BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Strachan Quits / Owen Coyle To Take Over Tomorrow

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Coyle would be silly to take it, he has a good chance now, manage a team in the prem and if it goes pear shaped we wont be to blame and can move onto another team.

The SPL isn't a place for an up and coming manager like him, he's already proved himself enough

He will stay...let me see...manage in the English premier league or the Scottish Premier league...Hmmmmmmmm...it's a no brainer..

But celtic have champions league football. Its not an easy choice, guess it depends on how much money the dingles give him to spend and keep them up.

And your right it is a no brainer SCOTLAND EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

If offered he should take it and I expect that he would. Struggle with Burnley for the season or leave with a great record in England to manage a very large side? Easy choice. He could go to Celtic and win the league, make himself a hero and wait for a good job in England to come along. I'd respect him for staying with Burnley and trying to finish what he has started, but really wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

Although a disasterous start to a Premier league season could be very damaging to him. Look at Billy Davies - if he'd left after getting Derby promoted he'd still be thought of as an excellent manager. 10 games in the prem and he's lucky to be managing in the Championship - certainly no prem team will ever look at him again.

Seriously, what's the aim for Burnley next season - finish 4th bottom. Don't achieve that and it might be a long time 'til you get another shot in the big time. Whereas if he leaves now, there's no blemish on his record - he could easily win the league at Celtic, get experience of managing in the Champions league and then probably be in line for a job at a bigger premiership club in 3 or 4 years time.

I'm not saying he will leave, but I can see that it might be tempting for him.

If I was him id go, leave on a high and then dont get the blame if they go down next year

when? be an idiot not to go has'nt a hope in hell of staying up and would then be seen to be a million miles away from ever being offered that calibre of job ever again..........needs to put himself in phil browns shoes, as at best thats where his standing will be in a year and phil brown will never be offered a top job.

If offered he should take it and I expect that he would. Struggle with Burnley for the season or leave with a great record in England to manage a very large side? Easy choice. He could go to Celtic and win the league, make himself a hero and wait for a good job in England to come along. I'd respect him for staying with Burnley and trying to finish what he has started, but really wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

I completely agree with Eddie...

and I do not say that very often! :lol:

Unless the 40m TV/place money is going straight into Kilby/Flood's back pockets Coyle would be mad to leave.

Manage in the biggest League in the world or four decent games per season in the Mickey Mouse League?

No brainer.

Unless the 40m TV/place money is going straight into Kilby/Flood's back pockets Coyle would be mad to leave.

Manage in the biggest League in the world or four decent games per season in the Mickey Mouse League?

No brainer.

Don't be silly.

Coyle wouldn't turn down a once-in-a-lifetime chance to manage one of the biggest clubs in Europe, never mind Britain.

It's all academic anyway - Celtic want Moyes apparently.

It's all academic anyway - Celtic want Moyes apparently.

Ditto for Moyles. I don't think you get any real kudos for winning the title in Scotland - it's always going to be you or t'other lot anyway but I think it reflects extremely badly if you don't.

Ditto for Moyles. I don't think you get any real kudos for winning the title in Scotland - it's always going to be you or t'other lot anyway but I think it reflects extremely badly if you don't.

I think you understimate the pulling power of the Old Firm clubs.

No Scot is going to turn down either of those 2 jobs.

why would they want a fat yorkshire pudding dj off radio 1 ,surly moyes would be a better bet ?

Archived