BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] I Come In Peace! - Mark Hughes

toonfan

I to would be VERY gutted if Sparkey left. Im hoping the board see's how much he's needed and gives him the money to get us where we need to be. Also im wondering if the fact that he has been very good at getting those basement bargins for next to nothing and getting the best of them is or has come back to bite him in the ass? I mean if the board sees it as hes good at spending nothing then why give him more then needed? Man im worried! :unsure:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I to would be VERY gutted if Sparkey left. Im hoping the board see's how much he's needed and gives him the money to get us where we need to be. Also im wondering if the fact that he has been very good at getting those basement bargins for next to nothing and getting the best of them is or has come back to bite him in the ass? I mean if the board sees it as hes good at spending nothing then why give him more then needed? Man im worried! :unsure:

Exactly. Simply cut him in to the deals. Above board of course.

apparently our board are set to meet today to start meeting potential managers and their agents.

the list is said to include hughes, hiddink, houllier, hitzfeld and hose (jose).

the clue is i the h!

ive always had a hunch that it wouldnt be hughes, and i still feel the same.

apparently our board are set to meet today to start meeting potential managers and their agents.

the list is said to include hughes, hiddink, houllier, hitzfeld and hose (jose).

the clue is i the h!

ive always had a hunch that it wouldnt be hughes, and i still feel the same.

I can't imagine Jose taking it on - the clue really is in the H!

I think Houllier could be the one.

hi toonfan!!

if our sparky does indeed accept the newcastle position, if offered....then in my mind it can only be down to the fact that he knows he will get several truck loads of cash to spend. i say this because of his remarks about it being "the chairman's decision" which i attribute to the fact that if JW does manage to get sparky a few milliion quid to spend, then i reckon he will stay and then hopefully by the summer we will have a brand new owner, with money to spend on rovers. however, if this is not the case and your owner offers him the job, then i wouldn't blame sparky for going, if indeed he went down that path, but in saying that the job up there is very much a poisened chalice..i am sure you will agree.

What about Hearer and Heegan?

Just had a few pennies on Houllier and Shearer at 7/1. Feeling even more confident it wouldn't be Hughes out of that list, the more managers you approach the less likely Hughes will be to take it.

i reckon you lot are safe to be honest.

a shearer/houllier partnership seems the most likely in my opinion.

as someone has already said, the more people we speak to, the less chance there is of sparky taking it.

shearer is back today, as is ashley, and sky are reporting houllier talks have taken place today already

whoops.. jsut did

the source i check suggests bradford, wakefield, coventry, leicester and.... Sunderland are all bigger cities than Newcastle.

maybe the demographics of the last 50 years have changed things.. i'm not checking those stats.

;)

If you look at the total urban catchment area Leeds and Newcastle are much higher up the list, fourth and fifth biggest in the UK.

http://www.citypopulation.de/UK-EnglandUA.html

Great stats, I'm going to print off and carry round with me for future arguements about gates. So Blackburn is 1/10 the size of Leeds, has the same amount of football teams and yet we get about 2/3 of their average gate, even if we are in the same division....remarkable. We have the smallest urban population of any team who have ever even been in the PL and yet we still hold our own. Evidence that the real hotbed of football is, as we have always known, in East Lancashire. Never foget it all you Geordies, Tykes, Cockneys etc.....

If you look at the total urban catchment area Leeds and Newcastle are much higher up the list, fourth and fifth biggest in the UK.

http://www.citypopulation.de/UK-EnglandUA.html

:lol: Thoses stats kinda blow Burnleys "we`ve better gates per population" arguement out of the water.......but where`s places like Hull & Bolton on that list???? i fear it isn`t totally correct. :unsure:

:lol: Thoses stats kinda blow Burnleys "we`ve better gates per population" arguement out of the water.......but where`s places like Hull & Bolton on that list???? i fear it isn`t totally correct. :unsure:

I assume Bolton comes under Manchester and for Hull see K for Kingston upon.... ;)

i reckon you lot are safe to be honest.

a shearer/houllier partnership seems the most likely in my opinion.

as someone has already said, the more people we speak to, the less chance there is of sparky taking it.

shearer is back today, as is ashley, and sky are reporting houllier talks have taken place today already

I think we'd all welcome your comments on todays news toonfan................

There's a circus in the town (in the toon)

Kevin Keegan is a clown (is a clown)

Arthur Cox has got the *@(&@@ &@%

Newcastle are going down (going down)

Was 'staying down' back in 1984 but times change! Always enjoyed singing that song, particularly on the old open Leazes End...never expected it to be topical again (hope Arthur recovered fully)

I think we'd all welcome your comments on todays news toonfan................

well, one things for sure, the place has had the lift it desperately needed!

once the emotion dies down, i guess we'll see if its been a good appointment or not, but sometimes someone just fits a club for some reason, and that is the case here.

the icing on the cake will be if big al comes as his assistant!

anyway, thanks fro all the tips on sparky anyway lads, you must be glad he is still your gaffer, and i hope he continues to do the business for you.

sorry if it apeared to rub your nose in at first (when it appeared sparky may be toon bound), it certainly wasnt my intention.

best of luck for the rest of the season, all the best!

Apparently Sir Alan of Shearer does not get on with KK, so is unlikely to join him. He's playing the game with the media by not ruling himself out, but it will never happen.

It also now means that Michael Owen is definitely leaving Newcastle. He can't stand Keegan and even devoted a whole chapter to just how much he dislikes him in his autobiography.

Apparently Sir Alan of Shearer does not get on with KK, so is unlikely to join him.

It also now means that Michael Owen is definitely leaving Newcastle.

Owen: I'll deal with it

On Shearer, read Nicko's thread about Monday time and it says about Shearer not wanting to work with KK. More recently it says that the reason they aren't talking is something silly and could easily be recovered.

It would be a great experience for Shearer but KK would have him looking over his shoulder all the time.

Archived