BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

Will he be made Captain when he comes to you I think he will.

Is that just because he went from Hull to MK Dons and was made captain? Or is this something you've actually heard?

If its just based on the fact he was made MK Dons captain then I very much doubt he'll get made Rovers captain. He came to MK Dons from a higher level club and was one of the best players on the team so you could see why he got made captain there. At Rovers this wouldnt be the case.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that just because he went from Hull to MK Dons and was made captain? Or is this something you've actually heard?

If its just based on the fact he was made MK Dons captain then I very much doubt he'll get made Rovers captain. He came to MK Dons from a higher level club and was one of the best players on the team so you could see why he got made captain there. At Rovers this wouldnt be the case.

According to his wiki,

andrews wiki

Andrews was captaining wolves when he was 21

I'm all for giving players a chance but this is the strangest transfer for a long long time.

This guy was playing in the basement of English football last season, how does Ince see him slotting into a top 10 premiership outfit?

Time will tell, if he signs, but I'm starting to crack up with all of this.........

Right with Villenuava and Castillo seemingly in the bag I will stick my neck out and say I will eat my left hand if Andrews signs. We will be up to ten first team midfielders:

Dunn, Reid, Pedersen, Emerton, Tugay, Vogel, Villenueva, Castillo, Mokoena, Bentley

Even if Mokoena and Bentley go as expected we will still have eight. And we would certainly sign a quality replcement for Bentley so we will be back up to nine. For Andrews to have any capacity in the team I would say we would need to shift at least another one, probably two midfielders.

Not going to happen. My money is on a mid table Championship club to sign him.

This just stinks of Ince making a promise to his former captain he can now ill afford to keep.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ons/7515561.stm

Fantastic.

Especially with Villaneuva and Castillo coming in - what is the need?! Personally I was a fan of Vogel too, and Dunn and Reid are there for centre mid aswell.....

Im not saying it will happen, or it won't.

I would prefer it not to be us, but we also have to trust Ince untill he is proved wrong.

I have also seen him linked with Watford, and sheffield Utd quite recently.

If Ince does sign him. :wstu:

Im not saying it will happen, or it won't.

I would prefer it not to be us, but we also have to trust Ince untill he is proved wrong.

I have also seen him linked with Watford, and Sheffield Utd quite recently.

If Ince does sign him. :wstu:

If we wanted him that bad they would not transfer list him, surely.

What financial or management sense does that make?

In what way? I very much doubt MK Dons would want to sell him unless they had to, he was the best player in the league last season as much as I don't think he'd be remotely good enough for Rovers. Can't see what you're trying to suggest...

I just have a firm belief that Andrews was promised something and is now pushing the issue. Not arguing with you logic at all, I do not believe that he is good enough for Fulham never mind Rovers.

I just have a firm belief that Andrews was promised something and is now pushing the issue. Not arguing with you logic at all, I do not believe that he is good enough for Fulham never mind Rovers.

Oh right, that may be the case. And I don't even think he's good enough for the top half of the Championship...

I really don;t get this Andrews interest at all.

Castillo and Villanueva are by all accounts class international acts but as we stand today, Ince has not yet even met Roberts, Ooijer, Mokoena and Emerton whom I believe are scheduled to join the training camp later this week after being given a break following World Cup or Euro duties.

No way can I see Andrews being remotely capable of keeping any version of Bert out of the Rovers team and frankly I doubt Andrews would get much of a chance of commanding a place ahead of the Axe.

Why do we need a 10th choice midfielder who sets us back north of £1m?

When I checked BBC teletext late Saturday afternoon, there was a report that we were interested in Andrews, who was now available for transfer. When I checked later that night, the story had disappeared. Very strange.

Posted elsewhere what a stupid move this is, and that in all likelihood he wouldn't compair well to Mokoena and Vogel, let alone some of the top cm he would come across.

You do wonder why Ince would want to do it. There are no mitigating circumstances such as a long term injury for him plying his trade in league 2, and when you consider the gulf in class between the premiership and championship alone (for example how many teams who come up, go straight back down) you wonder how on earth Ince thinks he'd make a positive contribution to the rovers squad.

Posted elsewhere what a stupid move this is, and that in all likelihood he wouldn't compair well to Mokoena and Vogel, let alone some of the top cm he would come across.

You do wonder why Ince would want to do it. There are no mitigating circumstances such as a long term injury for him plying his trade in league 2, and when you consider the gulf in class between the premiership and championship alone (for example how many teams who come up, go straight back down) you wonder how on earth Ince thinks he'd make a positive contribution to the rovers squad.

He would make Mokoena look good, so could it be a boost for moral?

Or a sneaky way of making our midfield work harder?

I have been trying to rationalize this and this is all I have, sorry.

Oh and my conspiracy theory about friends and promises.

Archived