BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V. Stoke City

i remember going to stoke one new years day dresed as orville duck,green tights nappy an all.I nearly got arrested for getting mad at the ref and stuart hall commented on the radio afterwards that "even poor orville duck was getting irate and sticking two wings up at the ref !!!!" i jest you not.

Jordan/Orville misses the game Saturday, first one in years.

I remember two Stoke games from the 80s. One was on New Years Day , we went 2 or 3 nil down, and stormed back to win 4-3 I think. The forth went in near the end, and as I jumped up to celebrate on the Blackburn End terrace, I landed on the edge of a step and turned my ankle over, almost 180 degrees. Apparently I went a very funny colour, sat down on the terrace trying to rub it better. Eventually my mates called for the St Johns Ambulance to take me away, so they came up the terrace, carried me down through the perimeter fencing, and then all along the front of the BBE, down the past the paddock and down th tunnel. I was examined on the doctors room under the Nuttall Street stand, near the changing rooms. Then taken to the Infirmary in an ambulance from the front of the ground with a mashed up ankle. Still made it in the Rose And Crown for nine o'clock though :rover:

Second one, after a game a year or two later, I was virtually chased the length of the Bolton Road back in to town by around 200 screaming mad Stoke fans, looking for a violent encounter with anybody. I remember their fans as particularly aggressive after matches. On the bus home, me and Barlow were approached by a guy offering us some Dope back in the Griffin. We declined his somewhat seedy offer, and headed back directly to Chorley.

Been waiting to spill those anecdotes for 20 odd years!

Cannot make Saturday again (thanks anyway Mike) with baby and Xmas preparations, but look forward to similar tales from the board come Sunday. :xmas: Merry Christmas all.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just had a text from Rovers saying I have to get my horn out for the lads at the turnstile tomorrow? :unsure:

Same here, forget it, not in this weather.

It's going to be noisy! "Get your free rovers horn at the turnstile tomorrow, Make some noise for the lads at the crucial game v Stoke"

"BIG SAMS BLUE & WHITE ARMY!"

I've just had a text from Rovers saying I have to get my horn out for the lads at the turnstile tomorrow? :unsure:

Make sure it's the tooting one and not the, er, other.

Same here, forget it, not in this weather.

It's going to be noisy! "Get your free rovers horn at the turnstile tomorrow, Make some noise for the lads at the crucial game v Stoke"

"BIG SAMS BLUE & WHITE ARMY!"

It's make some noise for the boys. C'mon Bob, get it right. :lol:

It's make some noise for the boys. C'mon Bob, get it right. :lol:

Nope. Mine defintely says "lads" and not "boys". Definitely. I've just checked. Are you sure yours says boys? What does everyone elses text message say? Are there two "Get your free rovers horn at the turnstile tomorrow. Makes some noise for the ___ at the crucial game at Stoke tomorrow" messages knocking about. If so it looks like an absolutely criminal waste of money. I blame Ray Mathias. Maybe he organised this before leaving. BIG SAM will go daft if he hears about this.

Can we have a poll please? Mods? Anyone?

Rory Delap might be out and Sdibe isnt going to be playing.

Got a great chance tomorrow

I agree........

But its bad isn't it when Stoke come to town and were looking at who there missing!

Last season we would expect to beat Stoke not hope! :rover:

Last time they gave those bleeding horns out I had a bunch of larking schoolkids on the rows in front of me. By the time the teams came out I was deaf as a post and had a headache for two days.

For God's sake BRING BACK THE BLOODY DRUMMER. :wacko:

Cant believe people still prefer Nelsen over Samba,alongside Zurab. Its madness,and if Dunn starts he should have the captains armband. Super super dunny!

Zurab has rarely put a foot wrong for the club when he has played. I just wonder if the management feel/felt that Nelsen organised the defence better - yeh, more I think about it a strange one.

For me I would have our dutch master playing alongside Samba.

Zurab has rarely put a foot wrong for the club when he has played. I just wonder if the management feel/felt that Nelsen organised the defence better - yeh, more I think about it a strange one.

For me I would have our dutch master playing alongside Samba.

Zurab was at fault for the Sunderland winner at Ewood Park when he allowed Cisse to roll him and put the ball in the net thats why we havent seen too much of Zurab since. Maybe Sam will give him a second chance.

Archived