BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Strachan Quits / Owen Coyle To Take Over Tomorrow

Martinez has just signed Dyer for Swansea... He seems to be planning for next season. Although you could say that he is planning just incase he doesn't leave...

Dyer deal done in advance...

Martinez won't be at Swansea by the look of it...major developments on that today.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tony Adams is apparently convinced he's in the hunt, as a double act with Wim Jansen. Wim claims to have no knowledge of this whatsoever. Christ they must be desperate if he is a contender.

Ladbrokes: Martinez 6/4, Mobray 2/1, Coyle 4/1

William Hill: Martinez 6/4, Coyle & Mobray 3/1

Skybet: Martinez 5/4 (5/6 for Wigan job), Mobray 3/1, Coyle 4/1

Adams is an absolute clown. Sounds like he does not know what he is doing.

"I really appreciate and I'm really thankful that there are people in the game who are batting for me and putting me up for the jobs," said Adams.

"By saying manager, it is kind of a head coach's position really because once you have a technical director like you have in Europe, they help you with recruitment.

"As long as you have the final say of who comes in and out, these people are your help in the boardroom.

"I never had that at Portsmouth. It works for me and Celtic is an unbelievable club, you have a 50% chance of winning something up there."

Dyer deal done in advance...

Martinez won't be at Swansea by the look of it...major developments on that today.

15/8 with BlueSq for the Celtic job and 2/1 with VC for the Wigan job.

I'm tempted to back both to make a profit but knowing my luck a 3rd team will be in for him and I blow 2 bets

"I really appreciate and I'm really thankful that there are people in the game who are batting for me and putting me up for the jobs," said Adams.

"By saying manager, it is kind of a head coach's position really because once you have a technical director like you have in Europe, they help you with recruitment.

"As long as you have the final say of who comes in and out, these people are your help in the boardroom.

"I never had that at Portsmouth. It works for me and Celtic is an unbelievable club, you have a 50% chance of winning something up there."

Think those 50% odds will decrease with him in charge

Might not be the case if he takes charge. Could be another 'John Barnes' for Celtic.

I think it was merely Adams trying to get his name in the hat for one of the many managerial positions available. Of course he won't get any, he's useless.

Agree, although his comments can't have helped on that score. Blimey, the old firm is so bad (based on last season) that any vaguely competent manager should have a more than 50% chance of winning things.

Celtic seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel, Martinez is a promising manager but the rest - Keane, Mobray, Adams, would hardly encourage any premiership teams' fans. I doubt too many championship fans would be happy with these names, let alone a team which is league champion contenders with regular european campaigns (albeit in a less prestigious league/country).

Agree, although his comments can't have helped on that score. Blimey, the old firm is so bad (based on last season) that any vaguely competent manager should have a more than 50% chance of winning things.

Celtic seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel, Martinez is a promising manager but the rest - Keane, Mobray, Adams, would hardly encourage any premiership teams' fans. I doubt too many championship fans would be happy with these names, let alone a team which is league champion contenders with regular european campaigns (albeit in a less prestigious league/country).

Celtic have no money along with Rangers I might add.

Now is the best time ever for a rich benefactor to take on the scottish giants.

Now is the best time ever for a rich benefactor to take on the scottish giants.

To do what? They'll never be able to attract the calibre of player needed to make a mark on the Champion's League and it hardly seems spending money to run away with the SPL each year.

To do what? They'll never be able to attract the calibre of player needed to make a mark on the Champion's League and it hardly seems spending money to run away with the SPL each year.

True, the continual Celtic/Rangers thing completely does my head in, just wish somebody else up there in Scotland could put something together to overthrow these two.

If only Nicko could get his act together and set Partick Thistle on their way. :lol:

So who would you guess is the main man that they want Alan?

Think it will be Mowbray now - but it's going to take some hard bargaining. Jeremy Peace is an awkward guy - a strong chairman and willing to be unpopular.

Archived