• Nelsen
    • Warnock
    • Bentley
    • Emerton
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

Who refereed in everton v liverpool game when liverpool scabbed a win, should have conceded a pen and everton had 2 sent off. he that biaised and sh** he was banned the week after............

CLATTENBURG

So, who is refereeing BRFC v Liverpool this Saturday???

CLATTENBURG

:angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-1 to rovers - Stevie G and MGP / Benni - Carragher's wrestling throws finally get noticed by a ref, 88 minute penalty into the Darwen end - cue mass depression by 7K scousers. Hope Mr Atkinson and his 2 helpers swot up on the offside rule over lunch on Saturday.

There's a good interview with Mark Hughes running on Sky Sports News at the moment - seems to be around 20 past the hour.

He's basically saying (paraphrased) we've had a good start, to go where we want to go we need to take points off the "big 4" starting on Saturday. He even mentions a top 4 spot, albeit as an amazing blue sky type of ambition.

I'm quite sure that within the dressing room the players are being told what to aim for, and it won't be 5th or 6th. The great comments about the players dancing around last Sunday night singing "let's all do the Samba" are music to our ears, and the win at Portsmouth will have added to the momentum.

My worry for Saturday is centre mid - Steven Gerrard can win matches on his own, and that will be the key. If Hughes could play himself and do what he did to Anderton on that glorious day in Cardiff then we'd be half way there ... so he needs to find someone in the current Rovers squad - who is fully match fit - to have the same effect on Gerrard.

My worry for Saturday is centre mid - Steven Gerrard can win matches on his own, and that will be the key. If Hughes could play himself and do what he did to Anderton on that glorious day in Cardiff then we'd be half way there ... so he needs to find someone in the current Rovers squad - who is fully match fit - to have the same effect on Gerrard.

Very true Tris.

My main worry myself, but hopefully we can ruffle them up a bit and don't give them the free run of Ewood. Sissoko will also be a tough player if he starts. However he hasn't quite regathered the form he initially showed, especially coming back from injury.

I'd settle for a draw on this one.

1-1 McCarthy, Carragher.

0,,10303~3452766,00.jpg

Looks like Gamst was a tiny bit relieved to score against Pompey, let's hope he takes this into the Liverpool game and gets his season going! Would be nice that to get him back in form now when we're up against Liverpool and Man Utd in the next two games. Wouldn't mind a thunderbolt of a free kick from him on saturday :)

Should be a good game and a good crowd, let's get behind the Rovers and help the players continue the great run of wins!

Rovers 2 - 0 Liverpool

Benni 14

Gamst 67

Att: 29,637

:rover:

Don't think my girlfriend will be very happy if(/when) Rovers win this one :rolleyes:

I remember talking to a Liverpool fan about a year ago on a course and discussing both clubs and especially our Premiership triumph when he piped up 'yeah but the thing with Blackburn is that they've no history'

Before I could point out to him the fact we were founder members of the original league, formed before the 'historic' LFC, three year consecutive FA cup winners in the 1800's, PREMIERSHIP WINNERS and that they had no f***in history before Bill Bloody Shankly the lecture had started.

Went looking for the bloke afterwards when I had my counter argument ready but he'd already done one. Still riles me to this very day.

Anyway, as has been said already, we've only Gerrard to worry about because he lifts LFC out of mediocrity more or less on his own if he's on song. Stop him playing and we won't lose this game. A low scoring draw for me.

Almost a cert we will end the game with 10 men, a red card for some silly reason(or two). At least one gaff, moment of blindness, to allow a dodgy goal for L'pool. Lots of free kicks to the Scouse particularly in Stevie range but not a sniff of a free kick for us within 35 yards of their goal, despite several muggings of Benni and Rocky. We will lose this one on the back of the man in the middle. Just not proper to have BRFC above Liverpool in the league and it will not be tolerated.

little snippet from football365, as much as it is one of my favourite sites they do have a history of being anti-rovers but this season theyve been giving us much mre credit:

Yet paradoxically it is arguable that there is a bigger match on TV on Saturday. At 5.15, Blackburn and Liverpool - both with games in hand on most of the sides around them - meet at Ewood Park. For all their poor form, Liverpool have somehow clung on to the coattails of the top teams and could close to within three points of a lunchtime loser. God and Mark Clattenburg know how they've done it, but Rafa Benitez's team have the best away record in the division.

Defeat at Ewood, though, and not only will the Reds slip away from the leaders thanks to their poor home form but also their opponents. If it wasn't for their European exit, this would have been a brilliant season so far for Rovers. In fact despite losing on aggregate to Larissa this has been an excellent start.

They weren't my tip to challenge for a top-four place, but a win on Saturday and they will have a decent lead on the team they have beaten, a side struggling with injuries and low on morale. Saturday lunchtime could be magnificent, but we are more likely to see a knockout blow on Saturday night.

the thing is looking down the lineups on paper theres very little to choose between us. we have the better keeper and the better central defenders, they probably shade it on fullbacks and midfield, but with torres out id rather have our strike force. the key will be nullifying gerrard in midfield, if we do that we really shouldnt have too many problems.

Archived