BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Derbyshire

Hughesy

If they agreed to pay his wages and gave us a fee as well then it made sense to move Derbyshire on. He was 3/4th choice depending on the situation and was never going to be a starter unless we had a really bad run of injuries, especially as we have the option of playing only one up front or of putting Diouf up there. He's never been an effective starter and he never will be, his bit of pace and headless chicken running can cause problems for the opposition towards the end of matches, but we should still have better striking options at the club. If he's our 5th choice then I think it works, but he has too big of a role in the current team.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derbyshire & Roberts upfront if we go down, with maybe someone like Lita as back-up. Frightening!!

Aside from Santa Cruz - which of our other players would be on Prem clubs' shopping lists? Apart from Samba and Warnock, I wouldnt be greatly bothered if we sold anyone else if we went down.

Derbyshire & Roberts upfront if we go down, with maybe someone like Lita as back-up. Frightening!!

What's wrong with Lita?

Better then Roberts, IMO. Reading suffered in the Prem when he stopped playing.

I think there was more to it, though. Anyone care to enlighten me? Attitude, was it?

Aside from Santa Cruz - which of our other players would be on Prem clubs' shopping lists? Apart from Samba and Warnock, I wouldnt be greatly bothered if we sold anyone else if we went down.

nelsen would interest the likes of newcastle and the other teams with garbage defences.

stoke will sign anyone over 6ft

hull, boro and sunderland would sign anyone willing to live there.

emerton, pedersen, and anyone else who is a current international would interest any desperate manager on deadline day.

the ones i'm sure we are stuck with for the duration of their contracts are Dunn, Robinson, Grella and reid. as no chairman would sanction a move for any of them as there is no value in it. and between them i expect we are paying £130k+ a week in wages, hopefully a clause that reduces that if we go down as none are close to value for us.

and were left with roberts and his rubber clogs.

Derbs would have slotted that chance away, but would he have actually been able to hold off the defenders and create it in the first place, a bad miss by Jason, not as bad as his one at Sunderland but still that would be 4 extra points had he taken those two chances.

• 2 weeks later...
After todays missed chances, it's time for a return to Ewood for Matt IMO.

BS says RSC could be out for a couple of weeks yet.

We need a third striker, to change things around in the last 20 min or so.

I agree, I McCarthy has been utterly disappointing this year but so has a lot of the team. Roberts tries, he is a hard worker even though he is not the best. I would not mind seeing Derbs back in action for Rovers paired with Roberts.

I doubt we have an option to recall him.

Furthermore, it was a joke to let him go without signing any replacement at the same time.

Well we bloody well should have, if the club agreed a loan, with no call back in our position, someone's has a lot to answer for.

Archived