BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Away Preview 13th December

Majiball

I don't disagree with the team being on the slide prior to Ince's appointment - in fact I alluded to it on here on numerous occasions. That said, facts are facts, there is no way that a team that finishes 7th should slide so quickly to where we find ourselves now and the acceleration of the process is down to Paul Ince.

I also firmly believe that our squad is not in the worst three in this league, under the right manager with the right organisation it's safe in mid table without a doubt.

One thing is for sure though, we have the worst manager in the Premiership by a country mile.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see any incident but ive been told there was fighting between various sections of the Rovers fans. Apparently, the police were actively making arrests? The reason was that some people didn't agree with some fans chanting against Ince. Does anybody know if this is true?

Just watching MOTD2 and they have us and West brom in a seperate league to everyone else.

Yes it really is that bad!

:(

I saw that! All this in 5 months!Cant believe our club is turning into this joke!

If Ince is in charge vs Stoke the board will have lost all my respect! Ince has lost the players

and the supporters! We need to start again before all hope is lost!

Major questions must be asked of the attitude of a majority of the players who quite simply appear not to put in much ''effort''.

Say what you like about being managed by Ince, being played out of position, wrong tactics, injuries and the like but they are no excuse for not ''trying''.

These players don't want to play for ROVERS nevermind Ince

I include all of yesterdays side in this (apart from Emerton who gave his all) although Santa Cruz and Warnock/Pederson/Andrews get special mention for being blatantly lazy and complete sh*t respectively.

Gutless overpaid scumbags.

And I saw the whole game live on TV

Well said AllRoverAsia thats how I see it, this extends much more than just the management team.

Alll this we are behind the team whilst stabbing their boss in the back to the chairmen because they hide their own weaknesses and short comings.

Would not surprise me in the slightest.

Firstly us the fans, well its always us that suffer. What is going on at our club? we read about how behind the manager the players are, about how they will fight and scrap and we get that.

We are the most poorly organised side in the league.

We have no width, it does not change when we have possession, we are just over half a pitch wide all the time. our winger play more as inside rights. We are devoid of ideas our players do not look to create space, we have no interchange. I will be surprised if we score ten more goals all season.

We lost yesterday because of a bad start. That bad start as I said yesterday before my mission to drink Liverpool dry commenced, was caused by our management team.

I wish to explain my comments about the warm up.

I'm fairly sure most on here understand the concept of a warm-up and what its meant to do.

1.) Pass the ball in a triangle one touch. - very low-intensity session. No challenge for players of our ability, this session needs something to make them think, and make decisions just as they would in a a game. They will not even have to check where he is, it is pre-programmed they will slip into auto-pilot.

2.) Running up and down, medium intensity, just so you all know the coach did not stretch the trunk area or the arms he missed them. 1 min jogging was followed by one minute of players doing the stretches they wanted, some didn't even stretch. This is the part that you want to really get them working they didn't even do s full blown sprint.

3.) Next 5 min possession three teams two keep possession the third chases down. Now at the half way point this is the first time that we created a situation that the players would have in the game, however. Anyone who has played has done these drills a thousand times knows how to play the game. When you have possession you pass it round the outside in a circle so you are always one step ahead. When doing this you don't need to move no physical exertion. Now at the same time how challenging do you think that is to our players, they could do that in there sleep.

You'll notice a lot of teams do this, however the session can be redesigned to better simulate a game. The current session has no point retain the ball, you do not do that in football. In football you retain the ball with the focus of getting it into goalscoring opportunity. Putting some players on the outside would help stop the passing in a circle, goals something. Its obvious to me we do a lot of this its reflected in our play we retain the ball and pass it round well at times but we have no focus to it.

4.) Next they all got in a square and passed the ball round to the right over and over with a lay-off in it. Repetitive drivel. You do the same pass every time, no variation no decisions to be made, you will slip into auto-pilot. This is exactly what they did they have had 15 Min's so far of sessions they could play with there eyes closed. After your pass a short jog in the direction the ball went was done. Low-intensity, players spend more time stood still waiting than playing.

5.) Now whilst most fans where enjoying watching our lads strike some shots on goal I almost cried and a beer was sought out. why spend 15 Min's in a vain attempt to raise our players core temperature and then have them stand in a line holding a ball!!! what a waste. Chip the ball into the coach he sets you up and you strike on goal. Now whilst I like the inclusion of shooting most clubs don't practice this in a warm-up. Do it in a different scenario add mini goals into the possession section. Do not have our players stand round doing SFA their bodies are no where near peek temperature, they where not ready. while they are standing round for most of the last ten minutes there core temp muscle temp have all started dropping back down, its a bit like going back in 30 minutes before kick-off.

After this they went in 20 Min's before kick-off, so a long chat before the game, great info overload. We never had a chance yesterday the game was lost before kick off in our managements poor excuse for preparation "fail to prepare, prepare to fail".

Cold start to the most important game in our recent history, what where you thinking Ince did your party life-style hang-overs could your memory? How can you have been at the level you have and not even think would that get me in the right frame of mind/physical condition?

Thorough manager my arse, thoroughly incompetent and out of his depth, it shows.

If thats the warm-up the day to day training must be of similar low quality, its a disgrace to the elite game, it has no place in the modern game. Modern coaching has moved to the creation of sessions that re-create game situations on varying scales. You must put players in situations that challenge their heads as much as there feet IE choices, decisions. Re-create situations from a game, so visually they can relate it to a game scenario and then make the right/wrong choice. If players can constantly recognise scenarios in a game that they have done in training they will be in a better position, to make the correct choice in the game as "they" will have figured it out by re-hearsing it in training.

Our coaching is a joke I have no doubt after yesterday I question the ability of all of our back-room team if thats their best effort as we where lead to believe, disgraceful.

We are going down. Change is required I could design a better warm-up and I'm not joking I'd be prepared to do it the players can be the judges.

WILLIAMS ACT NOW AFTER WHAT I SAW TODAY OUR YOUTH COACHES COULD DO A BETTER JOB, SOD IT I COULD, MOST ON HERE COULD, YOU PROBABLY COULD JW.

We have gone from the modern tafia to the Neanderthal nob's, you must see the difference JW, your a clever man think about it.

I'd rather have the wally with the brolly than the clown with a frown, sack him.

EDIT: Quote from Ince "As for Blackburn's dreadful first-half display, Ince said: 'If you go two down in 12 minutes, it doesn't matter whether you are Fabio Capello or Sir Alex Ferguson, you're up against it. " No because neither of those two would have sent there players out as you did to be in the position in the first place!!!!

Excellent post Majiball shows up all the weaknessses of preperation and further embarrasses John Williams and the board in allowing this kind of thing to go on for far too long .

Where on earth can you begin to explain that shocking performance yesterday? Don't think I'm going to try and get any meaning out of it other than the fact Ince needs to be sacked immediately....ten minutes in and I may as well have gone back to the pub.

Two points to make about yesterday:

-What on earth was up with the amount of in fighting amongst our fans in the stands? I turned around on several occasions to see disagreements taking place to the point where you thought punches were going to be thrown.

-Personally for me if we don't get three points next week at home to Stoke I think we are as good as doomed. It has to be said that with hindsight the next three games for us are absolutely massive:

Stoke (Home) 13th

Sunderland (Away) 18th

Man City (Home) 17th

We'll either close the gap or find ourselves cut adrift in the relegation zone and our fate will be sealed.

When I got there after a ball ache of a journey, I nearly walked out when I saw the team sheet, I was just gobsmacked, no one around me could believe it.

After 13 minutes I wish I had left earlier, after a week of build up and "Eye of the tiger" comments, they have the neck to serve up that rubbish!!!??

It's not just Ince, it's the entire shooting match, it's just absolutely urine poor, all of it!

We let him and JW know what we thought, the atmosphere at our end was just grim, realy grim and JW should do something about it TODAY!

He should now do the honourable thing and resign and take his entire team (And Johnny X and Mr Blobby, with him), also, watching his interview I seriously think he needs help! I thought he was going to burst into tears! Which is exactly what we need now isn't it ? (FFS)

As for the players: Only plus point for me, Dunn.

Negatives: EVERYONE else needs a long hard look at themselves, they are clearly having a laugh at our expense.

Moment that summed it all up, Wigans 2nd goal, shocking goal in every respect for us and then the icing on the cake, Warnock and Samba having a go at MGP???!!! So, his marker goes AWOL AGAIN! (Warnock) and then, the guy that could step in and mark his Man (Samba) joins him on holiday and lets him have a free shot, and according to them both, it is MGP's fault, and they all fall out???

WTF is going on at our club? It's completely trashed!!!!

I only got into the ground at quarter past three at 2-0.

What I witnessed after that was embarrassing - probably one of the worst halfs of football I have seen in thirty years of watching Rovers.

Setting Paul Ince to one side for a minute - THE PLAYERS WERE AN EMBARRASSMENT- what happened to all the lyrics in the papers last week?

You can all talk the talk on your huge salaries, but you proved on saturday that not many of you can walk the walk. Shame on you all.

One glimmer of hope - David Dunn. He looked like it meant something.

My view of the match was,Wigan were a one man team and Valencia beat us on his own...He murdered Warnock but in fairness to him Warnock should have had some support dealing with him .I remember Wilcox and Riply being just as good defenders as wingers getting as many bookings as any full back....

My view of the match was,Wigan were a one man team and Valencia beat us on his own...He murdered Warnock but in fairness to him Warnock should have had some support dealing with him .I remember Wilcox and Riply being just as good defenders as wingers getting as many bookings as any full back....

Indeed. Lets not forget that under a proper manager Warnock had Ronaldo in hius back pocket just last April.

Not the correct thread, but it is about an away game.

I have just been told I have won a trip på London this spring. And I think it will be the weekend when we face Stoke Away. That is on a Sunday and I think my collegues will travel back to Norway early Sunday.

I am planning on going to Stoke to see the game, but I am a little bit anxious travelling alone here bcause I've heard a lot of nasty stuff about the Stoke supporters.

Is this a safe game to go to?

How long will a trip by train to Stoke-on-trent take?

I know I have to stick up for my team and I want to sing my heart out together with my fellow supporters in this relegation battle we will face !

Cheers for the answers.

Not the correct thread, but it is about an away game.

I have just been told I have won a trip på London this spring. And I think it will be the weekend when we face Stoke Away. That is on a Sunday and I think my collegues will travel back to Norway early Sunday.

I am planning on going to Stoke to see the game, but I am a little bit anxious travelling alone here bcause I've heard a lot of nasty stuff about the Stoke supporters.

Is this a safe game to go to?

How long will a trip by train to Stoke-on-trent take?

I know I have to stick up for my team and I want to sing my heart out together with my fellow supporters in this relegation battle we will face !

Cheers for the answers.

Stoke do have a reputation and trouble is there if want to find it, but its as safe as anywhere if you are sensible and keep your eyes open.

Its less than two hours from London Euston train station.

Come along and sing your heart out -we need you!

:rover: well what a shambles saturday was,

robbo- is he ever going to save a shot

ooijer -best of a bad bunch

nelsen-finished

samba-come dancing is his game

warnock-to all those who wanted him in defence,that preformancw summed up why ince played him in midfield

bert-average

andrews - not the worst player in rovers team but a squad player only

tugay-to old

pedersen-not worth a mention

santa - embarrsing

derbs- runs all day,but thats it

dunnie was the only shining light,if ince is sacked the new man needs 30 million to buy a twam because 9 out of the 11 ain't good enough :xmas::brfc:

Its not the team that is the problem - its the tactics, the confidence and the belief - the manager is at major fault and its a shame some people still cant see that.

This current team (without Ince & management staff) are more than capable of a 10th place finish, even with our current players. GET RID OF THE MUPPET SHOW TODAY!!

Downhearted, disillusioned , disappointed -36D so what!!!

How many more d's do I need

Just the one - DOWN - because that is exactly where we are going and I honestly think it.

Now I know why people have been getting so worked up.

I have seen some bad performances over myyears of watching Rovers but that was just an embarrasment - it was so bad its laughable but then again its not, but the the whole aspect is that there was no performance what so ever - we where as good as two nil down as soon as the 1st one went in which had been coming anyway.

Only Emerton, Dunny and maybe just slightly OOJER (out of position) and Derbs (albeit in a headless chicken mode - at least he tried) can deserve any credit from it.

The substitution was correct in taking off Pedersen but the the removal of a left winger without replacing like for like (Treacy was on the bench) made us even worse.

How the hell they can call themselves professional is a joke, we are being conned and lied to with the wax lyrical comments and all the more evidenced with the abject illusion performances they are creating on the pitch in front of our eyes.

Wigan where not good , we where beaten by one man (Valencia)

Honestly people doesn't matter who comes in now - I think we have had it.

As for the fans -not sure of the clapping at the end , maybe was just token gesture for those that came over- me I was screaming WHY?? They had every right to shout abuse of what ever kind after that absolute shower of sheite.

If it is possible to salvage - people have more confidence than me, however if no victory against the Stokies then D-Day will be back - blood will be shed at Ewood and expect the in house fighting.

On a side note and as already mentioned - just like to say well done to Dunny -out for all that time and played like it meant something (Captain) - shame on the rest bar the ones named enough.

An absolute Shambles and I am definitely convinced now Ince needs to go ( as well as some certain players)

Its not the team that is the problem - its the tactics, the confidence and the belief - the manager is at major fault and its a shame some people still cant see that.

This current team (without Ince & management staff) are more than capable of a 10th place finish, even with our current players. GET RID OF THE MUPPET SHOW TODAY!!

:rover: it's not the team thats the problem,your having a bloody laugh,they were pathetic on saturday and if you can't see that you need help.if incey was sacked a new manager needs at least 6 new players,30 million pounds that the board will never release,no one can survive with the players we have :xmas::brfc:

if incey was sacked a new manager needs at least 6 new players,30 million pounds that the board will never release,no one can survive with the players we have

What utter rubbish. Look at Redknapp has done produced at Spurs.

Your post further above on some of the players on saturday is much of the same.. Emerton wasn't average at all

:rover: it's not the team thats the problem,your having a bloody laugh,they were pathetic on saturday and if you can't see that you need help.if incey was sacked a new manager needs at least 6 new players,30 million pounds that the board will never release,no one can survive with the players we have :xmas::brfc:

Point is though that a team is always or should always be better than the sum of its parts. A good team carries players when they are having an off day and if everyone in the team does what they are supposed to do then you are more likely to succeed. We've never, even in the league winning days had a team of superstars but we have had a team. What we saw on Saturday was a set of individuals running around like a group of strangers who have met for the first time just as they went out on the pitch. We could buy the best players in the world if money were no object but it still wouldn't mean we'd win everything unless we learnt how to get those players playing together .

What utter rubbish. Look at Redknapp has done produced at Spurs.

Your post further above on some of the players on saturday is much of the same.. Emerton wasn't average at all

:rover: did you go to the game.are we going to appiont redknapp,spurs have a far superior squad than us.any manager worth his salt will want big money to spen because the players are poor.and going on a jolly to dublin just puts the lid on it :xmas::brfc:

Archived