• Warnock
    • Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Santa Cruz
    • Tugay

As there's no preview and there doesn't look as though one is forth coming I'd thought i would make a start.

There's not much excitement happening at ewood park these days, most fans think the season is over and planning their summer holidays in the sun. i wonder if the players can't be arsed with this season anymore and are doing the same?

We cant win the league, qualifying for the champions league is miles away, uefa spot is way off but the intertoto cup is well in reach. I'd much prefer to be tanning in the sun in southern europe, singing songs in a bar full of rovers fans drinking cheap beer in preparation of us playing a match in a european competition whatever it is.

i looked at the football results tonight, spurs drew 4-4 with chelsea. i thought nice for some, when was the last time we had one of those or at least an goal action thriller at ewood park and then the drinking and smoking started. The last time i was so thrilled at a match was the fa cup with chelsea. Sam platts was packed with rovers and we were all so up for it. The match was amazing, the release when we scored was immense and the heart break from the german was deadly. Anyway that's football and it wasn't at ewood park, i think the last time it was truley rocking was beating the manks 4-3, now thats what i'm talking about!

So the pie eaters are making the short journey for the festive season. After Chris Hutchings was fired earlier this season, they persuaded steve bruce to leave the biggest club in the world and sort out the mess. Recent results against arsenal and notlob have suggested they have a fighting chance of beating the drop and have pulled 6 points clear of the relegation zone.

In the corresponding fixture this season we lost 5-3. Two hatricks were scored that day and apparently there were some rumors of player tantrums in the dressing room at half time. An un-named source leaked that the major factor of the problem was someone had hidden robbie savage's hair spray and mirror.

Former Blackburn player and current Wigan chairman Dave Whelan got the checkbook out in January and signed a few players at steve bruce's request, the most high profile being king for a few million large. The palacios fella looks a good signing and considering his brother has been kidnapped, he's doing rather well.

As wigan have decided not to appeal against the koumas red card, i think he will be suspended against us. We have signed vogel but all the reports appear to be saying the same which is "he is not match fit" so i doubt he will even make the bench. Rigters will also be unavailable as he's gone south east on loan.

If we want to be in europe next season like me, we need to start winning on saturday and i will leave you with this quote i seen in a film earlier this evening "Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen"

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great preview.

on a positive note. i had the best dream ever last night.

we smashed Wigan 6-0 after just 34 minutes and everyone was going crazy in the stands with a new sense of lift. we can only dream :D

Well I've still got some commitment. I'm setting off this afternoon for Ewood from Rufford on our canal boat. This will be the fourth time I've been by boat to see Rovers - the other times being for Leeds at home at Easter the season they went down (they won), United at home a few weeks later (we won) and the semi-final against Chelsea at Old Trafford last year. It would be nice symmetry to see a Rovers win on Saturday. I see Wigan haven;t conceded a goal for over 4 games so expect another high scoring game.

We should be passing the JJB tomorrow morning so I might see if I can give Steve Bruce and his lads a lift. They can help us with Wigan locks instead of a training session.

We should be cruising from Wheelton to the Navigation at Mill Hill on Saturday morning and back to Riley Green after the match so if you're around give us a wave. the boat is called Nellie, is dark green and should have a good few Rovers fans on by that time.

• Backroom
We should be cruising from Wheelton to the Navigation at Mill Hill on Saturday morning

when you emerge from the bridge at Feniscowles... give us a toot :P I'll wave at you over the back fence :tu:

Sounds like fun o2g. Hope the weather improves though, not good at the moment. No doubt it will be cosy on the boat though!

Indeed the forecast is pretty grim. You're right about the boat but to get to Ewood we need to keep on the move and do 41 locks! Still, there's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.

Well I've still got some commitment. I'm setting off this afternoon for Ewood from Rufford on our canal boat. This will be the fourth time I've been by boat to see Rovers - the other times being for Leeds at home at Easter the season they went down (they won), United at home a few weeks later (we won) and the semi-final against Chelsea at Old Trafford last year. It would be nice symmetry to see a Rovers win on Saturday. I see Wigan haven;t conceded a goal for over 4 games so expect another high scoring game.

We should be passing the JJB tomorrow morning so I might see if I can give Steve Bruce and his lads a lift. They can help us with Wigan locks instead of a training session.

We should be cruising from Wheelton to the Navigation at Mill Hill on Saturday morning and back to Riley Green after the match so if you're around give us a wave. the boat is called Nellie, is dark green and should have a good few Rovers fans on by that time.

When do you expect to pass through Adlington? I'll pass you a pint as you pass the Bridge pub :tu:

:rover: this morning i conceded we would not win the league this season,24pts behind utd with 8 games to go :closedeyes: well i hope we play 2 up front,rest santa cruz and play some lovely attacking football :unsure: or i will take a drab 1-0 victory :brfcsmilie:

Trust me to brag about commitment. The boat trip has been "blown away". The wind was just too strong today around Rufford so we have had to abandon ship so we won't be making it to Ewood on Saturday. I can cope with rain and cold but wind makes it really difficult. To top it all I then locked the boat up with both the boat and car keys inside. Anyone know a good locksmith?

Anyway I'll still be at the match, coming by more conventional means.

Trust me to brag about commitment. The boat trip has been "blown away". The wind was just too strong today around Rufford so we have had to abandon ship so we won't be making it to Ewood on Saturday. I can cope with rain and cold but wind makes it really difficult. To top it all I then locked the boat up with both the boat and car keys inside. Anyone know a good locksmith?

Anyway I'll still be at the match, coming by more conventional means.

Just hope that is not a metaphor for Rovers' performance on Saturday.

Great impromptu preview Presty. No prediction other than to say ugly, pretty spectacular, jammy, og, penalty, first minute or last minute; we have just got to win this one, please.

truthfully? HIre a car. The trains are completely up the Swannee, with replacement buses on. And as it's a bank holiday, probably twice the normal price. You should be able to get a car from about £25 a day.

if i wanted to make my first trip to ewood from london for this match, what might my best transportation option be? train? bus? other? might try and pop my cherry this weekend.

trains are often dodgy over the easter weekend but probably still the best way, unless someone can offer you an unlikely lift?

euston to manchester piccadilly the manchester victoria to blackburn, do it man.

http://www.thetrainline.com/

Archived