BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Away Preview 13th December

Majiball

I don't think I've ever been as angry at a game as I was today.

When the 2nd went in I just turned all the anger on to the hapless Paul Ince, the 'We want Incey out' chants grew as the game went on and the chants were very audible by the end of the game. I hope, in my own small way, I've helped drive the final nail in his coffin. I don't feel any less of a supporter for doing so, I care passionately about my club and I don't want us to disappear without a trace, which is the ONLY outcome with this man in charge.

If the lack of anti Ince chanting in the Liverpool game helped keep him in a job, I'd be quite sure that the opposite will be the case after what happened today. There can be no other outcome apart from Ince being relieved of his duties by Monday at the latest.

I was also astonished to see some fans clapping the players off at the end, quite what they'd seen that made them think they deserved it is beyond me.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not even angry, I ceased being angry after the Sunderland game. I'm quite calm because I've already accepted relegation . Try it, you'll feel better right away. I'll even get a good nights sleep tonight, no tossing and turning because it's over. The fickle gods who determine our fate have decreed Paul Ince will take my team down into the depths and who am I to argue ?

I don't think I've ever been as angry at a game as I was today.

When the 2nd went in I just turned all the anger on to the hapless Paul Ince, the 'We want Incey out' chants grew as the game went on and the chants were very audible by the end of the game. I hope, in my own small way, I've helped drive the final nail in his coffin. I don't feel any less of a supporter for doing so, I care passionately about my club and I don't want us to disappear without a trace, which is the ONLY outcome with this man in charge.

If the lack of anti Ince chanting in the Liverpool game helped keep him in a job, I'd be quite sure that the opposite will be the case after what happened today. There can be no other outcome apart from Ince being relieved of his duties by Monday at the latest.

I was also astonished to see some fans clapping the players off at the end, quite what they'd seen that made them think they deserved it is beyond me.

If rumours are true that the board took a lack of anti Ince sentiment in that game as a sign we were backing him then it's understandable why fans wanted to make sure the board were in no doubt about their current feelings. It was really sad to see fans turning on each other. Some of the stewards near us were getting some dogs abuse for doing their job. It's all down to the ill-feeling being generated by the current situation. I've never felt so dejected during a game.

Just got home.

All I can say is this, fail to prepare, prepare to fail. That is exactly what I saw today, absolute disgrace.

whoever organised, designed and ran the warm-up should have his P45 rammed down his throat and banished from our club.

We where never going to start the game as we needed to after that, its the sort of thing you see at county level, proper old school. Our players had no chance they where twenty minutes or so behind.

If our management team honestly feel they did their best today to get the lads in the frame of mind and physical condition for a game of elite football, then I hate to think what training is like.

I no longer care how much it costs I'd rather have the wally with the brolly than the clown with a frown.

Our coaching is sub-standard, it shows.

The anger and frustration is reaching boiling point on the terraces, I saw a couple of police incidents (no idea what they where, someone else?). It can't go on.

Sack him tonight, start looking first thing then you got 6 days before the next game.

TIME TO ACT NOW!

Going pub to get absolutely hammered.

TCO just curious did you clap the players at the end? Was the radio correct in saying that the majority of fans clapped the players at the final whistle?

Hmm some were clapping but some were giving V's etc when Ooijer, Warnock, Santa and Emerton came over - I think the negative stuff was aimed at the first 2/3. My Brother says these players looked visibly disheartened but I don't think the 'players' deserved any form of applause - although I think the applause was for them coming over to the fans.

There was a lot of anti Ince chants and arguing - the players seemed at war. Only Dunn and Emerton actually looked like they cared, maybe Derbyshire too, which was sad. Roque will be gone january, and it doesn't bother me; he doesn't care <_<

Trouble at Blackburn Station too, a few Burnley fans were down there and some chavs got in a bit of a hoo hah with them

One guy was standing up most of the game and was eventually asked to leave part way through the second half, and then it all kicked off. A bit of pushing and shoving a couple of others fans got involved and the police piled in with predictable consequences.

Thought the fans provided more offense then the team today.

Didn't really notice the warm up, will look out for it next time. Wouldn't suprise me that it's poor - everything else about the current regime is.

Also wasn't pleasant being sat next to three complete idiots - total scumbags of the Earth and make me ashamed to be a Rover sometimes. Standing and leaning across other supporters while making hand gestures to police officers is not big, nor is going to the concourse every five minutes during the match.

I know what you mean and sitting next to low life, ignorant, £2 an hour, boors winds me up no end. BUT We weren't sold out so why did you not move?

So...how does this stand in the list of our all-time worst runs? It was the worst over a decade a few weeks back, must be a lot longer than that now.

Worst since 1978/79 I believe...so just the three decades now since a worse run.

We sure as hell did not finish in the top half in the richest league in the world the three seasons before that however,..

I was at the match, the support from the fans was excellent. The fans left the players in no doubt that they were supporting them and the club and not the manager.

I heard from two reliable sources that (edit)- in their opinion - the players were playing to lose, they are not happy with the manager or the training methods which are apparently basically running around the field a couple of times. It also seems that agents are busy touting around ourplayers looking for new clubs for them.

Our club is on the brink of being ruined. The manager must go immediately, enough is enough.

I was at the match, the support from the fans was excellent. The fans left the players in no doubt that they were supporting them and the club and not the manager.

I heard from two reliable sources that the players were playing to lose, they are not happy with the manager or the training methods which are apparently basically running around the field a couple of times. It also seems that agents are busy touting around ourplayers looking for new clubs for them.

Our club is on the brink of being ruined. The manager must go immediately, enough is enough.

If true, that's utterly disgraceful. But there's a lot of this kind of stuff which goes round...

I heard from two reliable sources that the players were playing to lose, they are not happy with the manager or the training methods which are apparently basically running around the field a couple of times. It also seems that agents are busy touting around ourplayers looking for new clubs for them.

Another Premier League club where somebody I used to work with now works had approaches from agents representing between them nine Rovers players following the debacle at Man U. I have the names concerned and will NOT respond to PMs.

Apparently this is normal at this time of the year, or maybe not....

Cannot comment on your other observations.

You're generally not one to come out with something so sensational roversmum, but I can't believe for a minute the players were playing to lose - surely not.

Mind you, thinking back to the game, it would be a plausible explanation for what I saw.

I'm sorry, I probably didn't phrase that too well. The sources said that in their opinion the players were playing to lose but the stuff about them being unhappy and wanting to move was not an opinion but what they were told.

wig01280x36519057aqb5.jpg

Anyone fancy a caption contest?

Before the game...

Bruce: Thanks for the sure win today Incey.

Ince: You know, sometimes you've gotta just laugh about it, you know.

After the game...

Bruce: Thanks for the sure win today Incey.

Ince: You know, sometimes you've gotta just laugh about it, you know.

These no nothing journalists would change their tune if this clown was managing a team they supported or if ince was foreign, i don't remember the sympathy angle from journalists about prize nuggets like gross and ramos or even ardiles who never had records appoaching anything like as bad as ours. Or was it that they all managed spuds and all journos support them.

Journos a) don't give a monkeys about blackburn B) feel we fans should'nt give a monkeys either and c) that 17 games and 13pts is'nt a complete failure that does'nt simply get compounded the more time this clueless joker is given.

I think that photo is from before kick-off. But he normally does have a laugh with the opposition manager after they've just beaten us convincingly.

There was a post-match cuddle as well but it would have been a remarkable transformation from the stunned almost tearful visage to that smile if that photo were taken then.

After the game, was there any abuse to the players at the bottom? Because like I stated early, some came over sheepishly but not sure on what happened!

There was a lot of isolated shouting and hand gestures going on but to be fair there was a lot of clapping too. God knows why.

Archived