BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Strachan Quits / Owen Coyle To Take Over Tomorrow

Owen Coyle has NOT asked to speak to Celtic...straightforward...how Sky can run that when it is so far wrong is beyond me. But it doesn't surprise me. Shocking.

As for what has actually happened on this one today.

Set your watches.

Aaaah I see now.

Does it involve Freemasons and the Catholic Church, and indeed Charlotte Church? No sorry that's Dan brown's latest book.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he would be tempted - much bigger resources, will win tropheys, will have 60k fans, won't be in a relegation battle, he is Scottish so nearer home, Champions League qualifiers etc...

I think he would be tempted - much bigger resources, will win tropheys, will have 60k fans, won't be in a relegation battle, he is Scottish so nearer home, Champions League qualifiers etc...

As I said earlier if he wants a really top club in the Prem he needs to manage Celtic well and cut the mustard in Europe. No top 4 club nor indeed ant top club in Europe would ever appoint a manager without plenty of european experience. He'll get that every season at Celtic and he'll know that he'll never get that at Burnley, in the terms of next season he must know that he is on a hiding to nothing.

btw Nicko....... Could Sky simply mean that Celtic have asked the Burnley board permission to speak to him rather than the other way around?

btw Nicko....... Could Sky simply mean that Celtic have asked the Burnley board permission to speak to him rather than the other way around?

That isn't right either...although you don't really need permission if you know what I mean.

But to say he wants to go and has asked away is little short of scandalous.

I would p1ss myself laughing if he went!!!!!!

please please please please do it Owen ;)

I can envisage my banner hanging from an M65 bridge already.....

"OWEN COYLE

IS GOD.....GONE!!

haha love Rovers"

That isn't right either...although you don't really need permission if you know what I mean.

But to say he wants to go and has asked away is little short of scandalous.

OK so in your own opinion what %age chance is there of him being at celtic soon? Alternatively what %age chance do you feel he has of seeing next season out at t'Turf?

From that Sky report............ "However, it is understood Coyle is interested in speaking with Celtic, although Burnley have yet to receive an official approach from the SPL side."

The reporter obviously thinks they do. :blink:

OK so in your own opinion what %age chance is there of him being at celtic soon? Alternatively what %age chance do you feel he has of seeing next season out at t'Turf?

Come on it's his best mate.

Surely you wouldn't expect him to leak a story on his best mate, or even a sniff of one. ;)

And what bad news are you expecting Sambo ?

the sale of RSC?

The sale of Mccarthy?

The sale of Warnock ?

Its to be expected that some clubs will seek to sign our players so nothing should surprise us.

I'm talking about Coyle, bad news as in Coyle is staying.

I expect Roque to go, feel McCarthy can be replaced. Warnock would concern me a bit but we can replace him.

I'm talking about Coyle, bad news as in Coyle is staying.

I expect Roque to go, feel McCarthy can be replaced. Warnock would concern me a bit but we can replace him.

Not sure what you mean there, not very clever, what is he alluding to?

If he goes, he goes. In truth Celtic are a massive club - not sure it is a massive job, not much credit in winning a 2 horse race and frankly no chance in Europe.

As for nobody wanting to replace him? Are you sure? Most managers outside the Prem would give their right arm for a chance to manage in it. Whether that manager can do much for us would be another question but we'd have no shortage of takers for the job.

And if he does go, we will still be in the prem and inline for the financial benefits that will bring.

In brief I'm praying he stays but preparing for him to leave. At the end of the day if he carries on doing what he has been with us then it is simply a case of when, not if he goes.

Archived