BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive win make no mistake , game changed when palacios was sent off , not only that the fact that tugay and dunny moved into the middle we suddenly looked like a team, 60 mins gone i saw no way we were going to get into that game.

I am over the moon :lol:

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAHHHWHWWHWWHWHWHWHW...What a comeback. Out of nowhere....

Ooijerrrrrrr what a winner. I cant believe it.

Things only changed for us the moment Dunn moved to central midfield then he and Tugay were stringing the short passes along.

Two things:

1) Have Rovers ever played as badly as they did today and won? It was probably worst performance this season (the last 10 minutes aside). We looked absolutely shambolic.

2) Samba is a God. I think he may be one of my favourite players, of all time even. Legend.

Elated, ecstatic, man of the match? Big Sam for his inspired substitution of Ooijer on for Roberts, which resulted in Samba playing brilliantly upfront and Ooijer scoring the winning goal.

This win cannot be understated, we are now FIVE points clear of Newcastle, I am hoping for a Boro and Newcastle loss and we can relax for a... week! :rover:

A mention for Andrews, who I think played well in an unfamiliar role.

Unbelievable that we won this. Massive win.

Again - Ooijer needs a statue build in his honor. All other players in our squad have lined up to miss on an open net 3 times a piece in the last few games. They should all gather around and learn how it's done. But thank you again, Andre.

For the majority of the game our play was very poor. Clueless hit and hope stuff that started to grate as we got no return. The moment Dunn was moved centrally and we actually made a string of passes, we started to reap the benefits. Hopefully a learning curve for Sam's team selection.

Football is so ironic....how many points have we dropped when we deserved all 3...We play Spurs at home, are totally crap and get 3 points we don't really deserve..It really does even out over a season... :rover::rover::rover:

Elated, ecstatic, man of the match? Big Sam for his inspired substitution of Ooijer on for Roberts, which resulted in Samba playing brilliantly upfront and Ooijer scoring the winning goal.

I think that would be a bit generous considering the team we started with looked so god damn awful! Especially when Pedersen went off.

Christ, its going to be difficult for Sam to pick his best team now.

So pleased we won!

Things only changed for us the moment Dunn moved to central midfield then he and Tugay were stringing the short passes along.

They did didn't they added more quality to the longer balls as well we could acctually use the whole pitch then.

Gotta say I'm pissing myself with laughter now at Dunn no part to play.

13th in the table!

Lets hope some results go our way today.

Yeah Dunny and Tugs in the middle made us look a lot better, Samba was immense up front. We must keep hold of him if we stay up.

Really 13th :rover: come on Chelsea!!!!

Samba did well up front could we have found our new Sutton??? He gave both King and woodgate serious problems.

Also special thanks to:

The Ref for evening it up!!! Soft Red.

We have to have at least one player in the middle from now on who can play. Christ if neither Tug's or Dunn can hack a whole game each one can play either half. We didn't even string 4 passes together prior to those two stepping in.

Yeah, Imy, the result doesn't change the fact Andrews was weak at right-back. He was on a different wavelength with Diouf. But it's a makeshift change, so it's understandable.

WTF. Why is Lennon the 2nd highest rating on the BBC 'YOU RATE THE PLAYERS'. He was virtually non-existent apart from winning the dubious penalty. Givet did a good job.

Samba did well up front could we have found our new Sutton??? He gave both King and woodgate serious problems.

I wouldn't go that far in regards to Samba its clear he is a defender and not a striker but he showed great passion and commitment and did what was asked of him. But he is an option that could be used if we suffer an injury up front in the game or if Sam wants to change his tactics.

Its a shame that Dunny is so injury prone, we look a different team when he is in our midfield.

Archived