's football got him the nickname of "the magician"

He could make the crowd disappear.

the national stadium should have been built in walsall or stafford or keele..............

A point most people up here made at the time. One school of thought is that with the excellent facilities in Manchester, Newcastle, Ashburton Grove, and soon to be Liverpool why bother with a national stadium at all? Never mind the only plus point ... comfy seats cos spectators too far from the pitch leads to a stadium with no atmosphere, catering primarily for the prawn sarni brigade does similar, non-existent parking facilities and exhorbitant prices mean that the place is quickly turning into one embarrassingly big white elephant and I for one am happy to see it. The perfect model for a national stadium (bar the transport facilities) is in Cardiff so how the FA thought that they could better that goodness only knows. Their only concern appears to have been an insatiable desire to better the takings. With their snouts so deep in the trough how come they cannot understand their corporate guests who prefer to do exactly the same whilst the 2nd half drama is being played out in a half empty atmosphere free stadium

Had he not been a Rovers player, you would have booed too...

Let me guess, you dont have a problem with people booing Lampard?

Well actually I do.

I for one am sick to death with some of the moronic imbeciles who follow England today, the treatment of Frank Lampard a particular example.

These halfwits seem to think they have a right to abuse whoever they choose on the back of afew booze cruises to the continent, continually spouting nonsense about passion, you half expect they would welcome the appointment of Julian Dicks as the next England manager.

Went to Wembley - just a few observations:

Atmosphere: Yes - there was lots of "noise" at times - but it all seemed to emanate from the corner of the ground where the band where ... and only a few times did everyone join in.

I was in Club Wembley seats this time (will be there again on Wednesday in "proper" seats) and there is absolutely no atmosphere there. I was surrounded by people who haven't been to a game in years ... some of the comments from the person behind me where cringe worthy!! The seats are even comfier than The Emirates. Could stretch out ... just like being at home watching TV - and therein lies part of the problem.

Half time: Unbelievably they still haven't got the catering right - even in Club Wembley. Couldn't get a drink without the risk of missing the start of the second half so didn't bother ... most people therefore missed Owen's goal.

Full time: I thought the Riverside was bad but this was ridiculous. We were surrounded by empty seats with 5 minutes to go ... how I wished for a late rally and a few more goals!!

Bentley: Booing was expected but they made their point and should have left it alone after the first time. And to cheer when he couldn't keep the ball in play was disgraceful. Maybe things would have been different if the game wasn't so comfortable at that stage. BTW - Neville was also booed when he came on.

Suspect Bentley also knew what to expect - not once did he come out to warm up on the touchline until just before he came on ... unless I missed it.

SWP - Can't cross to save his life! With Heskey having quite a good game, Bentley should have been on much earlier.

And finally - please, please, please will someone get rid of the Operatic renditions of the National Anthems!!!! Oh how I hate those. Stop trying to be "fancy" and just get the military band back on and let the fans sing! It's worse than the drummer ... but, then again..........................

Has anyone read that disgusting article by Jeff Powell in the Mail where he devotes half a page to gloating about Bentley being booed. I am now an ex mail reader.

What is your opinion Nicko?

I agree absolutely with Theno; the only reason we played so well was that McLaren was forced into making the changes that infinitely improved the team, but which were just too difficult decisions for our gutless manager to make.

If Gareth Barry plays as consistently well as he did the other night, then he should have been in the England starting XI many years ago. Barry is exactly the sort of player I like, a box-to-box midfielder, equally adept at sitting back and defending the back four, but also excellent at bringing the ball forward, playing some great passes, dictating play and driving at the opposition. He and Gerrard are very similar players and complement each other brilliantly. McCkaren has stuck by the gutless decision to keep Lampard and Gerrard together. I don't think their failure to play well together is anything to do with incompatibility, althought Gerrard and Barry certainly compliment each other better. it is the fact that Lampard is being forced into a team and formation that just doesn't suit, nor can cater to him. I really hope that he isnt fit for Wednesday and we can keep Barry and Gerrard together.

As well as Barry, I thought Richards played very well. He really looks an awesome talent. Finally a replacement for Neville. Personally, he would start for me from now on. Wright-Phillips also played excellently. With Beckham getting on and on the decline, we now have three superb right midfielders to take over: Wright-Phillips, Bentley and Lennon. I couldn't pick between them.

The England team is looking good for the future, especially if Owen is on the way to finding his former form.

Archived