BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Strachan Quits / Owen Coyle To Take Over Tomorrow

Had a look on a Celtic Supporters' site and the majority of fans don't appear to want him. Too early and not yet experienced enough for a club of their standing.

They have a point. Many managers have taken unfavoured teams to the Premier League and not many have gone on to better things. Boothroyd for example. I think it would be very rash for a 'big' team to appoint someone as unproven as Coyle.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coyle on SSN now with the verbal trots.

Asked outright if he could say he was definitely staying, didn't say it.

Sparky all over again.

I saw that as well, very revealing. It was what was not said more than what he said. " Nobodie's contacted the Club "- Sounds like they've contacted him though. "I still expect to be Burnley manager when I go on my hols " Yeh but what about when you come back? This one will run and run. Like Tugs4england said very reminiscent of Hughes when he was craftily touted himself. Run the flag up the pole and see who salutes it.

Rubbish. Biggest mistake of his career thus far?

When they've been relegated this time next season, it will look like the worst deal Burnley have ever done.

You'll all be laughing your heads off.

• Backroom

Reading the Burnley website makes it sound as though the contract negotiations have been going on some time, ie not a development now.

He could still stall on the offer

Coyle can`t publicly say "yay" or "Nay" at the moment because Celtic haven`t approached his employers.

It will be seen as tapping up & is against the rules.

Everybody & his dog knows that Celtic have sounded him out behind closed doors.

Coyle has probably expressed an interest to "hear more" from them.......wages, budget, long term plans etc.....

I feel this will pan itself out over a couple of weeks.....enough time for Coyle to mull it over on a beach somewhere.

Owen Coyle is hot property at the moment. His stock is high & he must make the right decision for himself.

He cannot be seen to be interested. Just look at what happened to Paul Ince when he donned a Man Utd shirt whilst still a hammer.

Celtic would be a bad move now- little dosh, heads up their backside supporters, heavy odds against surviving the qualifiers to get into CL Group stages and the shadow of Walter Smith looming down from the 'gers.

True. It will be interesting to see where Strachan ends up. My gut is that he will struggle to get any better than bottom six or seven in the Prem. Even the likes of Sunderland don't really fancy him. Saying that he may be able to get Wigan if brice oes to the Mackems.

Wigan are lining Martinez from Swansea up.

The Times are suggesting that Coyle has rejected Celtic and they are turnin to Mowbray at West Brom but are not confident of getting him.

Martinez and Keane also in the second division are on their radar but the former is Wigan's preference.

• Backroom
The Times are suggesting that Coyle has rejected Celtic and they are turnin to Mowbray at West Brom but are not confident of getting him.

Martinez and Keane also in the second division are on their radar but the former is Wigan's preference.

Can't believe Keane would leave Ipswich after only a few months in charge. He'll have time and money at Ipswich, with a big chance of getting them promoted to play in the Premier League next year.

Can't believe Keane would leave Ipswich after only a few months in charge. He'll have time and money at Ipswich, with a big chance of getting them promoted to play in the Premier League next year.

He posted "former" mate. He means Martinez is preferred by Wigan.

How the mighty fall. They aren't the big attraction any more are they if they have been rejected from a 2nd div manager on the way up and are now concentrating on being rejected by one who has just taken his team down ... in bottom position.

I think Keane has already proved he is one for irrational desicions though, leaving a Premiership club to manage in the league below for example.

• Backroom
He posted "former" mate. He means Martinez is preferred by Wigan.

I'm aware of that, but I'm surprised Keane is even on the radar.

I think Keane has already proved he is one for irrational desicions though, leaving a Premiership club to manage in the league below for example.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I think he felt he'd lost the Sunderland dressing room, and that it was time to leave. Going to ipswich was an excellent decision - generally well-run club with money behind it that will give him time to build a squad and a chairman who does not interfere at all.

Jumping back to the premiership would be hugely disrespectful on Keane's part, and put him right back into the pressure cauldron.

Let's be honest, a move from any Premier league team to Celtic is a step down.

It would seem that David Moyes agrees with you and it doesn't look like they will get Martinez either. The news that Setanta haven't paid their latest cash instalment to the SPL on time can hardly help make managing the Parkhead outfit any more attractive.

I guess they will be grubbing around at the Ince level of manager before too long.

Guest benmaxwell

I think Martinez is holding out/waiting/hoping for a offer from Wigan.

Whether they like it or not, the prospect of management in the middle of the Premier League is more appealing then the top of the SPL...

Tony Adams is apparently convinced he's in the hunt, as a double act with Wim Jansen. Wim claims to have no knowledge of this whatsoever. Christ they must be desperate if he is a contender.

Ladbrokes: Martinez 6/4, Mobray 2/1, Coyle 4/1

William Hill: Martinez 6/4, Coyle & Mobray 3/1

Skybet: Martinez 5/4 (5/6 for Wigan job), Mobray 3/1, Coyle 4/1

Guest benmaxwell

Martinez has just signed Dyer for Swansea... He seems to be planning for next season. Although you could say that he is planning just incase he doesn't leave...

Archived