BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Away Preview 13th December

Majiball

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sir Alan and Lee Dixon continue to say Ince needs more time and they were putting the blame on the players. They both reckon Ince needs until January... :rolleyes:

Smug bstards aren't they? They conveniently manage to ignore the improvements in Spurs, Newcastle and now Sland gained by potting their bad managers.

its easy for them to say wait until Jan, if we are too far behind to catch up, they will not care, its means nothing to them, they will have new topics

i feel that inorder for the players to become confident again they need a change, players just look lost out there, it has to be the manager and his signing have been a nightmare, Robinson still worries me, there is something about him that makes me feel unconfident

Bentley is playing superb against Man U...

F**king hell what has happened to us, that performance on MOTD then was just the most depressing show of football I have seen in a long time.

I hope John Williams and the Board are (Please don't use that word again)ing pleased with what they have done to our beloved football team through their lack of financial support and the shambles of an appointment that had to be made due to the aforementioned lack of support.

God I am so p1ssed off

We cannot go down, we must improve, things have to change!

That in the end was a very good result.

The lads put effort in and all over the pitch really looked like they cared passionately.

We still got stuffed with no organisation and players instructed to play out of position all over the field. Wigan looked Premier League class- we looked like school kids chasing the ball about and no shape when we were in posession and preciously little clue when Wigan were running at us.

It is a very good result because:

It is definitive- well beaten

There was no bad luck

That was pretty close (excepting Grella and Reid) to as strong a squad to chose from as we have got so no real injury whingeing is permissable

There can only be one conclusion....

Over to John Williams.

No sure why the time is relevant. I didn't see too many Rovers fans happy about the result today. As for "players' effort" and "caring" read the comments from people who attended. The feed you has must have highly distorted.

No sure why the time is relevant. I didn't see too many Rovers fans happy about the result today. As for "players' effort" and "caring" read the comments from people who attended. The feed you has must have highly distorted.

It is after the game and it was a good result in that it was unambiguously awful. A good performance and a less emphatic defeat and we would have limped on pointless to defeat against Stoke.

With that attrocity Ince will be fired or the place will totaly implode.

There is no hiding place for anybody now- Ince has got to be out.

Bentley is playing superb against Man U...

F**king hell what has happened to us, that performance on MOTD then was just the most depressing show of football I have seen in a long time.

I hope John Williams and the Board are (Please don't use that word again)ing pleased with what they have done to our beloved football team through their lack of financial support and the shambles of an appointment that had to be made due to the aforementioned lack of support.

God I am so p1ssed off

We cannot go down, we must improve, things have to change!

As a Rovers fan on SSN so starkly put it, we must now win 9 out of 21 games. Even that will probably not be enough this season.

I am resigned to relegation.

Yet again I return from another embarrassing performance from a Blackburn Rovers team that is destined for relegation. I was disappointed by the performances at Tottenham and Portsmouth and embarrassed by our inept showing at Old Trafford. However, today we plumbed new depths of mediocrity. Today's was the performance of a team that knew it was on the way out of the Premiership. It lacked effort, lacked commitment, lacked skill and, above all, lacked organization. We have become a laughing stock. Last May we missed out on European qualification by the narrowest of margins. Now, just a matter of months later, and under new management, we are relegation fodder. Let's be honest, Wigan could have been three or four up by half time if they had taken their chances.

Our defence in one of the worst I have seen from a Rovers side in the top flight. Nelsen and Samba did a passable impersonation of the invisible man at times. Ooijer continues to be played out of position while the less said about Warnock's performance the better. For the third game running our budding England left-back was directly responsible for the opposition scoring. On the evidence of today John Williams must sack Nigel Winterburn immediately. With a defensive coach of Winterburn's ability I feel sure there is the possibility that we will concede 100 goals this season.

Our midfield continues to give the ball away with alarming generosity. Keith Andrews looks what he is, a Fourth Division player who is out of his depth. At 38, Tugay can't play every game and Morten Gamst Pedersen gave a performance that was one of the poorest I have seen in a Blackburn Rovers shirt. When he turned his back on Valencia in our penalty area and allowed the winger to fire the ball just over the ball it spoke volumes for the commitment our players. If this is their new found determination after their meeting last week we have no hope!

Roque appears to have finally given up the ghost. The lack of service and the thankless role he is being asked to play appears to have finally got to him. Personally, I hope he gets his move to Manchester City as he is too good a player to go down with the good ship Blackburn Rovers.

As for the manager I really can't express how little confidence I have in his abilities. Today, after his masterful substitutions we had the sight of Jason Roberts on the right wing and Matt Derbyshire on the left wing with Roque on his own in the middle.

I watched the Rovers get relegated in 65-66 and begin a 26 year exile from the top flight. Today I felt we are on the brink of a similar period away from the top flight. On the evidence of today the 9 winnable games that John Williams is talking about is just an illusion.

I watched the Rovers get relegated in 65-66 and begin a 26 year exile from the top flight. Today I felt we are on the brink of a similar period away from the top flight. On the evidence of today the 9 winnable games that John Williams is talking about is just an illusion.

That season we went out of the league with a record low number of points[18 I seem to remember, where there was only 2 points for a win, but I could be wrong].

This season could beat that record.

Yet again I return from another embarrassing performance from a Blackburn Rovers team that is destined for relegation.

It does feel like we are destined to go down this season. Its going to take a miracle you feel to turn it around, even with a new manager. I just feel the damage has been done already this season and we are doomed.

Been travelling since October and, since I've left, it appears we haven't won a game. Now I've not seen any of the games, but have kept up with all the results, and repeatedly seeing midfields consisting of Emerton, Mokoena, Grella, Andrews and Pedersen, just fills me with dread. Defence sounds like it's pretty shambolic too. What's wrong with Khizi, not seen him in the side in ages - has he done a worse job than the current shower? Anyway, a 3-0 defeat to Wigan and 6 straight defeats is damning enough, Ince has got to go in order to give the new manager time to use January wisely.

Major questions must be asked of the attitude of a majority of the players who quite simply appear not to put in much ''effort''.

Say what you like about being managed by Ince, being played out of position, wrong tactics, injuries and the like but they are no excuse for not ''trying''.

These players don't want to play for ROVERS nevermind Ince

I include all of yesterdays side in this (apart from Emerton who gave his all) although Santa Cruz and Warnock/Pederson/Andrews get special mention for being blatantly lazy and complete sh*t respectively.

Gutless overpaid scumbags.

And I saw the whole game live on TV

Major questions must be asked of the attitude of a majority of the players who quite simply appear not to put in much ''effort''.

Say what you like about being managed by Ince, being played out of position, wrong tactics, injuries and the like but they are no excuse for not ''trying''.

These players don't want to play for ROVERS nevermind Ince

I include all of yesterdays side in this (apart from Emerton who gave his all) although Santa Cruz and Warnock/Pederson/Andrews get special mention for being blatantly lazy and complete sh*t respectively.

Gutless overpaid scumbags.

And I saw the whole game live on TV

Players need direction, thats why you need a football manager, not a social club manager,

Ince get yer coat

I can't believe Ince said on MOTD that he and the players will sort this out on TUESDAY when they are back in training!!!!!

Jesus any manager with some idea or balls would have the lazy overpaid scumbags in for training tommorrow morning, he is clueless!!!!

Players need direction, thats why you need a football manager, not a social club manager,

Ince get yer coat

Anyone who wants to defend Andrews by saying he isnt playing any worse than anyone else should bear in mind that the rest of the team are largely playing at possibly half their ability standards whilst this is the best Andrews has to offer Im sure. He will never be a Premiership player other than for the promoted Championship teams. Luckily for him we are currently a FIZZY POP league team.

I can't see us scoring another goal let alone win nine games.

At this moment I would be happy to at least see us create a chance.

Yesterday was shocking. The substitutions and constant positional changes during the second half were a clear indication of someone who hasn't got a clue what he is doing.

2-0 down and switch from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 - FFS!!

Roberts right wing? Derbyshire up front/left wing/right wing (the lad must be dizzy this morning)?

Shambles of a defence.

We are a Premier League team with a 4th Division management and coaching staff.

At least the journey was free, courtesy of a totally inept rail service (possibly the only thing more badly managed than our team).

Archived