BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Away Preview 13th December

Majiball

Ideally he could get a cameo last 10 mins to ease him back in.

I think its a good move from Ince, as he knows that getting Dunn back will boost the players and the supporters.

P.S. Happy birthday Steven Warnock (maybe a sly first goalscorer bet for tomorrow?)

Excellent news that Dunn has returned. Remeber Ince will be desperate (considering if we lose Ince will be unemployed he may think what is the point in being cautious?) so I would not be surprised if he throws him in, perhaps even alongside Grella. I hope it does not backfire.

If Grella and Dunn combine we would not have a perfect (or even very good) central midfield, but it would be enormously better than what we are currently putting out. Also they do seem like they are ideally suited in style to one another - something we have not had since the Tugay-Savage partnership was broken up. Dunn will look to get forward and create and Grella has the physicality to stay back and mop up and the technique to retain the ball.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dunn and grella? come on are you for real? both been injured for seems like years and you'd throw em both in...bet they wont last 9 mins let alone 90.He played grella earlier in the season unfit and he was useless because of it.we cant afford two unfit in the middle.

Your right, but on the other hand Wigan are a good side with real quality up front and a decent midfield. I guess this is the issue this year. We have taken a couple of steps back and many of clubs who we confidently felt better than last year look really decent.

Yes they are decent but we should be beating teams like this. Its important we bag two wins in our next 2 games. Wigan away and Stoke at home should be 6 points for a side like ours. If not, then it isnt acceptable - simple!

dunn and grella? come on are you for real? both been injured for seems like years and you'd throw em both in...bet they wont last 9 mins let alone 90.He played grella earlier in the season unfit and he was useless because of it.we cant afford two unfit in the middle.

I doubt he would start both of them but considering the situation we are in I wouldn't be surprised if he used them at some point. Ince is a desperate man.

Yes they are decent but we should be beating teams like this. Its important we bag two wins in our next 2 games. Wigan away and Stoke at home should be 6 points for a side like ours. If not, then it isnt acceptable - simple!

I am not saying we should accept it, but really there is no reason why we should beat Wigan based on the quality of their team. They have a better front two than us, a more creative midfield. Our defence on paper looks better than theirs but they have been playing like idiots.

It is a hard game. We are not going to win through superior quality, it is going to come down to out performing them on the day. Thankfully we did show a lot of fight and workrate against Liverpool so there is hope.

I don't agree that we should be beating teams like this. All games in the prem away from home are difficult and a point is usually acceptable. Unfortunately we're beginning to need wins now. The performance has to be greatly improved though, because a defeat and a poor performance has to be the end - doesn't it?

I don't agree that we should be beating teams like this. All games in the prem away from home are difficult and a point is usually acceptable. Unfortunately we're beginning to need wins now. The performance has to be greatly improved though, because a defeat and a poor performance has to be the end - doesn't it?

Unfortunately for Rovers, this is possibly the best side Wigan have ever had.

Defintely. We have to perform very well. Anything less than a good performance andat least a point should spell the end.

I am praying we put on a good show. Prove to everybody we can perform

I am not saying we should accept it, but really there is no reason why we should beat Wigan based on the quality of their team. They have a better front two than us

A better front two??? :huh:

Heskey & Zaki vs Roque & Benni and you would choose theirs?? I disagree with that!

Heskey has got a total of 14 goals in 2 1/2 years, or a total of 28 in 4 1/2 years

Zaki has got a total of 8 goals with almost half the season gone.

In the first season for both Benni and Roque they scored over 20 goals each! Both have around 4 each this season too.

A better front two??? :huh:

Heskey & Zaki vs Roque & Benni and you would choose theirs?? I disagree with that!

Heskey has got a total of 14 goals in 2 1/2 years, or a total of 28 in 4 1/2 years

Zaki has got a total of 8 goals with almost half the season gone.

In the first season for both Benni and Roque they scored over 20 goals each! Both have around 4 each this season too.

So your negative about Zaki is that he has scored as many as our strikers have combined this year?

You can take random facts and statistics in isolation to make anybody sound good/bad. It doesn't necessarily mean anything:

Heskey has over 50 caps for England, has scored at the world cup and is regarded as one of the best "strike partners" for Rooney, Owen etc.

Zaki started THIS season as one of the form players and is supposedly wanted by Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Benni McCarthy has only just ended a run of a year with no goals from open play, started the season practically obese and is clearly not the same player he was 2 years ago.

Roque has spent half of this season unfit, is struggling without Bentley's crosses, has played so badly recently that people are questioning whether he is searching for a move, and is very unlikely to reach 20 goals again given his current form.

See how easy that is?

Zaki seriously wanted by Real Madrid and Chelsea? When pigs fly.

I'll believe it when I see it too, but see how easy it is to just throw random statements together like that. Using this approach you can almost "prove" anything if you really want to (see also: PhilipL).

It looks like a big gamble to me. He's not had any competitive football since the beginning of the season - then to put him straight on the bench in what could, no will, be a very physical game, has to be a gamble.

With the new 7 man bench I wouldn't call it a big gamble.

Does anyone know where you can get tickets from at the JJB tomorrow, no idea where it is

The main ticket office is in the West Stand, which is closest to all the Robin Park shops.

Actually... "Tickets will be on sale at the turnstiles at the JJB Stadium on Saturday, priced £20 Adults, £15 concessions." So you wont need to go to the ticket office :)

Taking my 8 year old girl to her first away game tomorrow. Hope it's as memorable for her as mine was (Bury 1980) but can't help thinking it'll be a dull scrap. Don't care anyway I suppose if we can sneak a 1-0 win. Bad timing though as our train doesn't get back till 9.45 and she'll insist on watching the Ex-factor when we get in.

Archived