BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonderfull.......our best player by a country mile and we cant keep him. :angry:

Pathetic that he is going to end up at a club like Newcastle, a club that until a year ago were in the championship, even when they were in the prem they were never better than us.

It's been a breath of fresh air to see him running at defenders with the ball glued to his foot, we will not replace him with anyone of the same quality, our club is a freaking mess.

• Backroom

C'mon, surely no one actually believed he'd sign for us? There's big money to be made from his perspective from not signing, he and his agent (is that his dad?) will be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospective signing-on fees.

I'd love to blame Kean and Venkys BUT has Hoilett ever stated his desire to sign again? Some blame has surely to be with the player too guys! We are over a barrel, we don't want to lose him cheaply in the same way as P. Jones and we are hardly rich so we will only be able to offer so much in terms of a wage. I'm confident the player has been offered a very good contract, which he has declined thus far so what more can be done, more money maybe? Sack Kean?

I'd love to blame Kean and Venkys BUT has Hoilett ever stated his desire to sign again?

24 hrs away according to guess who? So, yes apparently he was inclined to sign a new deal. Either that, or Kean was lieing.

The fans need to try and get him to stay....We CANNOT lose this lad, he has a massive future ahead.

GUTTED if he goes......a player the club has spent 9 years on developing and his dad clearly wants him to move onto a bigger club.

No, a BETTER club.

Jones was the same.

With stable owners, a wise board and respected management and coaching staff, the feeling is that Jones would have stayed for at least one more year.

With Hoilett, he can see that, IMO, we are owned by incompetent chancers and managed, and I use the term very loosely, by an absolute clown. Would you stay ?

No, a BETTER club.

Jones was the same.

With stable owners, a wise board and respected management and coaching staff, the feeling is that Jones would have stayed for at least one more year.

Nonesense - Jones has said he moved because it was an opportunity to go to a bigger club, play in the champs league & win trophys, unlike Liverpool.

Hoilett's dad should keep Junior here and show some loyalty, he should sign a new contract now, with a relegation release clause for x fee attached if he is worried about us going down. That way he is gauranteeing his lad will stay in the premier league. Doesnt matter what you say about the owners or manager, Hoilett is flourishing in our team and will continue to, it was also Kean that has given him alot of opportunities, unlike previous managers.

A move to say Tottenham could put the brakes on his careeer for 1-2 years. SIGN HIM UP!!!

Nonesense - Jones has said he moved because it was an opportunity to go to a bigger club, play in the champs league & win trophys, unlike Liverpool.

Hoilett's dad should keep Junior here and show some loyalty, he should sign a new contract now, with a relegation release clause for x fee attached if he is worried about us going down. That way he is gauranteeing his lad will stay in the premier league. Doesnt matter what you say about the owners or manager, Hoilett is flourishing in our team and will continue to, it was also Kean that has given him alot of opportunities, unlike previous managers.

A move to say Tottenham could put the brakes on his careeer for 1-2 years. SIGN HIM UP!!!

Hughesy, have to diaagree.

Sam introduced him gradually, dipped him in and out. The bottom line is if he'd have been 'ready' under Sam's stewardship he'd have been in on a regular basis, just like Jones. Under Kean, yes, Hoilett has taken the opportunities but was better placed to following his previous experiences under Sam.

Our club, IMO, from top to bottom, is an absolute mess. Hoilett will be the first of the better players to leave and you just can't blame him. We will be left with the 'dregs' - IMO, the likes of Salgado, Nelsen, Roberts, Anderson, Ribeiro - need I say any more ?

The lad is getting away very lightly for me here, P. Jones was hammered by many on here for leaving for Manchester United, possibly the worlds biggest club. Jones left for a huge sum yet now Hoilett looks set to leave its 'good luck to him'.

One if not the only positive Kean has to his name is he seems to have brought on young players, mainly Hoilett!

No, a BETTER club.

Jones was the same.

With Hoilett, he can see that, IMO, we are owned by incompetent chancers and managed, and I use the term very loosely, by an absolute clown. Would you stay ?

Agree 100% and if I were the lad's dad I would be thinking hard about this - surely money can't be an issue?

No, a BETTER club.

Jones was the same.

Would he go to a nice stable club like Wigan or Fulham or Swansea or Norwich?

No-he will be going to a bigger club who have more money to throw his way. Would he have been in such a position without Kean who plays him as mnuch as he can whereas under that nice Sam he made occasional Cup and sub appearances. No-I'm afraid when push comes to shove heads get too big. Jones and Hoilett will not be regulars at any of the big 6 in the short-term but the money will be in a different league to what we can pay. Enjoy the benches boys!

By Jan we will have lost two of our biggest stars under Kean.

By intorducing Holiett so quickly, Hoilett has developed an ego no doubt and thinks he is bigger then the club.

And he is right Blackburnh are not good enough for Hoilett, so good luck to him.

I'm sure under Sam, Hoilett would have got introduced slowly and in a successful team.

If a release clause is still the sticking point then we should agree it forthwith. !5M is fair and what he owes us. Cannot understand why this wasn't agreed months ago.

If its gone past that and he simply won't sign anything, we have lost a terrific talent and a lot of money as well.

Congrats to all concerned.

Archived