BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will get him to sign and the release clause will be in there, but be higher than £15m, infact it will top Jones' total package to United for us.

Just hope we get on with it this week....hopefully the owners can get it wrapped up whilst here.

I think we will get him to sign and the release clause will be in there, but be higher than £15m, infact it will top Jones' total package to United for us.

Just hope we get on with it this week....hopefully the owners can get it wrapped up whilst here.

I'm still very skeptical. Why would he sign now?

He's clearly biding his time until January, when he's free to talk to whoever he wants and at which point he'll have a firm idea of exactly where Rovers are heading.

There's no way he'll stay aboard a sinking ship when he can get better pay and play with better players elsewhere.

Better play maybe, but Pay?? Spurs wont pay him £40-45k a week, and I doubt Ashley would for a young lad either.

If they have any sense they will. Hoilett is a brilliant player already who is clearly going to improve. In a top team he could have a Garath Bale like impact. I am still yet to see a full back who has got the better of him.

The reason he has not scored any this season is mainly because we just haven't got the ball to him in dangerous areas enough. If we manage that he will score plenty. Time to move him up front, or at least in the hole, playing off Yakubu. He's wasted on the wing.

If they have any sense they will. Hoilett is a brilliant player already who is clearly going to improve. In a top team he could have a Garath Bale like impact. I am still yet to see a full back who has got the better of him.

The reason he has not scored any this season is mainly because we just haven't got the ball to him in dangerous areas enough. If we manage that he will score plenty. Time to move him up front, or at least in the hole, playing off Yakubu. He's wasted on the wing.

He scored against the Barcodes...but I know what you mean. I think we have been pretty obvious in our build-up play this season. Aye, it's not route one football, but we are relying way too much on outlet passes to Hoilett or Olsson - f*ckin' predictable.

He scored against the Barcodes...but I know what you mean. I think we have been pretty obvious in our build-up play this season. Aye, it's not route one football, but we are relying way too much on outlet passes to Hoilett or Olsson - f*ckin' predictable.

Oops forgot about that one - cracking goal too!

Still if we got the ball to Hoilett more in the last third rather than the half way line goals will follow.

The king of bullshit has just been on SSN saying that Junior is close to signing a new contract. In other news scientists are close to finding a cure for the common cold.

I notice, in the plethora of players being trundled out to support Kean and tell us naughty fans that we know nothing and need to realise that it upsets the players if we shout abuse during the match and are really being very nasty to that nice Mr Kean by suggesting he should lose his job, Hoillet has not said one word.

I notice, in the plethora of players being trundled out to support Kean and tell us naughty fans that we know nothing and need to realise that it upsets the players if we shout abuse during the match and are really being very nasty to that nice Mr Kean by suggesting he should lose his job, Hoillet has not said one word.

You wait, give it until the Newcastle home game.

The PR coming out of Rovers right now is pathetic. Anyone would think we're playing like Barcelona without putting the chances away. I was at QPR and asides from looking slightly better defensively we were absolutely dreadful on the whole.

Thought he did well last night. The way the ball sticks to his feet is something else. We need to build a system to give him more freedom, not worry about him not tracking back.

He could be devastating for us.

• Backroom

To get the best out of the TEAM when Hoilett is playing we need to have him play behind the striker and have somebody else take over wing duties.

Whilst it's nice to have Junior on the wing in terms of watching him beat a man for pace and trick his way into the box, as a team we suffer for it because Junior fails to track back far too often. It's entirely possible he isn't being instructed to, but it's no good Junior playing well if the team suffers as a result. All it means is he'll be sold to a bigger club and we'll be relegated.

To get the best out of the TEAM when Hoilett is playing we need to have him play behind the striker and have somebody else take over wing duties.

Whilst it's nice to have Junior on the wing in terms of watching him beat a man for pace and trick his way into the box, as a team we suffer for it because Junior fails to track back far too often. It's entirely possible he isn't being instructed to, but it's no good Junior playing well if the team suffers as a result. All it means is he'll be sold to a bigger club and we'll be relegated.

Using your theory, Juniors play causes the team to suffer so maybe if we sell him we'd stay up. At least thats sort of how I can read into it.

Archived