• Reid
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Santa Cruz
    • Tugay

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How on earth can you come out with an opinion like that without even having been to the game?

You seem to have missed phrases like "since November" and "the last few matches". You'll find that Fife didn't say anything about today's game.

Unless you're saying that one has to have seen today's game to have an opinion on past games, which I don't believe you are.

Samba will get his extended stay on the sidelines- known as a three match suspension.

We seriously need fully fit Nelsen and Emerton back as that's Reading a, Spurs h, Liverpool a Samba will miss. Ooijer's header put us in trouble for the penalty incident but Samba's hands on Heskey's shoulders were stupid when had he concentrated on accelerating, Heskey was slow and losing control of the ball as Brad came out and Samba could have put a last ditch block on when he eventually got round to shooting. Brad desperately close to saving the pen.

The RSC incident where a penalty was shouted for the Rovers involved a pretty cynical tug/block on RSC in the area but he went over a leg which cleanly won the ball for Wigan.

Considering we were down to ten men that was one of our best performances of the season today. If only we'd shown the same sort of spirit and desire in quite a number of other games this season we'd still be in the shake up for 4th/5th place.

MH singled out the front two RSC and Roberts for praise in his post match interview and rightly so imo. Even though we were down to ten they never gave the Wigan defence a minute's peace.

Warnock was excellent and Bentley put in his best performance for a long while - perhaps he realises he committeed a faux pas with his comments this week. Good performances from Reid and Dunn in midfield and once again MGP covered an amazing amount of ground and tracked back brilliantly.

Basically everyone played well.

Same again for the last seven games please.

MH singled out the front two RSC and Roberts for praise in his post match interview and rightly so imo. Even though we were down to ten they never gave the Wigan defence a minute's peace.

As should be the case whenever the two of them play together. They're both big, strong lads and together have the ability in the air and on the deck to give any centreback pairing a really tough time. There could hardly be two strikers at any other team in the league with the physical tools of those boys. All of which only goes to emphasise how disappointing it is that they haven't managed to get it going regularly. I hope this is a turning point. As it currently stands, we've got 4 good strikers and 0 good partnerships.

As should be the case whenever the two of them play together. They're both big, strong lads and together have the ability in the air and on the deck to give any centreback pairing a really tough time. There could hardly be two strikers at any other team in the league with the physical tools of those boys. All of which only goes to emphasise how disappointing it is that they haven't managed to get it going regularly. I hope this is a turning point. As it currently stands, we've got 4 good strikers and 0 good partnerships.

Good post

Roberts can be a real handful at times, he has so much power and pace. The FA Cup semi final match against Chelsea last season was a perfect example of that.

Roque is such a class act, of all the premier league transfers this season he is "pound for pound" bargain of the season for me. £3.5 million (or a figure close to that) what a bargain! I like watching him play, he has such great movement and his work rate is superb. He should meet his target of 20 goals this season.

We still have Benni who when he is on form is a great player, then there is young Derbs who is a natural goalscorer with huge potential. Rigters hasn't had enough chances yet, but he is young and has some real pace and hopefully will get some needed experience at Norwich.

We have a pretty good selection of forwards, we just need to make the partnerships click. Roberts and Roque are sure to be playing next game, lets hope their partnership can continue to blossom.

How on earth can you come out with an opinion like that without even having been to the game?

What!!? Are you mad? I have seen every game that Samba has played since the day he joined us. You don't have to be sitting in the BBE to be able to see how players are performing; in fact I would argue I have a damned site better view than someone who does. And that goes for when I do attend at Ewood as well. Front row JW upper gives a superb view.

Next stupid question?

How have you managed to see all of every game Fife, or have you just seen the highlights?

I can answer that one. He makes 55 minute DVDs from Prem Plus. He may have mentioned it one or two (or forty) times.

Finally we cna say we played a whole game of football, and despite the referee we got a good result.

For those looking at the points though...to get 6th I'm afraid we're not only going to have win all against the bottom teams, but also we need to get something from Pool or United.

Yeah by my reckoning Villa definitely have the easier run in, we might be a point behind but..

Reading A 3

Spurs H 1

Liverpool A 0

Man U H 0

Portsmouth A 1

Derby H 3

Birmingham A 3

11 pts

Villa:

Man U A 0

Bolton H 3

Derby A 3

Birmingham H 3

Everton A 0

Wigan H 3

Wst Ham A 1

13 pts

But then if they're losing against Sunderland then maybe those points against Wigan, Bolton and Birmingham arent such foregone conclusions. And if we can get 3 points from Spurs and/or Pompey then it will be game on.

The headlines in the LET Monday should read something like this....

"Rovers win despite Ewood Park being the epi centre of the North West earthquake"

Blackburn Rovers sit 8th today in The English Premiership poised to renew the challenge for 6th spot that would secure european football for the Ewood Park outfit, this is despite the earthquake that rocked Ewood Park in the 16th minute when Emeeelllle 'eskey, the Wigan pie eater supreme, hit the turf like the proverbial sack of shyte, reaching 6.8 on the Mike Dean red card scale.

In an entertaining game, Rovers shrugged off the inept display of yet another supposed top referee to register a revenge win against the pie eaters. The game was shaken into life with the positive response Mark Hughes demanded of his team when a swerving shot from Sir David Bentley of Ewood caused untold problems for sicknote, the Pie eaters keeper leaving Roque Santa Cruz to punish them with a well taken header.

Then the shock of the second earthquake to hit England in 2 months. Peskey 'eskey on a one on one, following a disturing header from Oijer, fell nonchalently to the ground. The surge was felt in Brighton as Mike Dean took his note book and sent Big Chris Samba packing to the changing rooms. The Ewwod Stands rattled in anger but were left intact as the pie eaters drew level with the ensuing penalty.

In that one moment Mike Dean had ruined the game.

As the game too'd a fro'd, Rovers regrouped and led by an energetic Roberts, they took the lead as he bamboozled their defender and slotted the ball through the keepers legs. 2-1 half time.

Second half was a sparring boxing match. How the pie eaters players survived the yellow cards syndrome is beyond belief. Several players should have given their names to Dean for his invitation list.

Then a sublime piece of football that resulted in an exquisite cross from Sir David, clinically despatched into the net by Roque Santa Cruz. 3-1 game over.

Dean did his best to ruin the game, blowing his whistle more times than Michael blows bubbles, but he did level the sendings off when he eventually thought he had better do something about Wilson palacious's constant fouling after he took out Dunny.

His final whistle was the best quickly followed by news of some very very good results for Rovers in the other games.

So 6th spot is back on. keep your heads up and chin chin especially after nobenders did the Dingles :brfcsmilie:

How have you managed to see all of every game Fife, or have you just seen the highlights?

There are lots of naughty channels out there- perhaps he has seen every minute of every game the same way I have; about 25% legally, the rest naughtily.

I hesitate to say live as the rest of the chatroom is forever amused by my celebrating goals and bemoaning reverses anything up to 5 minutes after they do.

Back to the game and the Guardian has this to say:

Man of the match: David Bentley

Despite the goal power of Santa Cruz young David Bentley must earn the award for prising open the Wigan defence with foraging runs and immaculate service from the wings. It is ludicrous to consider him making way for David Beckham in the England side.

Amen to that!

I can answer that one. He makes 55 minute DVDs from Prem Plus. He may have mentioned it one or two (or forty) times.

Thank you Bellamy for giving a part of the correct answer. I have seen AT LEAST 55 mins of EVERY match, and all 90 mins of every match that is televised by any of the channels that I subscribe to on a monthly basis. This includes any of the BBC, ITV, or other terrestial channels, SKY Sports (all their Channels), and Setanta. Which if you care to check you will find that I have seen enough to be able to form an opinion on every player and how they are playing. Also I get to see every incident (controversial or not) from several different angles. Can any body that is basing their opnions on a view from a fixed seat in the ground honestly say the same?

Also I did not claim to be basing my opinion on being present at the ground today, and I resent the implication that anyone who is not actually sitting in a seat at Ewood Park is entitled to an opinion. That is downright insulting to the many, many supporters on this site and elswhere that for a myriad of reasons are not able to attend every match at Ewood. How DARE you (Revidge Blue) make such insinuations?

Yes, how dare you Rev?

Philip, I simply couldn't imagine our Fife viewing illegal channels. No way. His and my generation rise above those things.

Anyway, MOTM, - there wasn't a bad performance for our lads today, but I do think Wigan missed doing their homework. Bentley was given more room today, than by any other team.

Yes, how dare you Rev?

Philip, I simply couldn't imagine our Fife viewing illegal channels. No way. His and my generation rise above those things.

Anyway, MOTM, - there wasn't a bad performance for our lads today, but I do think Wigan missed doing their homework. Bentley was given more room today, than by any other team.

Thank you Den. You are absolutely right about my scruples. I do not and never have I EVER watched so much as one second of ANY illegal channel, and as God is my Judge I never will knowingly do so. I just wish there could be some way of stopping people getting these illegal channels in this country without stopping them being seen in the places they are actually meant to serve, and by people paying their due subscriptions to them.

Unfortunately, I don't have a legal way of paying to see the game live short of flying back to go to Ewood. Unless someone can point out a way I can watch it legally here in Malta and I will happily do so.

When a local bar is showing a Rovers game live on a paid for channel, I trot along and watch it there but it is the devil's own job to get them to give over a monitor to a Rovers' game if Manchelsarsepool are also playing.

1 game for a straight red for a professional fouls?

So 1 or 3?

Edit: apparently just one, as it wasn't a violent conduct or anything. If Knight's red against Chelsea serves as an example - he got just one game ban.

One thing that used to profoundly irritate me about Heskey when he was playing for England was that he couldn't keep on his feel. No change there then.

I trust that horrendous blacky sort of grey kit of Wigan's, coupled with the equally bad third kit of the Arse is of a colour that will never be seen on the Rovers players. Ugh.

Okay. Great three points. Looked unlikely when Mr Heskey fell to the ground and Samba was banished, but we weathered the storm and the end result was very satisfying especially as throughout the afternoon there was so much noise coming from the direction of Mr Bruce I implored someone to tape his mouth up. I must say in comparison Sparky's class oozed from him this afternoon as he stood on the touchline in his suit.

Sir David was indeed inspired this afternoon. I can't really fault any of the Rovers players, they all put in a more than excellent shift. More of the same for next week, please.

When I read the name 'Referee - Mike Dean' on the programme I always give a big sigh. This afternoon he performed to his usual level. Well done Rovers for not letting him faze you.

Bring on Reading. My tickets are ready and waiting.

The RSC incident where a penalty was shouted for the Rovers involved a pretty cynical tug/block on RSC in the area but he went over a leg which cleanly won the ball for Wigan.

I am glad you cleared that up as I didn't think it was a penalty at the time

Agree totally revidge, Samba wasnt at fault until he tugged heskey. However if he just carried on running and allowed Heskey to slot home - he would of got slagged off anyway so either way he couldnt win.

Completely disagree with that, the goal was due to a suicidal header by Ooijer leaving Samba with no realistic chance of winning the ball.

Maybe in the cold light of day Samba shouldn't have made any sort of challenge and gambled on Brad making a save but from where I was sat the contact looked fairly minimal.

Under the rules as they stand, We can't have any complaints about the red card though. Ooijer owes Samba a huge apology.

As it currently stands, we've got 4 good strikers and 0 good partnerships.

Agree totally with the above, Roberts seems ok with either roque or Benni but Benni & Roque cant play together as a top partnership. I think someone like Martins would compliment Roque perfectley. Shame he would cost mega money!!

Archived