BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Away Preview 13th December

Majiball

1864 you do seem to have "contacts" in the strangest places.

Someone who lives near Sam Allardyce and can see into his house...

A steward in the players corridor at Wigan.

Hmm....

Am I fortunate ?

Family in Bolton (wife's side).

Mate's partner in the Steward Department.

Contacts at LFA in Leyland who are "in the footballing circle".

Nothing odd about that, it takes allsorts ^_^

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I fortunate ?

Family in Bolton (wife's side).

Mate's partner in the Steward Department.

Contacts at LFA in Leyland who are "in the footballing circle".

Nothing odd about that, it takes allsorts ^_^

Sorry...what you said about the Rovers steward does seem entirely plausible.

It's just there have been folks on here who have been fabricating stuff in an attempt to seem "in the know" (Hughesy?) so I was just getting a bit miffed as we don't need that right now.

Sorry...what you said about the Rovers steward does seem entirely plausible.

It's just there have been folks on here who have been fabricating stuff in an attempt to seem "in the know" (Hughesy?) so I was just getting a bit miffed as we don't need that right now.

Hughesy was not fabricating jack@@@@.

Nicko knew it and so did a number of other sources.

There was a slight mis-judgment over the timing of the whole event though...

No, Hughesy said Ince had already been sacked after a board meeting on Sunday. He made a topic saying he'd already been sacked which got merged into the main thread.

Nicko said Rovers had been making telephone calls to Sunderland (which was also reported by other papers) and then made a prediction that he'd be sacked in the next two days.

TG I am not in the know and dont claim to be.

I havent a clue as to whether Rovers have actually approached BFS.

I havent a clue who, if any, of the Rovers players are actually falling out with anyone, and despite me visiting LFA almost 3 times a week, there can be no doubt that in football circles its a case of "when" he is sacked not "if", but again, no names have ever been suggested to me as to who a potential replacement may be.

Granted, the names of BFS and Souness have come from the media and tomorrow, I would expect hysteria to take over with the ongoing speculation about Ince.

I wish I could provide more information, but even at the Academy games, lips are sealed :o

Certain defeat.

....and that's being optimistic!

I'd go for the booing myself if it weren't for the Boylesports Gold Cup.

Now for my considered reaction.........

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

We want Incey Out...we want Incey Out

We want Incey Out...we want Incey Out

You don't know what your doin'

You don't know what your doin'

Cherio Cheerio Cheerio.......

Absolute shambles Ince.....

....and if you want compo forget it you incompetent fool...you are guilty of gross misconduct at this club.

Goodbye and good riddance.

Also the Rovers board bottled the sacking. If it hadn't come out in the media before hand, it may have happened. I also do not think Hughesy was fabricating. It was common knowledge in the media that Rovers had made phone call enquiries about other managers.

Also the Rovers board bottled the sacking. If it hadn't come out in the media before hand, it may have happened. I also do not think Hughesy was fabricating. It was common knowledge in the media that Rovers had made phone call enquiries about other managers.

Hughesy said he had already been fired and that it was going to be formally announced the following morning. That is a little different to the business with the phone calls.

not going into too much tonight, but tactically inept, no pace, no service from either wing, Andrews shouldn't be in this league - he offers nothing. Never looked like scoring, always looked like conceding. Usual hopeless substitutions [Roberts right wing, Treacy]?

Not one single positive to take from this game. Still, let's not moan eh? :angry2:

Edit: Nope, just thought of a positive. Dunny did well when he came on.

• Backroom

Just back and not read anything but here's my thoughts:

- Enough is enough its time to go, today was do or die and we know what happened.

- Over the 90 minutes only Emo and Dunn showed any spirit.

- For what it's worth I didn't agree with the Chavs singing Ince out, we want our rovers back etc before the game even kicked off but when it went 3-0 i let my thoughts be known.

- The substitutions were baffling beyond belief, nobody seemed to know where they were playing

- £18 million for Roque??? SELL SELL SELL

- Warnock and Nelsen in particular should be ashamed

- The fans did all we could and got behind them from the start (apart from the Stone Island brigade)

• Backroom
TCO just curious did you clap the players at the end? Was the radio correct in saying that the majority of fans clapped the players at the final whistle?

I must admit I shamefully left with 5 mins to go, treacey coming on was the final straw for the guy who was driving us.

The only players worthy of any appluase would have been Emo, Dunn and to an extent Robinson.

As much as I want him out now I found the 'stand up if you hate Paul Ince' chant from the Stone Islanders pathetic. There were quite a few cross words shouted between the bulk of rovers fans and the idiots to be fair.

Edit: Nope, just thought of a positive. Dunny did well when he came on.

Yeah, until Toogs went off and Ince moved Dunny back to the defensive midfield position. That move put an end to any thoughts of a comeback.

Anyone - Was it too cold for Benni?

not going into too much tonight, but tactically inept, no pace, no service from either wing, Andrews shouldn't be in this league - he offers nothing. Never looked like scoring, always looked like conceding. Usual hopeless substitutions [Roberts right wing, Treacy]?

Not one single positive to take from this game.

You sound just like Richard Dinnis!

You sound just like Richard Dinnis!

No, it's me honest.

Another point. Remember Spurs running Olssen ragged a week or two back and Ince doing absolutely nothing and it cost us the game when we went down to ten men? Exactly the same today, - Valencia had the beating of Warnock straight from the kick off and was being exposed and had no cover whatsoever. It happened all through the first half. Watch the first two goals tonight and remember what I've just said.

No, it's me honest.

Another point. Remember Spurs running Olssen ragged a week or two back and Ince doing absolutely nothing and it cost us the game when we went down to ten men? Exactly the same today, - Valencia had the beating of Warnock straight from the kick off and was being exposed and had no cover whatsoever. It happened all through the first half. Watch the first two goals tonight and remember what I've just said.

Valencia is a top player when allowed to be. Easily stopped with proper tactics though.

Did anyone who went think we would get as much as a point even before they scored?

They looked as if they couldn't be botherered to get out of second gear - but Wigan didn't need to try if truth be told.

Our defending has been the same every game I have been to. Unfortunately it is not down to individual errors but is systemic. The players look almost embarrassed to be having the audacity to play out of defence when they are just not good enough to do so at this level now the opposition managers have got us sussed. We need to be the side chasing to close down the other team but we make it easy for them. All other teams have to do is leave us to play, wait for the error and then counter-attack with the pace we do not have.

The fault is totally due to Ince - we do not have the players to play the "good football" he gets off on. He is not ( and never will be ) the man to manage a team in the premiership with average players and low resources.

Did you hear his interview on Radio Lancs? - he is asking for money to buy better players in January - making his excuses to protect his own career more like.

What about the end of the game though? - we mainly drifted away with scarcely a cross word - most seem resigned to relegation. If that is the case lets take the sad fleuker with us and ruin his career - make him see out his contract.

If we do not want to indulge in this exercise in SM he must go NOW when there is a small chance a replacement might just keep us up. What idiot would want to wreck their career by taking over when we are several points adrift from safety in January?

TO THE BOARD - SACK INCE NOW OR ANNOUNCE HE WILL SERVE OUT HIS CONTRACT POLISHING HIS MANAGERIAL SKILLS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

The game was over after ten minutes. This was close to being as bad as anything I've seen this season, and yes the players have to take some of the the responsibility, for example: Warnock, who was at fault for both early goals and RSC who should have been taken off at half time: a complete and utter disgrace. Tugay was really poor, with Nelsen not far behind.

A small group of spotty kids tried to get anti-Ince chants going early on and were shouted down by a majority of Rovers fans, but after the third went in it got worse, but not a majority by any means. The fans did clap the players off, but it's difficult to imagine why.

Ince cut a sad figure stood alone on the touchline for most of the second half, knowing his tenure is probably coming to an end.

I'm afraid Philip's post is way out of order: wanting the team to lose is a slight on the 3,000 Rovers fans, who for most part really got behind the team today.

The game was over after ten minutes. This was close to being as bad as anything I've seen this season, and yes the players have to take some of the the responsibility, for example: Warnock, who was at fault for both early goals and RSC who should have been taken off at half time: a complete and utter disgrace. Tugay was really poor, with Nelsen not far behind.

A small group of spotty kids tried to get anti-Ince chants going early on and were shouted down by a majority of Rovers fans, but after the third went in it got worse, but not a majority by any means. The fans did clap the players off, but it's difficult to imagine why.

Ince cut a sad figure stood alone on the touchline for most of the second half, knowing his tenure is probably coming to an end.

I'm afraid Philip's post is way out of order: wanting the team to lose is a slight on the 3,000 Rovers fans, who for most part really got behind the team today.

I must be honest a few days ago I said Rovers supporters should chant Ince out etc at the next game - upon reflextion, I consider that is the wrong way to go about it. YES I want Ince out, but I also want the team to get good results. so at the matches it is right to get behind the team and hope, often against hope for a Rovers victory. People will clap the team in the hope that things can get better - which we all hope will be the case. The players confidence must be shot to pieces by now and it is obvious this pathetic excuse of management is not helping them - therefore it has to be the supporters to give them a lift - hence the clapping.

I think what could be done is local supporters turning up outside Ewood Park tomorrow - as many as possible - chanting Ince out. Local media would hear about it. The board would be embarrassed and maybe sack Ince.

But Paul, even you can see the point he is making.

Each and everyone of those travelling fans has been let down. By the players, the management and the board.

It isnt getting any better despite a week of upheaval.

Next week we see 4500 stokies coming North (Rovers declined to sell a further 2500 tickets to them) and we will see just how up for survival Rovers are.

I simply cannot see any hope for Rovers and I recall the heady days of going back into Div 3 and beamish and the like when we couldnt even pass to each other it was so bad.

This current crop of players under this stewardship are WORSE, FAR WORSE than we have ever witnessed at Ewood and that is after a top 7 finish just 7 months ago.

We have witnessed Rovers in a transition period, we have seen them finish midtable. The mediocrity on offer now is 500% regression, there is NOTHING positive to say and there are few words available that will comfort even the most optimistic of Rovers fans.

This club, in its current state is finished. Time has arrived for positive action and the bullet has to be fired.

Excuses wear thin. All Ince has to do is admit his shortcomings as a coach and only then can he move on. He never learns from his mistakes because it repeats itself week after week, game after game.

Archived