BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England's Injury Crisis

I'll be suprised if Bents does get his first cap. Think back to the Brazil friendly (before he'd even pulled out of the under 21's) where Mclaren persisted with Dyer, Jenas etc - therefore I can't see why things would have changed now. Even with Beckham and Dyer's injuries he'll still probably throw somebody like Jenas or P.Neville on instead of Bentley or Young.

Here's hoping I'm wrong and that Bentley gets a deserved run out.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England

1 Paul Robinson

2 Micah Richards

3 Ashley Cole

4 Steven Gerrard

5 Rio Ferdinand

6 John Terry ©

7 Gareth Barry

8 Shaun Wright-Phillips

9 Emile Heskey

10 Michael Owen

11 Joe Cole

Subs

12 Wes Brown

13 David James

14 Phil Neville

15 David Bentley

16 Stewart Downing

17 Andrew Johnson

18 Jermain Defoe

doesnt look the strongest midfield and with only downing and bentley on the bench think he will get a run out tonight jus hope he takes his chance.

Bentley was always going to get booed when he made his introduction, I cant' believe anyone here is naive enough to be surprised about it.

It only happened for his first three or four touches, no-one could be arsed after that. Hopefully that should be it now and Bentley can get on with his international career.

What dya expect? a crowd full of fat b*$tard cockneys, 'cause he's going to get boo'ed!

I think McLaren will hold that against him too, and not play him against Russia. He wasnt playing well at all when he came on... you could tell the boo's were getting to him.

3-0 up with not much time left, what game was there for him to get into exactly.

Had he not been a Rovers player, you would have booed too...

That's right. Bit like laughing when someone mentions a fat assed woman but getting all defensive when a fattass comment is made about your own wife (yes mine does) It's a man thing, summat to do with caves and territory and pissing on all four corners, we don't know why we do it we just do.

Had he not been a Rovers player, you would have booed too...

Let me guess, you dont have a problem with people booing Lampard?

Not at all - and although I reckon Lampard can't play with Gerrard I don't advocate booing him (or anyone) during the game.

Still - what do you expect with the tabloid mentality of most England fans

Bentley did the wrong thing regardless of what anyone says, you should play for England whatever the circumstances.

BUT..........to see wembley looking like the emirates with 15 minutes to go, EMPTY, just goes to show the national stadium should have been built up north as those southern tossers wouldn't know how to support a team if we wrote them the fecking rules......

:angry::angry:

That's right. Bit like laughing when someone mentions a fat assed woman but getting all defensive when a fattass comment is made about your own wife

:lol:

To be honest, Bentley should be extremely grateful that three months after bailing on England in a major tournament that he was making his debut at Wembley. All that's happened to him as a consequence is he missed a meaningless friendly and had his first few touches booed. I honestly thought at the time that it would have been far worse for him.

i think its an honour to play for your country at whatever level... and pulling was un real....

to tired not an excuse sorry mate your a professional football player...

but what about the guy from villa who also pulled nothing was said about that and his reason he wanted holiday..

but he should of expected to be booed but i was also horrified to see that he was...

but fair play he tried hard etc...

Bentley did the wrong thing regardless of what anyone says, you should play for England whatever the circumstances.

BUT..........to see wembley looking like the emirates with 15 minutes to go, EMPTY, just goes to show the national stadium should have been built up north as those southern tossers wouldn't know how to support a team if we wrote them the fecking rules......

:angry::angry:

Well done Bentley on your first full cap. :tu:

THE NEW WEMBLEY......a Sh1t atmosphere were the thousand's of champagne swilling corporate suites cant be bothered to take their seat until 15 minutes into the second half.

i think its an honour to play for your country at whatever level... and pulling was un real....

to tired not an excuse sorry mate your a professional football player...

but what about the guy from villa who also pulled nothing was said about that and his reason he wanted holiday..

but he should of expected to be booed but i was also horrified to see that he was...

but fair play he tried hard etc...

Going over old ground here on Bentley, but he obviously thought long and hard about his decision in the summer (to pull out). He also consulted Hughes and current England players before he made his decision.

However, being the type of character he is, I do not think he will be affected too badly by the booing.

I think it's extremely distasteful to boo someone because they withdrew from the U21s(!!), if it were from the senior group - well then that could've been understandable. The whole point of the U21s is for the younguns to get a taste of international footy, like a bunch of training matches, it doesn't mean anything really. Makes me sick this entire ordeal. Agbonlahor got off very easily if we compare cases, I'd think people were angry because Bents is such a good player, by far the best in the U21s.

Well done Bentley on your first full cap. :tu:

THE NEW WEMBLEY......a Sh1t atmosphere were the thousand's of champagne swilling corporate suites cant be bothered to take their seat until 15 minutes into the second half.

I just got back from Wembley and it wasn't a shat atmosphere, it was very good. Pretty much singing for the entire match. I guess it didn't sound great on TV so I guess I was lucky to be there to experience it properly.

Archived