BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V. Stoke City

This a game that we can win and hopefully the arrival of Big Sam will give some fire to the team and they will get the result we need.

Robinson

Simpson Samba Nelsen Warnock

Emerton Grella Dunn Pedersen

Santa Cruz McCarthy

It's only when you look at that team that the nerves start. Simpson at right back ? Not good enough. Nelsen ? Playing like Darren Peacock. Warnock ? Shocking at the moment. Emerton ? Not on the wing please. Grella and Dunn in midfield ? They've jointly played a game and a half in the last 10 weeks, can we throw both of them in against a really combative Stoke outfit ? Pedersen ? Enough said. Santa and Benny ? They never play well together.

Apart from that you've got a cracking side there matey ! Big Sam you've got your work cut out at the moment !

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone who's helped out. Called the ticket office earlier, and we got our tickets. They were very kind, and when I said I had travelled with the Norwegian Supporter Club before, there were no problems.

Thanks a lot, guys! Let's hope for a cracking match, with 3 points as a result =)

My team- best of a bad lot at the moment.

Robbo- not overly impressed but it's not a time for changes in goal.

Ooijer- Gonna need all the height we can get.

Samba- How he plays could be the difference between winning and losing.

Nelsen- Last chance saloon for the skipper.

Warnock-Ditto.

Tugay- We need to keep the ball better.

Dunn

Emerton- His best position in my opinion, we need some athleticism in midfield.

Vogel- Safe steady player who can keep the ball.

Pedersen- Gonna need his heading ability in defence , that's the only reason I'd play him.

Santa- If 100% fit, McCarthy if not.

Subs Brown, Zurab, Grella, Roberts, Derbyshire, Villanueva, Mc Carthy.

It's not ideal but we need to tighten up at the back to get anything out of this game.

Last time we played Stoke was 1989-1990 season in the old division 2

Home on January 27th 3-0 (Kennedy, Gayle [pen] & Sellars)

Away on April 21st 0-1 (Mail [pen])

I was there for both.

That season Stoke were relegated to the third division as they finished bottom of the league, we made the play-offs for the third successive year and messed it up again.

I'll be there again on Saturday and expect to see a penalty awarded to Rovers.

Toot Toot!

i remember going to stoke one new years day dresed as orville duck,green tights nappy an all.I nearly got arrested for getting mad at the ref and stuart hall commented on the radio afterwards that "even poor orville duck was getting irate and sticking two wings up at the ref !!!!" i jest you not.

i remember going to stoke one new years day dresed as orville duck,green tights nappy an all.I nearly got arrested for getting mad at the ref and stuart hall commented on the radio afterwards that "even poor orville duck was getting irate and sticking two wings up at the ref !!!!" i jest you not.

:lol: brilliant, abbey!

good old stuart hall, too.

unsure what formation sam will go for (whether he matches stoke's 4-5-1, or goes 442) but i have faith in us winning whatever and whoever he picks.

i'd hope for a sizeble rovers turnout too.

Lets not expect too much though to soon. Sam and his assistant didnt take training today so they will only have 1 day of training at the most, in which time they wont change anything.

Lets just hope the players show that they want to play for us in the future by performing for the new man.

They'll be rubbing their hands, intent on spoiling the party.

Let's get ready to rumble :tu:

Bring them on I say, they are s*ite, they have no strikers and they are just a bunch of lumpers with a big throw, end of.

These guys have to be put to bed and BFS is the the man to do it, Fight fire with fire I say.

This is the team I'd like to see:

Robinson

Simpson / Nelsen / Samba / Warnock

Emerton / Vogel / Dunn / Pedersen

Santa Cruz / McCarthy

Although Samba has been dreadful this season, I feel as though he is the most useful at defending against Stoke's long ball approach. Hopefully Dunn is fit, because he will be key.

I reckon Sam will go 4-4-2, he won't want to be predictable and go for one up front in his first home game. I don't think we've got the players to play a Chelsea/United style 4-5-1.

Robinson

Ooijer - we'll need his height

Samba

Nelsen

Warnock

Emerton

Dunn

Tugay

Pedersen

Santa Cruz

Derbyshire/Roberts - depends whether he goes for size to match Stoke or the home grown boy

I just hope he doesn't go for the Axe in midfield.

I think we'll win 3-1.

Snap Presty on Tour! I haven't been this excited about a rovers match, in........Jesus i don't know....the Chelsea semi-final!

Big Sam's Bolton connections make it all a bit extra-special too, especially given the 2001 season.

WE ARE STAYIN' UP, WE ARE STAYIN' UP :brfcsmilie:

Haven't got a clue about the team BFS will pick, all I know is it's a crucial game and I haven't been this excited about Rovers for a long time!

Same as, I can't wait to see what team he puts out.

Snap Presty on Tour! I haven't been this excited about a rovers match, in........Jesus i don't know....the Chelsea semi-final!

Big Sam's Bolton connections make it all a bit extra-special too, especially given the 2001 season.

WE ARE STAYIN' UP, WE ARE STAYIN' UP :brfcsmilie:

Same here!!!

After the game at Goodison onthe first day of the season I came out of the stadium with my voice gone, brimming with pride thinking this could be a good season, it went down hill from there!

Really looking forward to this now, although there is still the sensible part of me thay says it's the same players and he's had them for maybe 2 sessions which would have been getting to know you session surely.

The new manager effect has worked wonders for many in the last however and with Delap's shoulder knackered and their lynchpin centre half out this is the game we need to win or forget in my opinion.

Archived