BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Away Preview 13th December

Majiball

:rover: every team has santa :xmas: in it,what has he done for the last 3 games,he has been worse than andrews and some hate him

1. He's carrying an injury.

2. He's been lacking service since Bentley left.

3. We know he has the class for this league. Andrews is a different story.

Provided these players are available:

teamxp5.png

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we play McCarthy there Topman there is no chance he'll ever be onside.

Robinson

Ooijer--Samba--Nelsen--Warnock

Emerton--Grella--Tugay--Pedersen

Santa Cruz--McCarthy

Subs: Bunn, Andrews, Vogel, Kish, Derbyshire, Roberts, Simpson.

Ooijer has made a few clangers lately and putting him wider might stop him getting exposed. If Grella or Tugay tire, bring on Andrews, or Vogel if we have a slender lead which needs protecting. If Santa looks like he's just jogging around out of habit (I know he's carrying an injury, but I'm convinced there is more to it than that because of his body language), bring on Roberts as a battering ram or Derbyshire if we are breaking quickly.

My first away game this season, I like going to Wigan. TO said they had been very busy this week and the gane is selling well but couldn't get any numbers from the girl I spoke to.

This has to be one of the 9 games we MUST win.

----------------Robbo-------------

Ooijer----Samba---Nelsen----Warnock

Simpson--Tugay--Emerton--MGP

---------RSC--------Benni-----------

For me thats the way to go. Andrews to come on when Tugays legs get old and score the winner that I need and to bring us the 3 points we have to get!

Plenty of experience at the back both Samba and Nelsen Like a physical Battle they'll certainly get that from Heskey and Zaki. Ooijer at RB he can talk Simpson through it. Emerton in the middle he can run up and down all day Hopefully he'll run with the ball through the centre, we currently have no forward threat here. Tugay he maybe nearing the end but he must eat Duracell for breakfast surely, Best passer of the ball at the club and most creative and must play for me. MGP its simple you play bad you go on the bench, but he do alright against Pool so just as you punish failure you reward progress, Carrot and stick for him. We have no pace in any of our front 6 players, Simpson has pace, a reasonable cross. He'll muck in defensively and who knows I don't. but Derb's is coming off the bench for me we need to win and his knack for coming on and scoring is uncanny, plus he's awful as a winger, absent. Benni's in form he must play and RSC scored so hopefully is feeling the love again, plus Roberts does my head in.

2-1 Rovers, 3 points are coming are way!

Well, the tables have been turned significantly with the supporters who have been critical of the Ince regime to such an extent that I am sure an even more galvanising affect is at work within the club and playing staff.

So after last season's aberation at the JJB, back to business as normal on a trip to Wigan and our usual 3-0 win is now what I expect.

Well, the tables have been turned significantly with the supporters who have been critical of the Ince regime to such an extent that I am sure an even more galvanising affect is at work within the club and playing staff.

So after last season's aberation at the JJB, back to business as normal on a trip to Wigan and our usual 3-0 win is now what I expect.

Hope that isn't Ince's business as usual.

Lets hope that the last few days events have had a galvanising effect on the club, supporters, management and especially the players. I'm going for a 3-2 win for Rovers. I still can't see Rovers keeping a clean sheet and Zaki is in my dream team.

"Completed eight league games since a clean sheet; conceding three goals in each of the last two"

However we have scored double the amount on our travels that Wigan have bagged at Home. I think a draw is the most likely outcome. IF so then that isnt good enough!

"Completed eight league games since a clean sheet; conceding three goals in each of the last two"

However we have scored double the amount on our travels that Wigan have bagged at Home. I think a draw is the most likely outcome. IF so then that isnt good enough!

Your right, but on the other hand Wigan are a good side with real quality up front and a decent midfield. I guess this is the issue this year. We have taken a couple of steps back and many of clubs who we confidently felt better than last year look really decent.

If you look at some of the quality players in the bottom half of the table:

Bellamy, Ashton, Parker, Etherington, Robinho, Ireland, Dunne, Wright Phillps, Owen, Martins, Steve Taylor, Jones, Cisse, Alves, Mido, Tuncay, Downing, Zaki, Heskey, Valencia, Bent, Bentley, Modric, Woodgate, King, Santa Cruz (um, thats it for us!)

There is an abundance of talent in the league - only West Brom and Stoke seem to lack first rate/world class players - and the latter seems to have a great team spirit which is making up the gap.

It is a tough Premiership this year and we just haven't kept up with the Joneses.

What's that mean Philip?

Perhaps didn't express that very well but I was very struck by brenmul's post in the Ince thread:

"I've been an avid reader of this website for many a season now and I feel now is the time to make my first post. I sent an email into John Williams after the Utd game last week saying enough was enough and I wanted Ince out and I also said I would never step on Ewood again whilst he was in charge (which was a lie). He called my bluff and invited me down to meet him and today I was at Ewood meeting John Williams ( I felt like a schoolboy again sat in front of the headteacher in detention). Anyway he was very honest to me and he commented that he does read this board as well as the official board and Telegraph board. He told me a few things some of which I promised I will keep to myself and after the meeting I'm firmly in the keep Ince camp. He mentioned that Paul is the most thorough manager we've had since John has been at the club. He mentioned about people saying that the club has no balls because they've not sacked Ince is ###### (and those are his exact words). Sacking Ince would be easy, keeping him on is having balls. He said he knows the 9 games we need to win is going to be hard especially as 4 are away at the top 4. He also said that Paul Ince ticked the most boxes in the search for Sparky's replacement, he said no one ticked all the boxes because Alex Ferguson never applied. He went on to tell me all about the Shearer and BFS talk. Joh Williams is giving 100% commitment to the club and I swear when he was talking about Jack Walker he was close to tears. He said ALL the players are behind Paul and I have doubt about that statement, so I say trust the club and they will do whatever they can to ensure our safety.

He also mentioned that at the start of the season Paul presented him his starting 11 for the season which was a 4-4-2 formation and yet so far he hasn't yet been able to play that team"

JW as always is showing himself open to meet the fans and Tris organising as many Ince Outers as he can get shows confidence.

The statements about Ince being so diligent throws into question the months of stories about Ince being late, going golfing and being a reluctant student of badges and no doubt that list of scheduled qualifiers for the UEFA badge is wrong as well.

Plus the players backing him so strongly nails everything I'd heard in that regard as well.

So confidence must be surging around Ewood and Brockhall. Essentially we have the same group of players who have been routinely winning 3-0 at Wigan in the past few years so I think we are in for a winning treat on Saturday.

i just hope we are not rushing David Dunn back to quickly, it will be great to have him back in the side, but only if he is fit enough. Its some good news for us for a change a fit David Dunn in our team makes an awfull lot of difference to how Rovers perform. Fingers crossed for him

i just hope we are not rushing David Dunn back to quickly, it will be great to have him back in the side, but only if he is fit enough. Its some good news for us for a change a fit David Dunn in our team makes an awfull lot of difference to how Rovers perform. Fingers crossed for him

It looks like a big gamble to me. He's not had any competitive football since the beginning of the season - then to put him straight on the bench in what could, no will, be a very physical game, has to be a gamble.

It looks like a big gamble to me. He's not had any competitive football since the beginning of the season - then to put him straight on the bench in what could, no will, be a very physical game, has to be a gamble.

agree totally Den, lets hope its a gamble that works.

Dunny is back !!

I think we are going to stuff Wigan. Come on Rovers !!

Here we go again (Dunn).

I'm guessing he'll only come on if we are behind, surely he can't be ready its only a couple of weeks since we where told January return. We cannot afford to lose him for longer.

Mr Ince only do it if its absolutely necessary, please.

Archived