BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Strachan Quits / Owen Coyle To Take Over Tomorrow

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now what we could do with is somebody in the know to confirm this,if only we knew somebody close to the manager in question.......hint....hint..... ;):rolleyes:

I hear he's been linked to the new managers job at the new Tesco development up Feniscowles. PaddyPower won't give me odd's on that so there must be some truth in it.

If I was a manager I would want to manage at the highest possible level, testing myself against some of the best teams and managers in the game in other words I would want to manage in the premier league. The Scottish league is an absolute joke and Celtic will never achieve anything in the foreseeable future on the European front.

I will be really shocked if he makes this move, he clearly doesn’t have the bottle or the desire to manage at the highest level if he decides to move to that joke of a league.

I will be really shocked if he makes this move, he clearly doesn’t have the bottle or the desire to manage at the highest level if he decides to move to that joke of a league.

It can be a good stepping stone. MoN did OK didn't he.

He has to think long term.

SSN just reported Coyle has asked Burnley for permission to talk to Celtic.

Burnley saying no official approach has been made and one would not be welcome.

That last line probably doesnt mean very much other than that theyll hold out for as much compensation as they can....its very hard to stop a manager from leaving.

If this goes through, I'm going to be delighted they got promoted. It'll be very hard to attract any sort of decent manager, Coyle was probably on a hiding to nothing anyway but someone trying to replicate that with a tiny budget and a very limited squad of players is only going to go one way.

I think it's more he can probably see the writing on the wall and premiership history is littered with talented managers who brought sides up and then quickly fell off the face of the earth (Davies, Coppell, Dowie...).

Archived