BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do Spurs Want Hughes?

I dont think it would be in Hughes' best interests to leave us for Spurs.

I have to disagree.

A consistently large transfer budget and money to spend on wages, a larger fan base, one of the medias favourite clubs... What is not in his best interests there?

I have to disagree.

A consistently large transfer budget and money to spend on wages, a larger fan base, one of the medias favourite clubs... What is not in his best interests there?

A Board that sacks their best manager in years three games into the season I think is the answer to that one!

Spurs are a 5th/6th placed team, and will be no matter how many hundreds of players they buy. It may be a slight step up due to the fanbase and the media creamfest that goes on, but surely waiting until Feguson leaves/dies would be a better option for Hughes. Ferguson will leave in a couple of seasons time I should imagine.

It's written in the stars - in about 4 seasons Mark Hughes will be the new coach of Manchester United. Before that, he'll stay at Ewood.

The ONLY reason I want Roy Keane to do well, he could pip Sparky in the Fergy replacement sweepstakes if he is successful.

I wouldn't see Hughes leaving, especially as he's just got HIS squad assembled for the first time, after 3 years of shipping out Souness' deadwood. Plus with the takeover looking to be near completion there'll be extra funds for Rovers to compete, and the bonus of fans coming back with the recent sales of ST to go by, Hughes would be mad to leave this season.

However Spurs' fans and media supporters feel that they are seriously underachieving by not being in the top 4.

Yep and liverpool fans think they have a right to win the league every year. Doesn't happen but it's funny watching them try and prove they deserve it.

Why would Spurs want Hughes? Spurs play lovely pass and move football, beautiful to watch. Whereas Hughes just sends his teams out to perform various acts of mindless premeditated violence. Mainly against Arsenal.

Everyone knows that. Frankly I doubt Spurs would be able to lower themselves to employ someone who has managed BRFC.

This seems daft to me. Martin Jol strikes me as the sort of person you would want managing your football club. Tends towards speaking common sense, practical attitude and not prone to talking the absolute rubbish spouted by the likes of Wenger and Mourinho. Trouble is that describes Hughes as well.

I don't think Hughesy would move this season. The take-over, money, his current squad all point to things being very nicely set up. This season will prove if Hughes is as good as we all believe, so in twelve months we may have to worry a damn sight more. If he walked away now the job would not be finished.....and Mark Hughes is not a quitter.

Why would Spurs want Hughes? Spurs play lovely pass and move football, beautiful to watch. Whereas Hughes just sends his teams out to perform various acts of mindless premeditated violence. Mainly against Arsenal.

Exactly the reason they would probably want him Bobski don't you think :lol::lol:

I don't get why Jol's job being in jeapody is even a story.

Spuds are a mediocre side but for the last two seasons they have finished in 5th which is not bad by their standards.

Spurs league history

But for some reason they are seen by the fans and especially by the media as a big club and top 4 contenders.

They are neither.

So they have a poor start to this season and lose their first two games and suddenly Martin Jol (surely their most successful manager in some time) is in danger of losing his job? I don't get it.

Surely this is media hype gone mad.

Man Utd are in 16th place and no-one is calling for Fergie's head.

Can we have some common sense please?

As unlikely as this is, if Hughes did go I woudl take Jol in a heartbeat

I don't dislike Jol but the two are incomparable imo. Even with no money to spend Hughes can spot a player's potential and develop it whereas Jol despite spending millions upon millions has bought very few good players and developed even less. The difference in their worth to the owners of any Prem club is staggering. Hence my frequently criticised suggestions for remuneration for Hughes and his assistants.

Archived